This cord-clamping thing

Old August 27th 05, 07:46 PM
Mogget

Default This cord-clamping thing

So why do docs do it, then, cord-clamping newborns? There must be some
reason, surely. I'd like to know what it is.
--
Mogget
Old August 27th 05, 09:25 PM
Todd Gastaldo

BABY ASPHYXIATION AND "LIBERTARIAN" STEVE B. HARRIS, MD

See below.

in article , Mogget at
wrote on 8/27/05 11:46 AM:

So why do docs do it, then, cord-clamping newborns? There must be some
reason, surely. I'd like to know what it is.

Mogget,

Immediate cord clamping/cutting is EUPHEMISM - for an obvious mass felony...

Immediate cord clamping/cuttiing means "amputating mother from baby -
amputating baby's natural oxygenation/transfusion device - temporarily
asphyxiating baby (forcing baby to breathe through his/her lungs before
he/she is ready) - robbing baby of up 50% off his/her blood volume."

As medical students, MDs are TRAINED to perform this obvious mass felony in
EVERY CESAREAN BIRTH - according to retired obstetrician George Malcolm
Morley, MB ChB FACOG.

Simply stopping the obvious mass felony would be tantamount to admitting the
obvious mass felony.

Perhaps most importantly, stopping the obvious mass felony would betray the
attorney generals who have been studiously ignoring the obvious mass felony.

THE problem is attorney generals knowingly failing to enforce the law.

Arrogant "Libertarian" Steve B. Harris, MD told everyone how MDs get away
with obvious crimes:

"Without enforcement, there is no law. Without law, there is no crime.
These are elementary principles. Get an adult to explain them to you."
http://groups.google.com/group/
misc.kids.pregnancy/msg/28866f3384801ae9

I think there are a LOT of adults who don't understand that attorney
generals remain silent in accord with organized medicine's "elementary
principles" - laws be damned - babies be damned.

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo
Hillsboro, Oregon

PS "Libertarian" Steve B. Harris, MD recently called upon OB/GYNs to
comment.

I replied:

I AGREE WITH STEVE B. HARRIS, MD...

I wrote:

Yes - it is time for OB-GYNs to account for themselves. *First, they need to
account for the fact that the baby blood robbery crime isn't just happening
in cesarean births. *It is being PROMOTED [as "cord blood banking"] - as
OB/GYNs stupidly assist the
promoters - and lie to cover-up the fact they are routinely closing birth
canals up to 30%.

Surely all OB-GYNs can agree that that bizarre TEMPORARY baby asphyxiation
experiment being promoted by Dr. Morley should never be attempted...

Here it is again....note the word "asphyxia"...

"[T]he umbilical cord [is] immediately closed between finger and thumb...The
[fetal heart rate/FHR] will decelerate quickly to about 60 bpm...the color
will change from purple-pink (normal at birth) to pallid blue
(vaso-constriction and asphyxia.)...Few midwives or obstetricians will be
able to observe, without interference, a deep, prolonged FHR deceleration on
a non-breathing newborn for a period of 60 seconds.* Common sense will soon
release the finger and thumb."
http://www.cordclamping.com/ac og-cp.htm

I specifically wrote to Steve: You do agree that OB/GYNs should not be
experimenting with
asphyxiating babies temporarily, right?

See OB/GYNs: *I AGREE WITH STEVE B. HARRIS, MD
http://groups.google.com/group/
misc.kids.pregnancy/msg/8ac5f5f9540f419a

Steve hasn't replied.

Is there ANYONE who thinks it is right/legal for OB/GYNs to experiment with
asphyxiating babies?

Remember: Dr. Morley encourages this grisly experiment to encourage
obstetricians to demonstrate to themselves that it is not right to rob
babies of up to 50% of their blood volume.

Bottomline, Mogget, MDs continue because they don't want to go to prison.

MDs are desperately HOPING

MDs are committing MANY obvious crimes...

Which is why I am in favor of pardons in advance for MDs. As medical
students, MDs are TRAINED to commit obvious felonies.

Pardons in advance for MDs would break the vicious medical training cycle -
and likely save America billions of dollars per year - not to mention likely
saving many lives and making birth easier.

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo
Hillsboro, Oregon

PS There is an obstetrician in Congress (Ron Paul, MD) who could speak out
- but he is placing politics above babies...

Politics corrupts. Libertarians are going along with the gag - babies be
damned.

See Libertarians: Crooked obstetrician Ron Paul, MD (also: Michael Badnarik
for Congress)

Politics corrupts. CHIROPRACTORS are going along with the gag - babies be
damned.

See Babies, the CIA and obstetric health fraud
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...t/message/3829

Old August 27th 05, 10:53 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Mogget wrote:
So why do docs do it, then, cord-clamping newborns? There must be some
reason, surely. I'd like to know what it is.

They do it because that's the way it's *been* done, unfortunately.
That's how a lot of things happen. Why do many still say that you should
put alcohol on the cord stump, even though current research suggests
otherwise?
It used to be that they were worried that allowing the extra blood
into the baby would lead to increased rates of jaundice and polycythemia
and such, but that assumption has not been borne out in studies. Where
the rates of some of these conditions are slightly higher with delayed
cord clamping, they tend not to be serious enough to be symptomatic
or even to require any treatment whatsoever. *And* the babies are
less likely to be anemic later on with the delayed cord clamping.
You cannot take for granted that just because something is
standard care, it is justified in some way. Change frequently lags
research *substantially*, and many things were originally done
for reasons that no longer hold any water whatsoever.

Best wishes,
Ericka
Old August 27th 05, 11:06 PM
Mogget

x-posting snipped

In message , Todd Gastaldo
writes

wrote on 8/27/05 11:46 AM:

So why do docs do it, then, cord-clamping newborns? There must be some
reason, surely. I'd like to know what it is.

Mogget,

Immediate cord clamping/cutting is EUPHEMISM - for an obvious mass felony...

Immediate cord clamping/cuttiing means "amputating mother from baby -
amputating baby's natural oxygenation/transfusion device - temporarily
asphyxiating baby (forcing baby to breathe through his/her lungs before
he/she is ready) - robbing baby of up 50% off his/her blood volume."

Bottomline, Mogget, MDs continue because they don't want to go to prison.

So the only reason they do it is so as not to have to admit they've been
wrong?

When my daughter was delivered, non-clamping of the cord yada yada was
on the birth plan but it didn't happen. It ended up being an emergency
C-section and my husband explained to the surgical team that we didn't
want the cord clamped until it had stopped pulsing but they said no,
they had to clamp straight away. I was so out of it by then that I have
no recollection of the explanation.

You're preaching to the converted; it makes good sense to me not to
clamp immediately. I would just like to know why they DO.
--
Mogget
Old August 28th 05, 12:55 AM
Marie

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 18:46:37 GMT, Mogget
wrote:
So why do docs do it, then, cord-clamping newborns? There must be some
reason, surely. I'd like to know what it is.

I figure it's so the OB can get done with you and baby and go on to
do whatever else he has planned. Most things seem to be about habit or
convenience of the medical team. If the OB had to wait around to cut
the cord, it would take longer for him to move on to other laboring
women/c-sections.
Marie
Old August 28th 05, 12:57 AM
Marie

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 22:06:51 GMT, Mogget
wrote:
You're preaching to the converted; it makes good sense to me not to
clamp immediately. I would just like to know why they DO.

No one will admit to why they do it when it's best not to do it in the
first place. Like episiotomies, IV's, epidurals, c!rcs, telling you
you have to lay on your back to have a baby, pushing formula and
pacifiers,...
Marie
Old August 28th 05, 03:35 AM
Jo

wrote:

So why do docs do it, then, cord-clamping newborns? There must be some
reason, surely. I'd like to know what it is.

I figure it's so the OB can get done with you and baby and go on to
do whatever else he has planned. Most things seem to be about habit or
convenience of the medical team. If the OB had to wait around to cut
the cord, it would take longer for him to move on to other laboring
women/c-sections.
Marie

I think with the active management of 3rd stage, you 'have to' clamp
early so that blood from the placenta isn't *forced* into the baby with
the unnaturally large contraction that the synthetic oxytocin causes to
detatch the placenta. That's the explanation I was given when I was a
Midwifery Student. I don't see why they can't delay the synto until the
cord has been clamped, *after* it has stopped pulsating.

Jo (Mum to Will, 3 months old!)
Old August 28th 05, 05:59 AM
Todd Gastaldo

CORD PULSATES FOR 19 MIN!

See below.

in article , Jo at

wrote:

[...]

VIOLENT uterine contractions due to oxytocin would be sort of like an MD
stripping the cord then clamping maybe?

My understanding is that NATURAL uterine contractions cause a TIDAL WAVE of
placental blood to flow to the baby - but the baby can send back what he or
she doesn't need.

I recently noted my understanding in an exchange with Ericka Kammerer...

NEONATAL RESUSCITATION: A SIMPLE QUESTION

See the very end of this post....

"Ericka Kammerer" wrote in message

Todd Gastaldo wrote:

Until medical "science" cleans up its criminal cord clamping act, I like
Larry's advice to wait till the placenta delivers. *Other mammals don't
clamp. *Waiting till the placenta delivers couldn't hurt and may well be
beneficial in ways we haven't discovered.

Regarding BEFORE the placenta delivers...

Postpartum uterine contractions can reportedly deliver "a
virtual tidal wave of placental blood flow"...

And it looks like you've got to watch the
cord for over a minute to catch a uterine contraction/transfusion peak...

Nevertheless, anyone who wishes can watch and see when
the cord stops pulsating, and there are certainly situations
where it is much more convenient and comfortable to detach
the baby before the placenta is delivered--particularly if
you're working with a short cord. *If one doesn't feel like
making sure the cord has stopped pulsating, by all means,
wait as long as one wants.

Ericka,

You snipped the part about how Cochrane collaborationists have hijacked the
word "delayed" to mean 30 to 120 seconds.

One is not allowed to do what one "feels like" in many hospitals - and with
"science" hijacking the word "delayed" - well - 120 seconds could become the
"scientific" standard for "delayed."

Heck, lotus birth and you don't
even have to decide when. I have no problem with that. *But
if you want to get the cord cut, waiting until it has stopped
pulsating, whenever that happens to be for your baby, is
sufficient.

Not the point. *You were talking about expending "capital" arguing with an
OB.

OBs could well start arguing "scientifically" that "delayed" means 120
seconds - or 30 seconds.

I reproduce my post below.

There is a simple question at the end.

No one has answered it yet.

Todd

"REEEEEAAAALLLY DELAYED"?

Does this mean clamping after 120 seconds?

Some medical "scientists" might think so...

See below.

Larry McMahan wrote:
I would say that if you wait until the placenta delivers, you are going
to be safe.

Ericka Kammerer replied:

Sure, but as far as I can remember it didn't seem all
that difficult to figure out when it stopped pulsating.

Ericka,

Until medical "science" cleans up its criminal cord clamping act, I like
Larry's advice to wait till the placenta delivers. *Other mammals don't
clamp. *Waiting till the placenta delivers couldn't hurt and may well be
beneficial in ways we haven't discovered.

Regarding BEFORE the placenta delivers...

Postpartum uterine contractions can reportedly deliver "a
virtual tidal wave of placental blood flow"...

And it looks like you've got to watch the
cord for over a minute to catch a uterine contraction/transfusion peak...
See the graph at the Morley URL below.

*If
in doubt, one can always wait, of course, but I also don't
think that there's much evidence that it's beneficial to
wait longer.

I don't think OBs are *looking* for such evidence - indeed - quite the
contrary: *It appears to me that OBs have employed at least one CNMwife to
pretend in the medical literature that "delayed" means waiting 30 seconds.

Heike Rabe, MD, PhD spewed the most recent evidence of this grisly nonsense:

"Delaying cord clamping by 30 to 120 seconds, rather than early clamping,
seems to be associated with less need for transfusion and less
intraventricular haemorrhage." [Rabe H, Reynolds G, Diaz-Rossello J.
Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2004 Oct 18;(4):CD003248. PubMed abstract ]

For my discussion of Rabe et al., see...
http://groups-beta.google.com/ group/misc.kids.pregnancy/msg/ 7e3e71a8f...

See also: *CNMwife baby blood robber (45 sec is 'delayed' cord clamping,
Judy?!)
http://groups-beta.google.com/ group/misc.kids.pregnancy/msg/ 03626f39c...

If one is having to push to get delayed clamping,
one might not choose to spend further capital trying to get
reeeeeeaaaalllly delayed clamping ;-)

That's a cute phrase Ericka - "reeeeeeaaalllly delayed" - some medical
"scientists" no doubt now think that waiting 120 seconds is "reeeeeaaalllly
delayed." *See the "delayed" game above.

And remember...

OBs are ROOOOOUTIIIIIIIIIINELY robbing babies of up to 50% of their blood
volume as they hijack the word "delayed" to mean 30 second clamping.

AN INCREDIBLE CASE

In 1957, Mavis Gunther, MD reported a case where cord and baby were kept
warm and cord pulsating went on for 20 minutes.

Dr. Morley exclaimed regarding Dr. Gunther's case:

"Figure 1 is a recording of a placental transfusion [3] obtained by placing
the newborn at the level of the placenta, wrapped in a warm blanket, on a
recording scales. It was obviously not a typical birth - the cord pulsated
for 19 minutes, the placental transfusion (cord closure) was completed after
20 minutes, and the child started crying about ten minutes after birth!"

And then...

"During the first nine minutes...[t]here is no record of it breathing during
this time..." *[Gastaldo remarks - WOW!]

Finally...

"Weight variation, INFLUENCED BY UTERINE CONTRACTIONS, indicates that a
virtual tidal wave of placental blood flow was adequately oxygenating the
child in the absence of any obvious lung function." (emphasis
added)...Marked vertical 'activity' lines occur at the height of UTERINE
CONTRACTION/TRANSFUSION PEAKS..." (emphasis added)

Dr. Morley discussing Gunther M. The Transfer of
Blood Between the Baby and the Placenta. Lancet 1957;I:1277-1280.
http://www.cordclamping.com/cr ?y.htm

Again, it looks like you've got to watch the
cord for over a minute to catch a uterine contraction/transfusion peak...

Or I guess mom could tell you when a contraction is happening.

Todd

PS 1957 - the year Mavis Gunther, MD reported her remarkable case - was also
the year that Borell and Fernstrom demonstrated radiographically (albeit
indirectly) that semisitting and dorsal delivery close the birth canal - up
to 30% it turns out.

PS2 *Rabe et al. promote robbing babies of up to 50% of their blood volume,
as in,

"Early clamping allows for immediate resuscitation of the newborn..." [Rabe
et al. 2004]

WHICH REMINDS ME...

In cases where the baby MUST be
resuscitated after birth - I am still wondering why pediatricians have to
sever the baby's access to blood and oxygen and rush baby across the room to
resuscitate. Why can't neonatal resuscitation stations be designed so
that
mother and baby can be wheeled underneath (or between) with baby's natural
oxygenation/transfusion device still intact? No one has answered this
question.

Old August 28th 05, 06:42 AM
Todd Gastaldo

ANYONE CAN REPORT CRIME AGAINST BABIES...

ATTENTION: Oregon Atty Genl Hardy Myers ): This is
a Suspected (Mass) Child Abuse Report.

See below.

in article , Marie at

wrote:
You're preaching to the converted; it makes good sense to me not to
clamp immediately. I would just like to know why they DO.

No one will admit to why they do it when it's best not to do it in the
first place. Like episiotomies, IV's, epidurals, c!rcs, telling you
you have to lay on your back to have a baby, pushing formula and
pacifiers,...
Marie

FOR NEW READERS...

If I were a baby about to have an MD asphyxiate me and rob up to 50% of my
blood, I would put it this way: Few MDs will admit there is NO REASON to do
it when it is obviously CRIMINAL to do it in the first place.

The problem is attorney generals KNOWINGLY failing to enforce the law.

(They don't call it the medico-"legal" "just us" system for nothing.)

Women shouldn't have to ASK for the "extra" up to 50% of blood for their
babies.

Most women don't KNOW to ask.

Attorney generals are silently harming some of The People - some of the
tiniest people.

"Libertarian" Steve B. Harris, MD told everyone how MDs get away
with obvious crimes:

"Without enforcement, there is no law. Without law, there is no crime.
These are elementary principles. Get an adult to explain them to you."
http://groups.google.com/group/
misc.kids.pregnancy/msg/28866f3384801ae9

I think there are a LOT of adults who don't understand that attorney
generals remain silent in accord with organized medicine's "elementary
principles" - laws be damned - babies be damned.

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo
Hillsboro, Oregon

PS Is there ANYONE who does not agree that Dr. Morley's TEMPORARY baby
asphyxiation experiment is child abuse?

Here it is again:

.....note the word "asphyxia"...

"[T]he umbilical cord [is] immediately closed between finger and thumb...The
[fetal heart rate/FHR] will decelerate quickly to about 60 bpm...the color
will change from purple-pink (normal at birth) to pallid blue
(vaso-constriction and asphyxia.)...Few midwives or obstetricians will be
able to observe...a deep, prolonged FHR deceleration on
a non-breathing newborn for a period of 60 seconds.* Common sense will soon
release the finger and thumb."
http://www.cordclamping.com/ac og-cp.htm

Sorry to repeat myself but...

Immediate cord clamping/immediate cord CUTTING asphyxiates the baby into
breathing with his/her lungs - and robs up to 50% of the baby's blood
volume.

The Red Cross wouldn't risk taking up to 50% of someone's blood - yet
obstetricians rob babies of up to 50% of their blood in EVERY CESAREAN
DELIVERY, according George Malcolm Morley, MB ChB FACOG.

Ladies, this mass child abuse is happening in a maternity hospital near you.

If I were a baby about to be born, I would want everyone reporting the crime
to law enforcement.

But that's just me.

Sincerely,

Todd

PS Oregon readers, do you SUSPECT that asphyxiating babies and robbing up to
50% of their blood is child abuse?

The baby blood robbery is reportedly happening in EVERY CESAREAN BIRTH,
according to Dr. Morley.

The State of Oregon says:

"ALL OREGON CITIZENS ARE ENCOURAGED TO REPORT SUSPECTED [CHILD ABUSE] TO DHS
OR LAW ENFORCEMENT. Over 25 percent of the substantiated cases of child
abuse are reported by concerned citizens who are not required to report.
Failure to report is a violation and carries a maximum penalty of $1,000.00.
Mandatory reporters have also been successfully sued for damages in civil
court for failing to report.©—
http://www.oregon.gov/DHS/children/a...s/report.shtml

As indicated above, I'm copying this Suspected (Mass) Child Abuse Report to
Oregon Atty Genl Hardy Myers via .

I urge others (inside and outside of Oregon) to report to Atty Genl Hardy
Myers and to their own state's attorney general...

Compose your own Suspected (Mass) Child Abuse report - or feel free to
forward this one to state attorney generals.

Again, if I were a baby about to be born, I would want everyone reporting
the crime.

But that's just me.

Old August 28th 05, 04:52 PM
Mogget

In message , Ericka Kammerer
writes
Mogget wrote:
So why do docs do it, then, cord-clamping newborns? There must be
some reason, surely. I'd like to know what it is.

They do it because that's the way it's *been* done, unfortunately.
That's how a lot of things happen.

That is a shame.

Mr Mogget would call that the difference between fluid & static
intelligence.

Just as well I have you lot for better information :-)
--
Mogget