headaches

Old July 17th 05, 03:32 PM
oregonchick

Default headaches

I have had a headache for 2 days straight now. It really sucks to wake up
with one. Is this normal? I can't think of what I could do to make it go
away. I drink plenty of water and get enough sleep, eat well, etc. Tylenol
doesn't seem to help. It's just a low grade headache, but is starting to
wear me out. I don't remember having headaches the last time I was
pregnant - but this is starting to be a regular thing...

Old July 17th 05, 03:40 PM
Shell

"oregonchick" wrote in message
I have had a headache for 2 days straight now. It really sucks to wake up
with one. Is this normal? I can't think of what I could do to make it go
away. I drink plenty of water and get enough sleep, eat well, etc.
Tylenol doesn't seem to help. It's just a low grade headache, but is
starting to wear me out. I don't remember having headaches the last time I
was pregnant - but this is starting to be a regular thing...

I'm suffering the same. My midwife said Tylenol doesn't touch headaches.
She said I could take Ibuprofen MINIMALLY for those really bad headaches,
but make sure I'm not taking it a lot.

~Shell

Old July 17th 05, 04:21 PM
Cuddlefish

"oregonchick" wrote in message
I have had a headache for 2 days straight now. It really sucks to wake up
with one. Is this normal? I can't think of what I could do to make it go
away. I drink plenty of water and get enough sleep, eat well, etc.
Tylenol doesn't seem to help. It's just a low grade headache, but is
starting to wear me out. I don't remember having headaches the last time I
was pregnant - but this is starting to be a regular thing...

When I wake up with a headache, it is because I have been clenching my jaw
and grinding my teeth in my sleep. I know I have been doing that a bit
lately with the stress of late term pregnancy... :-( I find rehydrating
with a large glass of water to be somewhat helpful.

--
Jacqueline
#1 Due late Jul/early Aug

Old July 17th 05, 05:23 PM
Bryna

oregonchick wrote:
I have had a headache for 2 days straight now. It really sucks to wake up
with one. Is this normal? I can't think of what I could do to make it go
away. I drink plenty of water and get enough sleep, eat well, etc. Tylenol
doesn't seem to help. It's just a low grade headache, but is starting to
wear me out. I don't remember having headaches the last time I was
pregnant - but this is starting to be a regular thing...

I don't have any advice -- I've never found Tylenol to do anything for
pain at all and I take Percocet for migraines -- but it sounds like it
could be a sinus headache. I get those when the weather is
particularly humid or overcast or whatever, and they sound like what
you are describing. I know, that's probably utterly no help to you.
Speak to your caregiver about what your other options might be. Good
luck -- hope it goes away really soon!

Bryna

Old July 17th 05, 08:01 PM
oregonchick

"CY" wrote in message
Have you had you bp checked lately??

There's a thought - I haven't. But I do know how bp affects things like
this. I will definitely look into it, since I had pregnancy induced
hypertension last time. Don't know why I didn't think of that! Thanks,,,

Old July 17th 05, 10:19 PM
Ericka Kammerer

oregonchick wrote:

"CY" wrote in message

Have you had you bp checked lately??

There's a thought - I haven't. But I do know how bp affects things like
this. I will definitely look into it, since I had pregnancy induced
hypertension last time. Don't know why I didn't think of that! Thanks,,,

Not only that, but headaches (particularly with visual
disturbances) are sometimes symptoms of pre-eclampsia, so you need to
get that BP checked out ASAP given a history of hypertensive disorders.

Best wishes,
Ericka

ABC propaganda on aspartame john Kids Health 17 September 18th 04 08:17 PM
Holdup with checks brings headaches for ex-foster kids wexwimpy Foster Parents 0 August 4th 04 04:26 PM
headaches x x Pregnancy 1 November 7th 03 08:05 PM
headaches... little one Pregnancy 7 August 16th 03 01:00 AM
Headaches Devastating to Children's Quality of Life According to New Cincinnati Children's Study Cincinnati Children's Webmaster Kids Health 0 July 15th 03 09:24 PM