Number 1 Parenting Mistake.

Old August 20th 06, 08:54 AM posted to alt.parenting.solutions
The Flavored Coffeee Guy

Default Number 1 Parenting Mistake.

IS:

Not correcting your child when you know that they've done something
wrong.

#2 Is not correcting them because, you believe and know that they don't

know what they've done wrong.

************************************************** ****************************

It is really simple, you cannot expect a child to learn unless you
teach them, and they cannot understand right from wrong, unless you
teach them. If you want what is best for them, and you want them to be

able to enjoy life, never allow thier inocence be the reason. Thier
lack of knowledge of right and wrong has got to be removed and the
rules, morals, issues of common law, and edicate taught to them.

It is impossible for a child to set the right priorities, when a parent

keeps providing loopholes in the law based upon them not knowing the
difference between right and wrong, or what they've done wrong.

Any habit, mental, if just a train of thought and a habit of thinking,
or a habit of saying a catch phrase, or a habit of picking your nose,
can be compared to smoking cigarettes. The kid will learn that so long

as you believe them nieve, and they give you that dumb look, as if they

don't know, they can get away with whatever they've done wrong, or at
least have a better chance at it.

You as a parent, if you want them to enjoy life, would have to correct
them every time they'd done something, and when you catch them, teach
them what they've done wrong. But, if you aren't teaching them, if you

aren't explaining to them, and you keep letting them do whatever it is
that they will do, then they won't be able to enjoy life.

You might not think so because, you only see yourself limiting their
freedom. But, what they really have to learn is to not to want to do
anything wrong. Once they get that much straight, then they discover
their true freedom, and the only form of freedom they will ever have in

this world. The right to do anything they know isn't wrong, which
includes, toys, models, friends, hobbies, careers, and anything they
want, so long as they know it isn't wrong. After that, it's just as
simple as understanding that there is a time for everything. You could

have a half gallon ice cream as a teaching tool. If they want it,
good, but watch the expiration date. When you get to the last day that

they would sell it, let em' eat all of it. But, don't let em' have any

until they have to eat it all. If you know that kid will pig out on
it, given that golden oprotunity, do it, and let em' pig out. But,
teach them that it really is possible for them to save it for later, if

pigging out is so important.

You need to teach them, that their choice of friends is important, as
well as keep track of the crimes committed against your child by their
friends. That journal will always help you. It gives you the means of

bringing the whole situation down to their level and their experiances
as to when they lied too, or when they were stolen from. The whole
point, is making a point of how they felt and reminding them that being

that way doesn't make a good friend, and anyone that is that way, isn't

one.

But, you cannot set the priority of right and wrong or stress it well
enough except to correct them every time you catch them. If they don't

know they did something wrong, and you know what they did was wrong,
then it's time to start teaching them.

Old August 28th 06, 06:39 PM posted to alt.parenting.solutions
RichardM

I imagine an articule like this gets parents backs up rather than
helping them, especially as you're not a parent yourself and else don't
state a professional interest.

Old August 29th 06, 07:35 AM posted to alt.parenting.solutions
The Flavored Coffeee Guy

Let's say you babysat for a long time, and you had friends who had
kids. Then when you look back at when you were a kid, the real friends
you had, always got in trouble every time they got caught. But, then
you think about the enemies you had, and they didn't ever seem to get
into trouble. So, I look at it like this, I've had compliments from a
guy who didn't know what to do with a dozen kids, when he asked for my
advice, and he was glad that it worked. So, I see myself as right, but
that's all in the proof that comes from freinds that have taken my
advice, and people that had written me asking for it. But, the people
who actually thank me, aren't the people that really do anything to
really honestly raise thier kids right. They deal with them, they put
up with them, and their kids wear on the patience, but no matter how
stubborn or concieted the parent, it will only result in more problems
for the kid. But, that kid will be a problem for you as long as he/she
is a minor.

Old September 1st 06, 11:02 AM posted to alt.parenting.solutions
Anu

Hey ,

I am a parent myself and what's written here makes absolute sense. You
set the ground rules and a child understands. There should be rules in
raising a child. My kids have grown and I have seen the results. They
are free to live their lives but know exactly what is right or wrong
for them. So I agree totally.

Old September 2nd 06, 08:25 AM posted to alt.parenting.solutions
The Flavored Coffeee Guy

Anu,

Thank-you, it's wonderful to hear that from a real parent.

Old September 3rd 06, 06:27 AM posted to alt.parenting.solutions
R. Steve Walz

Anu wrote:

Hey ,

I am a parent myself and what's written here makes absolute sense. You

----------------------
Shut the **** up, FCG-sock-puppet.
Steve
Old September 3rd 06, 07:30 AM posted to alt.parenting.solutions
The Flavored Coffeee Guy

R. Steve Walz wrote:
Anu wrote:

Hey ,

I am a parent myself and what's written here makes absolute sense. You

----------------------
Shut the **** up, FCG-sock-puppet.
Steve

Steve, you wish Anu, wrote:

but, your settings automatically place your signature at the bottom of
the message, and the newsgroup server automatically placed your user
name in the header. You see,

Anu, wrote nothing.

Old September 4th 06, 01:47 PM posted to alt.parenting.solutions
R. Steve Walz

Steve, you wish Anu, wrote:

but, your settings automatically place your signature at the bottom of
the message, and the newsgroup server automatically placed your user
name in the header. You see,
R. Steve Walz wrote:

Anu, wrote nothing.

That's because I'm not "Anu", wheoever THAT is.

You're a delusional moron!
Steve
Old September 5th 06, 07:08 PM posted to alt.parenting.solutions
The Flavored Coffeee Guy

I feel like I'm being followed around by a group of pedophiles, who can
actually see light of what I'm saying, and they don't like it because,
they can't get their dicks wet if the parents know what to do!