how to keep her happy?

Old April 12th 06, 11:09 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default how to keep her happy?

"Linda" wrote in message
I need ideas and suggestions for my poor DH. I work on Monday nights and
leave DD (3 months) with DH for about 3 hours.

Since you have fed her just before you leave, she can't be hungry (LOL).
What is she like on other evenings? Is her routine the same or do you change
everything on this one night? I'd make sure to start with that you feed her
at the same time *every* night, and if possible not feed her again until
those three hours are up, so that she is doing the same thing every night.
I would also back up the bath time thing, it is a great time for daddies to
interact alone with their children, and is something that either parent can
do successfully. The times are flexible, but let's say you leave at 6pm...
you feed her at around 5.30pm, then either leave (for work on Mondays) or
back off (other nights) and let Daddy take over. A small play to allow time
for her food to go down, then bath time, into jammies, a story time or song
time together, maybe a short stroll around the park... and you are home or
ready to step in by 9pm to feed and put her to bed together. I think routine
is an important thing here, so that she is used to these three hours being
Daddy time every day.
Donna