what should i do?

Old May 6th 07, 12:25 AM
ashley marie ashley marie is offline
Junior Member

Location: west valley city, utah
Unhappy what should i do?

well this is a long story. but honestly, i need all the advice i can get. my mother is a 43 year woman with the mental compasity of a 13 year old. (seriously tests say so) and she will not get a job and take care of my two youngest siblings and when help is offered to her she will not accept. several of my family members have tryed to help her. I am 19 years old and seriously conflicted. i pay for their school pictures, yearbooks and dances. so they dont miss out on some of the things i have. their father pays so much child support he cant even afford to live in a trailor house, so he definately cannot afford an attorney and yet he makes to much to get state assistance.

What pains us the most is we never get to see them and never know if there is a roof over their head or not. the last time my father seen his two younger children he hadnt seen them for two years. how terrible is that?

I was previously removed from my mothers custody by the state and the division of child and family services.(for abuse) and for some reason the judge saw no reason that the other two children be removed. I would love to take on the full responsibility of taking care of my siblings. but I dont really have the smarts my self to raise any children. now i know this is a bunch of jabber and poorly organized.(shows how well college writing worked for me .. lol) but i would love any opinions, ideas,or information that any of you may have. I am at my witts end with this.

Last edited by ashley marie : May 6th 07 at 12:28 AM.
Old May 6th 07, 04:49 PM posted to misc.kids.health
Jeff

Default what should i do?

"ashley marie" wrote in
message . ..

well this is a long story. but honestly, i need all the advice i can
get. my mother is a 43 year woman with the mental compasity of a 13
year old. (seriously tests say so) and she will not get a job and take
care of my two youngest siblings and when help is offered to her she
will not accept. several of my family members have tryed to help her. I
am 19 years old and seriously conflicted. i pay for their school
pictures, yearbooks and dances. so they dont miss out on some of the
things i have. their father pays so much child support he cant even
afford to live in a trailor house, so he definately cannot afford an
attorney and yet he makes to much to get state assistance.

What pains us the most is we never get to see them and never know is
they have a roof over their head or not. the last time my father seen
his two younger children he hadnt seen them for two years. how terrible
is that?

I was previously removed from my mothers custody by the state and the
division of child and family services.(for abuse) and for some reason
the judge saw no reason that the other two children be removed. I would
love to take on the full responsibility of taking care of my siblings.
but I dont really have the smarts my self to raise any children. now i
know this is a bunch of jabber and poorly organized.(shows how well
college writing worked for me .. lol) but i would love any opinions,
ideas,or information that any of you may have. I am at my witts end
with this.

Contact famliy services. They might be able to help.

Jeff

--
ashley marie