Hello everyone

Old October 15th 03, 08:39 PM
Jen

Default Hello everyone

I just ran across this newgroup and I thought I would introduce myself and
say hello. I am looking for other single parents to talk to about the daily
struggles of being a parent. Between my college classes, work, and being a
full time parent to a very active 2 1/2 year old I havent met to many other
single parents. Anyway, thats about it. I hope everyones day is going well
and I can't wait to chat with all of you.

Jennifer Luttrell

Old October 15th 03, 11:18 PM
Lisa aka Surfer

Hi Jen, welcome aboard

I remember when my son was that age, I felt so isolated, even living in the
heart of a lovely city. Especially if your friends are still single like
mine were. It's a busy time for sure.

Lisa

Old October 16th 03, 05:07 AM
CME

"Jen" wrote in message
I just ran across this newgroup and I thought I would introduce myself and
say hello. I am looking for other single parents to talk to about the

daily
struggles of being a parent. Between my college classes, work, and being

full time parent to a very active 2 1/2 year old I havent met to many

other
single parents. Anyway, thats about it. I hope everyones day is going

well
and I can't wait to chat with all of you.

Jennifer Luttrell

Welcome to the group. I'm in University full time with 7 1/2 year old twin
boys, so I know where you're coming from. lol

Christine

Old October 17th 03, 09:13 PM
Blu Dlphn03

my name is amanda. i too am a single parent looking for other people to talk
to. the only difference between me and you is that my son is 2 months old. but
i am starting school in january. and i am working again. so please write me
back.

bye, amanda
Old October 17th 03, 11:26 PM
CME

"Blu Dlphn03" wrote in message
my name is amanda. i too am a single parent looking for other people to

talk
to. the only difference between me and you is that my son is 2 months

old. but
i am starting school in january. and i am working again. so please write

me
back.

bye, amanda

What are you taking in school? I found that school and working was just too
much on my plate, so I took out student loans, and although I'm going to owe
a bundle, there are a lot of grants and bursaries available because I'm a
single parent...

Christine

Old October 18th 03, 02:38 AM
CME

"Jen" wrote in message
Christine ~

I dont know where you are at, but if you have found single parent

resources
when it comes to finacial aid and grants, scholarships ect I would really
appreciate any and all information. I know that they exist...I just

havent
had any luck finding them so far. I have quite a bit in student loans and
even if I could get anothe 100 bucks that would help. Every penny matters
when your scraping. I hope to talk to you soon

Jennifer

Well I'm in Alberta, Canada so if you're Canadian, I can help you out a bit
for info.

Christine

Old October 18th 03, 04:59 AM
ŠkatŠ

"CME" wrote in message

"Jen" wrote in message
Christine ~

I dont know where you are at, but if you have found single parent

resources
when it comes to finacial aid and grants, scholarships ect I would

really
appreciate any and all information. I know that they exist...I just

havent
had any luck finding them so far. I have quite a bit in student loans

and
even if I could get anothe 100 bucks that would help. Every penny

matters
when your scraping. I hope to talk to you soon

Jennifer

Well I'm in Alberta, Canada so if you're Canadian, I can help you out a

bit
for info.

Christine

Since we're on this topic, I think I need some help from you whenever you're
not so busy with life in general. I'm having real problems with getting
school junk in order, again, and I really, really, REALLY don't want to miss
another year of school... Sucks when you can't afford to go to school and
can't afford to not go to school.
Ugh... Rough as hell and very ****ty week.

Old October 18th 03, 06:46 AM
Jen

Well, I am actually in the United States, Idaho state to be exact. To bad
we arent from the same area

Jennifer

Old October 18th 03, 09:23 AM
CME

"Jen" wrote in message
[...]

Yeah, I hear that... well give me a shout... do you still have my # or
better yet, just MSN me.

Christine

Old October 18th 03, 11:58 AM
Tiffany

Jen wrote in message
Well, I am actually in the United States, Idaho state to be exact. To bad
we arent from the same area

Jennifer

If you have applied for students loans, that info will apply to applying for
grants. So if you have student loans and no grants, you must not have been
as bad off as they think you should to get free money. I for one, have
gotten most of my education in loans, only a few bucks were in grants.