Leslie -- leg cramps??

Old October 10th 04, 03:25 AM
Leslie

((((((Hugs))))
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Thank you, Sue. :-) Hugs help.

Leslie

Emily (2/4/91)
Jake (1/27/94)
Teddy (2/15/95)
William (3/5/01 -- VBA3C, 13 lbs. 5 oz.)
and Lorelei, expected 11/2/04

"Children come trailing clouds of glory from God, which is their home."
~ William Wordsworth

Old October 10th 04, 03:29 AM
Leslie

Rebecca said:

From what you write, I believe you might be as well. Have you mentioned
this to your doctor?

I mentioned the anxiety. He told me I could tak half a Buspar if I wanted to
since my husband takes it and it is on hand. I've managed to cope okay with
the anxiety with the help[ of Rescue Remedy and Calms Forte pills.

S/he might have some suggestions for you that don't
include medication. I can't remember what my dr had me do a few years
back...I think she had me add vitamin E supplements, then put me on
BuSpar. (I wasn't pregnant at the time BTW, and I've been off BuSpar for
2 years now)

I've got E supplements . . . but I will have to force myself to take them! I
can't understand why I won't take my pills--it is the strangest thing.

I remember feeling just soooooo tired, like my blood was lead within my
veins. I could barely keep awake at work, but couldn't stay asleep at
night. The whole deal sucked. If you feel even vaguely like I did at
that time, I feel for you and I hope you feel MUCH better really SOON!

Thank you Rebecca. Yeah, that's about it. Sleep has been a refuge for me, but
now I am starting to feel uncomfortable in bed too. I can't stand the thought
that there is nowhere to go where I can relax and be happy!

Intellectually of course I know it will be better very soon. But you know how
little that matters when you are depressed!

Old October 10th 04, 10:52 AM
Rebecca McGraw

Leslie wrote:

Intellectually of course I know it will be better very soon. But you know how
little that matters when you are depressed!

That's true. It's hard to think when you are depressed or anxious... I
think that's why it's easier to just sit! When I had my trouble I was
able to tell I wasn't acting right, but I couldn't be bothered to do
anything about it..I had to pretty much be dragged kicking and screaming
to the doctor before I could admit to myself that I needed medication or
something, at least. It was awful. I figured, why on Earth can't I snap
out of it myself? I'm a strong, smart person, I should be able to get
OVER this...maybe I'll feel better tomorrow. Or tomorrow. Or tomorrow,
and so on, and I never felt any better. But I have to say, about 3 weeks
or so after I started the BuSpar (also half a tab at that time), I
literally woke up one morning feeling "normal" again. It was the nicest
feeling, like a vacation from the anxiety! And after 5 weeks on meds I
felt like my "old" self and I couldn't believe I had let things get so bad.

I took BuSpar for a little over a year and it's been 2.5 years and a job
change since I went off it, so far so good. I worry about PPD and
anxiety since depression and other assorted craziness runs in my family
but if I start feeling half as bad as I did then after little no-name
comes (and I *remember* how bad I felt...pregnancy fatigue has been
nothing compared to how bad I felt then!) then I'm off to the doctor to
request some help. It doesn't make me a weaker person or anything.

Maybe you are more sensitive to depression and anxiety this time around,
kind of in the same way that one shows earlier with subsequent
pregnancies? Maybe that's why it's started in earlier than before. Just
a thought. Also with 4 children demanding your time and energy, and the
little unborn one tapping your physical resources, maybe just being more
busy and stretched thin physically has started it ealier.

Boy, this sounds like I'm really a pill-pusher! I swear I'm not, but if
your doctor gave you the go-ahead, if you can make yourself take the
vitamins and the half-tab of BuSpar, then give it a try, because you
might feel better quicker and you probably won't feel any worse!

Big Hugs!
-Rebecca
"armchair psychologist" at 4:30 am...can't sleep, back hurts. gr.
disclaimer: I'm not a psychologist nor do I play one on TV.

Old October 12th 04, 03:35 AM
Leslie

Rebecca said:

I figured, why on Earth can't I snap
out of it myself? I'm a strong, smart person, I should be able to get
OVER this...maybe I'll feel better tomorrow. Or tomorrow. Or tomorrow,
and so on, and I never felt any better.

Yep. I'm so used to being a cheeful, well-balanced person who can handle lots
of stress and responsibiltiy unflappably . . .it's just not happening right
now.

But I have to say, about 3 weeks
or so after I started the BuSpar (also half a tab at that time), I
literally woke up one morning feeling "normal" again. It was the nicest
feeling, like a vacation from the anxiety! And after 5 weeks on meds I
felt like my "old" self and I couldn't believe I had let things get so bad.

That sounds lovely. :-)

[...]

Could be. Life in general is definitely more stressful right now.

Boy, this sounds like I'm really a pill-pusher! I swear I'm not, but if
your doctor gave you the go-ahead, if you can make yourself take the
vitamins and the half-tab of BuSpar, then give it a try, because you
might feel better quicker and you probably won't feel any worse!

You are probably right. My husband thinks I should try the Buspar as well. I
am certainly not against anti-depressants if necessary, since I am well aware
that my husband would be impossible to live with if he were not on them!

Leg Cramps Leslie Pregnancy 11 October 5th 04 01:01 AM
leg cramps - here? Ivy Pregnancy 3 April 15th 04 05:55 AM
FAO Leslie Sue Breastfeeding 11 December 31st 03 01:53 PM
Leg Cramps Mom2B Pregnancy 5 July 27th 03 02:19 AM