Gift for Mom

Old September 22nd 05, 08:44 PM
Anne Rogers

Default Gift for Mom

my son was born when it was quite hot, someone gave me peppermint foot
spray, absolutely fabulous, soothing and takes no time at all to give
yourself a quick treat

Anne

Old September 22nd 05, 09:14 PM
Auntie Bubbles

"Elizabeth H Bonesteel" wrote in message
We are throwing my office mate a baby shower on Tuesday. I have of course
a zillion ideas for cute stuff for her baby; but I think it'd be nice to
get
something for Mom as well.

I had carpal tunnel syndrome symptoms while I was pregnant; a friend got me
a paraffin wax spa like one of these:
http://www.target.com/gp/browse.html...8&node=1042022
I love it! DH does, too. He is in construction, and his hands are very
sore sometimes, and it provides a lot of relief!
HTH
Cheers,
Alexis

Old September 22nd 05, 09:35 PM
Elle

Elizabeth H Bonesteel wrote:

So what did you use/want to use as a new mom that made your life easier?

TIA,

Liz
mom to Emily (5/25/2004)

We *really* appreciated meals brought by friends (no family in the
area). Gift certificates for takeout might be appreciated in lieu of
home cooking. I also spent (actually spend) a lot of time in
bookstores/coffee places with my baby. Maybe a gift card would be nice.
They have a lot of good products for home facials etc now, if she is
into that it would be handy. It's always nice to freshen up post-birth.

Elle

Old September 22nd 05, 11:36 PM
Emily

Is she planning on breastfeeding? If so, I recommend Soothies.
They feel great, but they're pretty pricey ($12 for a pair that
lasts about 3 days).

--
Emily
DS1 5/02
Old September 23rd 05, 12:35 AM
Cuddlefish

Elizabeth H Bonesteel wrote:
We are throwing my office mate a baby shower on Tuesday. I have of course
a zillion ideas for cute stuff for her baby; but I think it'd be nice to get
something for Mom as well.

When I try to remember what would have been a source of pleasure and comfort
after DD was born, all I can come up with is "an extra 6 hours of sleep a
day." ;-) Obviously I can't give her that!

So what did you use/want to use as a new mom that made your life easier?

TIA,

Liz
mom to Emily (5/25/2004)

A very supportive [My Brest Friend] nursing pillow was the best thing I
bought myself. :-)

Jacqueline
Old September 23rd 05, 06:06 PM
emilymr

My friend gave me a gift cert for a massage... I used it about 2 months
after Micah was born, and it was FANTASTIC!!

Em
mama to Micah, 11/14/04