Mom is charged for making medical decisions, this is NOT a free country

Old July 9th 08, 09:31 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines,alt.support.cancer

Default Mom is charged for making medical decisions, this is NOT a free country

continued good luck to you and your family

sounds like you are doing a great job

"Marc Bissonnette" wrote in message
. 97.131...
fell face-first on the keyboard. This was the
result: :

HI Marc

arguing with Jan Drew is sorta like arguing with a no brain person

she loves to criticize...usuallly about things she knows very little
about

you sound like a great Dad...hope your kids are doing OK

Thanks, Hawk;

I was going to let it go, but you know, people who make arguments for
letting parents off who abuse or outright kill their kids just sickens
me.

We all (parents, that is) made a choice when we chose to become parents -
Specifically, we chose to make sacrifices until and if our children
become able and cabable of looking out for their own best interests.

That means if you're into booze and dope, not drinking and drugging
around the kids (or if you're going to be responsible for them) - If
you're down to your last $20 and it's a choice of diapers and formula or
sirloin steaks, you choose the diapers and formula.

That list goes on and on - You don't need me to reiterate the painfully
obvious

One thing that I don't think many think of, though (because most of us
don't *have* to think about it) - is the one other big obligation and
responsibility: If we, the parents, know that we *cannot* take care of
our kids - be it through inability, lack of will or circumstances beyond
our control, then it behooves us, for our children, to transfer their
care to those that can.

What this also means is that our elected representatives - i.e. those
that make the laws - recognize this, as well - If we're incapable or
unwilling to make that decision, then the government will step in and
make it for us.

I.e.: If I am starving my kids to death because I don't have any money,
if they are suffering because I am not getting them medication or they
are being mistreated because I'm a moron, they'll take them away from me
to ensure that _THEY_ have the best chance at life.

I'm not looking for brownie points or pats on the back, but I've
***BEEN*** in that situation the mother in this story was in. I was told
*twice* that my son was not going to live until the end of the week. I
spent most of the first two years of his life up with him at night to
make sure he didn't choke on his own vomit because he threw up
*everything* that went into him - even sips of water and certainly
formula and breastmilk. If you haven't been through it, it's hard to
explain just how tired, nay, *exhausted* you become when the little guy
you love the most has been screaming - not crying, not moaning, but
*screaming* for 36 hours *straight*.

I couldn't begin to tell you the *tens of thousands* (Well, maybe
thousands and thousands - I honestly don't keep track anymore) of dollars
in food alone that's either been vomited up or simply crumbled up and
thrown across the floor. That happens to this day, simply because my
little guy is the way that he is - When he cries, it's a guessing game as
to whether he's hungry, thirsty, wet bum, in pain, bored - whatever - He
doesn't talk. He doesn't even have consistant signals or signs for what
it is he wants.

Anyway - my point being: My son has gone through a *lot* in his ten short
years of life. Certainly a helluva lot more than I've gone through with
cancer and, truth be told, he's the main reason I don't feel sorry for
myself: I just have to look at him to realize what a fighter *really* is.

He's a happy, joyful little guy that brings *incredible* happiness to
those around him today - Imagine if I'd given up like this "mother" did
so many years ago ? From a completely selfish point of view, where would
I be if Liam weren't around to keep me straight and level ? Coming out of
surgery in December with a big honkin' hole through my skull to my brain,
who's to say the thought of "Well, we gave up on Liam, because it was
easier that way, maybe I should just do the same..."

Anyway: I've learned a lot about cancer in the last six months. With a
30% recurrence chance, along with the fact that when they opened me up,
they weren't even *looking* for cancer, dealing with the end game and the
therapies to avoid or prolong it is certainly something I've also been
doing a lot of learning about. A few months of pain or discomfort, if it
means survival - which in this boy's case certainly *was* the case - is
well worth it for a lifetime ahead.

--
Marc Bissonnette
Looking for a new ISP? http://www.canadianisp.com

Old July 10th 08, 05:38 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines,alt.support.cancer
Jan Drew

"Marc Bissonnette" wrote:
"Jan Drew" wrote:
Dishonesty
And more dishohesty, or do you not know how to do a hyperlink?

http://news.aol.com/health/story/ar/...ying-son-chemo
/20080703102809990001?icid=200100397x1205086835x120 0242430

You may want to refresh your post reading skills - it was a quote from
someone else, not me typing in the URL.

Nothing wrong with my reading skills. It was me who posted it. Remember?

http://news.aol.com/health/story/ar/...5x120 0242430

Labrie declined comment to the Salem Evening News as she left
court. Her lawyer, Kevin James, said Labrie had taken her son more
than 100 times to Massachusetts General Hospital and "has been
extensively involved in this child's care."

A hundred times ? Big deal.

Were you there? Are you a mother?
Indeed it is a very big deal. But, then-how would you know?
Got any kids or, sick kids, Marc?

http://www.armyofangels.org

Oh, dear God, so sorry to read this, Marc.
God Bless you, your wife and children.

Having said that, there is no reason to write what you wrote about the
smart remark.

What makes you think it was a "smart remark" ?

The one you keep repeating not only here, but on other groups.

*fell face-first on the keyboard.*

Going to the hospital over
100 times for your child's treatment ? Like I said: Big Deal. I passed
that mark well before my son's first birthday, just to keep him alive.
Hell, I've passed that mark for my daughter, as well, as she's a type I
diabetic.

100 times ? Whoopdy freaking do.

Do you think I'd get a "get out of jail free" card if I stopped buying my
daughter insulin, just because I've had a hard life, or because she
doesn't like the four needles a day or the five or six finger pokes a day
? Do you think that the next time she goes into a hypoglycemic coma or
ketoacidosis that no one will put the blame on me for not calling the
ambulance because I thought I'd "end her pain".

What about my son, who cannot walk, who cannot talk and who will never,
EVER be on his own in his entire life - You think it would be okay to
simply sit back and let him seize to death because "it's been tough for
me" ? Maybe I should start leaving all the doors to the house unbarred so
he can get out and play in traffic - after all, in the village in which I
live, no one locks their doors - Why should my son have to inconvenience
me so ?

I repeat:

Oh, dear God, so sorry to read this, Marc.
God Bless you, your wife and children.

I hope and trust this woman will be charged with wilful neglect, child
endangerment and, God fobid, if the child dies, negligence causing death,
of not outright homicide.

Well, shame on you. Oh ye of little compassion.

Being "extremely involved" doesn't mean
skipping appointments designed to keep him alive.

*extensively*

One may skip a general checkup because you've got other priorities
- She, however, not only skipped a ton of the chemo appointments,

*a ton* ?

but didn't fill
in his prescriptions, either. She *chose* to let him die.

*In your opinion*.

She did not choose any such thing.

Neither are prosecutors and police authories on medical matters.
Then, there is the cancer doc, who is of *organized medicine*.

Where was the Dad? Oh, yeah a bitter divorice?

Marc Bissonnette
Looking for a new ISP?

No, and spam is not allowed.

Marc Bissonnette
Looking for a new ISP?

No, deleted spam. Not allowed on Google health newsgroups.

You need to educate yourself on some Internet basics.

This is not a "google health group", this is Usenet, for which Google is
but a web-based interface. I, for example, am reading this from the
*Usenet* newsgroup alt.support.cancer.

Google groups
Alt. support.cancer

Secondly, a .sig is not spam.

Correct. But your adveristising is.

--
Marc Bissonnette

6/2002 - Present InternAlysis Toronto / Beachburg, Ontario
President
As the owner of InternAlysis, I represent the firm to the majority of our
clients. I am responsible for hiring all sub-contractors and ensuring that
projects are on-target, on-time and meet or exceed the client's
expectations.

I also perform the majority of new business development, though we enjoy
excellent relationships with all clientele, who refer a significant amount
of new business each month.

6/2004 - Present CanadianISP Toronto / Beachburg, Ontario
Co-Founder, President
Originally started out as the co-founder and applications developer of
CanadianISP.com, the largest and most-visted Internet Service Provider (ISP)
comparison website in Canada. In 2004, I acquired 100% ownership of the
firm.
Today, CanadianISP continues to be the leading presence in the Canadian ISP
comparison market; I have created and successfully introduced many custom
revenue-generating programs and applications that have benefitted the ISP,
ISP suppliers and the consumer.

Looking for a new ISP?

Spam deleted.

Old July 10th 08, 05:46 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines,alt.support.cancer
Jan Drew

wrote:

Jan Drew

Is not the subject.
Old July 10th 08, 05:48 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines,alt.support.cancer
Jan Drew

"Marc Bissonnette" wrote:

Jan Drew

Is not the subject.
Old July 10th 08, 09:37 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines,alt.support.cancer

"Jan Drew" wrote in message

Jan Drew

Is not the subject.

hysterical...Janster has nothing to say...so she gives her usual "not the
subject reply"

pathetic really

Old July 11th 08, 04:18 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines,alt.support.cancer
Jan Drew

Rosemarie E Brown chicken to post under her real name, has nothing to post
but insults as usual.

Old July 11th 08, 07:10 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines,alt.support.cancer

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
Rosemarie E Brown chicken to post under her real name, has nothing to post
but insults as usual.

reported to sbcglobal.net

Old July 12th 08, 07:46 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines,alt.support.cancer
Jan Drew

wrote in message

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
Rosemarie E Brown chicken to post under her real name, has nothing to
post but insults as usual.

reported to sbcglobal.net

LOL! Be my guest.
They need a good laugh.
Rosemarie E Brown.

Old July 12th 08, 08:26 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines,alt.support.cancer

OK Janetta Drew

of Indiana..

with no qualifications at all

think you scared me?? you shrew??

hardly

Old July 13th 08, 12:46 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines,alt.support.cancer
Jan Drew

wrote in message
OK Janetta Drew

Who? I don't know any *Janetta Drew*.
Do you, Rosemarie E Brown

of Indiana..

with no qualifications at all

Care to prove that? I didn't think do.

think you scared me?? you shrew??

Evidently, you were scared as you reported it to .

hardly