Surviving a Growth Spurt

Old June 10th 04, 12:07 PM
Jill

Default Surviving a Growth Spurt

"nichole" wrote
.. I have a PIS too, but the first time I pumped I cried. I didn't want
this
machine on me, I wanted my baby nursing!

It's interesting that you say that, because yesterday is the first day I had
to leave the baby...I just left her for a few hours to run shopping and I
left EBM for grandma to feed her. When I got back I had some housework that
was WAY beyond the point of desparately needing to be done- our house looked
like a tornado hit it (I don't worry about just a little bit of unfinished
work, but trust me it was getting way bad!)

So by the end of the day I had only nursed her once, in the morning, and I
was feeling let down and depressed--- I really missed nursing her! When
someone else feeds her EBM in a bottle I do feel like I am not there for her
and I am missing the closeness- I am surprised that I feel that way after
less than a day. I'm going to pump to store only what I need to freeze for
emergency...I missed the little doodle bug!

But I do love the PIS efficiency for when I do pump! But you are right, it
is not the same.....while I was pregnant I wondered if I would rather pump
as much as possible to cut down on the nursing I'd "have" to do to, and the
answer is .....NO!!

Jill

Fetal growth chart ted General 16 June 18th 04 02:58 PM
growth spurt? Leanne Pregnancy 5 May 17th 04 05:58 PM
Growth Questions Denise General 1 September 17th 03 03:42 AM
Growth and Basketball Frisbee® MCNGP General 1 August 30th 03 10:14 AM
Brain Growth, Head Circumference, and Autism Circe General 3 July 17th 03 10:00 PM