Its Not Just The Mercury: Aluminum Hydroxide In Vaccines

Old March 12th 08, 03:48 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,misc.kids,misc.headlines
Jan Drew

Default Its Not Just The Mercury: Aluminum Hydroxide In Vaccines

http://adventuresinautism.blogspot.c...hydroxide.html

Its Not Just The Mercury: Aluminum Hydroxide In Vaccines

When parents began suspecting that their children's autism was triggered by
their vaccines, and those parents in the scientific professions began to
look at the plausibility of the vaccine/autism connection, one ingredient
jumped out at them as the most likely culprit. Mercury. Excessive mercury.
So much mercury in one typical shot (25mg)that according to EPA guidelines a
person must weigh 550lbs to safely process the amount of mercury that was
being injected into a child. And they often got more than one shot at a
time.

After all mercury is the most toxic substance on earth that does not set off
a geiger counter.

It has taken more than a decade, but the public and scientific community is
finally on the same page on the idea that it does not belong in vaccines.
And yet is it still in vaccines. We continue to work on the problem.

But now that the mercury message is out there, it is time for the scientific
community to begin to turn their attention to the other three well known
dangers that are in vaccines. Aluminum, Monosodium Glutamate, and
Formaldehyde.

Today we are going to give Aluminum a look.

Aluminum is known to be associated with degenerative, fatal neurological
conditions like Parkinson's, ALS (Lou Gehrig's) and Alzheimer's. And yet
according to the CDC, it is in the following vaccines:

Anthrax, DTaP (all brands), DT (all brands), Hib/Hep B (Comvax), Hep A (all
brands), Hep B (all brands), HPV (Gardasil), Pneumococcal (Prevnar), Rabies
(Biorab), Td (all brands), and Tdap (all brands).

That is most of the vaccines on the CDC's list.

The reason that aluminum is in our vaccines is because it is an adjuvant.

Generally speaking, the way vaccines work is that they contain a virus and
substances called 'adjuvants' (like mercury and aluminum) that kick the
immune system into high gear so that they go on the hunt for the viruses,
eat 'um up, and create antibodies against further infection.

In people with typical immune systems, the body then stands down from high
alert. But in some people, it doesn't, and the immune system begins to
behave like early 20th century Germany and attacks what ever is in sight.
The result, autoimmune disorders.

A few examples of autoimmune disorders: When the immune system attacks the
connective tissue, you get arthritis, when it attacks the mylon sheath
around the nerves, you get Guillain-Barré Syndrome (a known side effect of
the flu shot that causes paralysis), and when it attacks the pancreas you
have Type 1 Diabetes. And on and on.

Because autism was first seen as a psychiatric problem caused by bad
parenting, it has taken decades for it to be properly medically
investigated, and for the autoimmune features of the disorder (i.e.
cytokines in the brain causing swelling leading to cognitive dysfunction) to
be recognized. (Which is why even mild anti inflammatory agents like fish
oil improve communication skills of so many people with autism, and why
parents report that children's autistic symptoms seem to improve when their
kids are sick.)

(When Chandler was diagnosed and we had his immune system tested, viola.
hyper drive. I just thought he had rough skin. turns out it was mild eczema.
When I started him on fish oil and his rough skin turned back into baby skin
and his eye contact and verbal skills improved.)

So the reason that aluminum needs as hard a look as a vaccine component as
mercury does, is because we are learning that it also causes cell death. A
lot of cell death. In the brain.

Canadian neuroscientist Chris Shaw did not set out to shake confidence in
vaccination, but what he and his team found when testing Aluminum Hydroxide,
the form used most often in vaccines, really upset them.

"No one in my lab wants to get vaccinated," he said. "This totally creeped
us out. We weren't out there to poke holes in vaccines. But all of a sudden,
oh my God-we've got neuron death!"

Vaccines Show Sinister Side
By Pieta Woolley
Straight.com
March 23, 2006

If two dozen once-jittery mice at UBC are telling the truth postmortem, the
world's governments may soon be facing one hell of a lawsuit. New,
so-far-unpublished research led by Vancouver neuroscientist Chris Shaw shows
a link between the aluminum hydroxide used in vaccines, and symptoms
associated with Parkinson's, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS, or Lou
Gehrig's disease), and Alzheimer's.

Shaw is most surprised that the research for his paper hadn't been done
before. For 80 years, doctors have injected patients with aluminum
hydroxide, he said, an adjuvant that stimulates immune response.

"This is suspicious," he told the Georgia Straight in a phone interview from
his lab near Heather Street and West 12th Avenue. "Either this [link] is
known by industry and it was never made public, or industry was never made
to do these studies by Health Canada. I'm not sure which is scarier."

Similar adjuvants are used in the following vaccines, according to Shaw's
paper: hepatitis A and B, and the Pentacel cocktail, which vaccinates
against diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus, polio, and a type of meningitis.

To test the link theory, Shaw and his four-scientist team from UBC and
Louisiana State University injected mice with the anthrax vaccine developed
for the first Gulf War. Because Gulf War Syndrome looks a lot like ALS, Shaw
explained, the neuroscientists had a chance to isolate a possible cause. All
deployed troops were vaccinated with an aluminum hydroxide compound.
Vaccinated troops who were not deployed to the Gulf developed similar
symptoms at a similar rate, according to Shaw.

After 20 weeks studying the mice, the team found statistically significant
increases in anxiety (38 percent); memory deficits (41 times the errors as
in the sample group); and an allergic skin reaction (20 percent). Tissue
samples after the mice were "sacrificed" showed neurological cells were
dying. Inside the mice's brains, in a part that controls movement, 35
percent of the cells were destroying themselves.

"No one in my lab wants to get vaccinated," he said. "This totally creeped
us out. We weren't out there to poke holes in vaccines. But all of a sudden,
oh my God-we've got neuron death!"

At the end of the paper, Shaw warns that "whether the risk of protection
from a dreaded disease outweighs the risk of toxicity is a question that
demands our urgent attention."

He's not the only one considering that.

The charge that there's a sinister side to magic bullets isn't new. With his
pen blazing, celebrity journalist Robert F. Kennedy Jr. popularized vaccine
scepticism with his article arguing that mercury in vaccines causes autism,
which ran in the June 2005 Rolling Stone and on-line at Salon.com. So did
last year's vaccines-linked-to- autism bestseller, Evidence of Harm by David
Kirby (St. Martin's Press). But there's a potential public-health cost to
all the controversy, according to the B.C. Centre for Disease Control.

"Vaccines have been a victim of their own success," spokesperson Ian Roe
told the Straight in a telephone interview from Ottawa. Diseases such as
polio, which killed his father-in-law, are almost eradicated and therefore
no longer serve as a warning to parents. But the epidemic threat is still
real. "If everyone decided to not get vaccinated, we'd live in a very
different world."

Canada's last national immunization conference, in December 2004, heard a
report that vaccine coverage is sometimes low. For diphtheria, the Public
Health Agency of Canada found that just 75 percent of two-year-olds are
immunized; the target is 99 percent. For tetanus, just 66 percent of
17-year-olds are immunized, compared to a target of 97 percent.

Dr. Ronald Gold, the former head of the infectious-disease division at
Toronto's Hospital for Sick Children, told the conference that "we will
never be without an anti-vaccine movement," but "in reality, there is no
scientific evidence for these myths."

Can I just stop here for a second and point out that in the middle of
offering you scientific evidence for the theory that vaccines cause serious
and permanent brain damage that I AGAIN have to be faced with someone in
medical authority saying, "NO LINK"! How many studies have to find a link
before they will stop saying it, "no link"?

There are hundreds of studies, but they don't want to look at them.

I will start writing more about them.

The collective denial is staggering.

Shaw acknowledges that there's a lot of pressure on parents to vaccinate
their children. "You're considered to be a really bad parent if you don't
vaccinate," he said-and your child can't attend public school. "But I don't
think the safety of vaccines is demarcated. How does a parent make a
decision based on what's available? You can't make an intelligent decision."

Conservatively, he said, if one percent of vaccinated humans develop ALS
from vaccine adjuvants, it would still constitute a health emergency.

It's possible, he said, that there are 10,000 studies that show aluminum
hydroxide is safe for injections. But he hasn't been able to find any that
look beyond the first few weeks of injection. If anyone has a study that
shows something different, he said, please "put it on the table. That's how
you do science."

Neuroscience research is difficult, Shaw said, because symptoms can take
years to manifest, so it's hard to prove what caused the symptoms.

"To me, that calls for better testing, not blind faith."

He pointed out that George W. Bush passed legislation that opens the door
for the USA to order a nationwide anthrax immunization campaign, with the
threat of bioterrorism.

Shaw's paper is currently undergoing a peer review.

Despite the fact that Shaw announced his study in March of 2006, only three
months ago, Melinda Wharton, Deputy Director of the National Center of
Immunization and Respiratory Diseases at CDC, gave an interview to Jaye
Watson of WXIA TV in Atlanta and here is what she said about the dangers of
aluminum content:

Q. Aluminum is used in vaccines. This is a question I bring with me from
attending the conference and seeing a panel of 3 doctors or so talk about
aluminum and the amount in vaccines. One said that the aluminum exposures
for the vaccine's recommended of the 2 month visit exceed the suggested
safety limits set by the FDA. Has the CDC tested the toxicity of aluminum in
vaccines?

A. The vaccines are licensed by the FDA, and the vaccines meet FDA
standards, so no, CDC hasn't looked at that particular issue, but that is
handled by the Food and Drug Administration's part of vaccine licensing.

Q. So, that would almost be counter productive..

A. It wouldn't be licensed if it was toxic.

Because we all know that the FDA would never license something that was
harmful to people. (Thalidomide is currently an FDA approved drug? What the
hell?!)

Shaw's study completed peer review, it was published in in 1997 in
Neuromolecular Medicine:

Aluminum adjuvant linked to gulf war illness induces motor neuron death in
mice.
Neuromolecular Med. 2007;9(1):83-100.
Petrik MS, Wong MC, Tabata RC, Garry RF, Shaw CA.

Department of Ophthalmology and Program in Neuroscience, University of
British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.

Gulf War illness (GWI) affects a significant percentage of veterans of the
1991 conflict, but its origin remains unknown. Associated with some cases of
GWI are increased incidences of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and other
neurological disorders. Whereas many environmental factors have been linked
to GWI, the role of the anthrax vaccine has come under increasing scrutiny.
Among the vaccine's potentially toxic components are the adjuvants aluminum
hydroxide and squalene. To examine whether these compounds might contribute
to neuronal deficits associated with GWI, an animal model for examining the
potential neurological impact of aluminum hydroxide, squalene, or aluminum
hydroxide combined with squalene was developed. Young, male colony CD-1 mice
were injected with the adjuvants at doses equivalent to those given to US
military service personnel. All mice were subjected to a battery of motor
and cognitive-behavioral tests over a 6-mo period postinjections. Following
sacrifice, central nervous system tissues were examined using
immunohistochemistry for evidence of inflammation and cell death. Behavioral
testing showed motor deficits in the aluminum treatment group that expressed
as a progressive decrease in strength measured by the wire-mesh hang test
(final deficit at 24 wk; about 50%). Significant cognitive deficits in
water-maze learning were observed in the combined aluminum and squalene
group (4.3 errors per trial) compared with the controls (0.2 errors per
trial) after 20 wk. Apoptotic neurons were identified in aluminum-injected
animals that showed significantly increased activated caspase-3 labeling in
lumbar spinal cord (255%) and primary motor cortex (192%) compared with the
controls. Aluminum-treated groups also showed significant motor neuron loss
(35%) and increased numbers of astrocytes (350%) in the lumbar spinal cord.
The findings suggest a possible role for the aluminum adjuvant in some
neurological features associated with GWI and possibly an additional role
for the combination of adjuvants.

(One note on what Apoptosis is. It is basically when a cell self destructs.

Apoptosis is also the process that is taking place, via mitochondrial
dysfunction, when Thimerosal is administered, that came to our attention
when Dr. Jon Poling discussed the details of his daughter Hannah's case.

Hanna was the first case of an autistic child paid from the US Vaccine
Injury Compensation Fund to be made public, although details are coming to
light that she is at least the 10th such child. The other families are
currently working to make their cases known.)

So here is the questions that parents are currently beginning to ask: as
thimerosal has been in the process of removal from vaccines, have
manufacturers replaced it with higher doses of aluminum to added to make up
for the adjuvant properties lost when mercury was no longer present? How do
we know what a safe level of aluminum is for our children? Does the CDC even
care?

Old March 12th 08, 08:13 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,misc.kids,misc.headlines
Jeff

Jan Drew wrote:
http://adventuresinautism.blogspot.c...hydroxide.html

Its Not Just The Mercury: Aluminum Hydroxide In Vaccines

When parents began suspecting that their children's autism was triggered
by their vaccines, and those parents in the scientific professions began
to look at the plausibility of the vaccine/autism connection, one
ingredient jumped out at them as the most likely culprit. Mercury.
Excessive mercury. So much mercury in one typical shot (25mg)

Wow! What shots are these? Last I heard, there was no mercury in any
childhood shots, except the flu vaccine. And the vaccines that used to
have mercury had 25 micrograms of thimerasol, not 25 milligrams of
mercury (one microgram is 1/1000 of a milligram).

that
according to EPA guidelines a person must weigh 550lbs to safely process
the amount of mercury that was being injected into a child. And they
often got more than one shot at a time.

After all mercury is the most toxic substance on earth that does not set
off a geiger counter.

It has taken more than a decade, but the public and scientific community
is finally on the same page on the idea that it does not belong in
vaccines. And yet is it still in vaccines. We continue to work on the
problem.

No, mercury is not in vaccines anymore, except for the flu vaccine.

Get with the program.

Jeff

Old March 12th 08, 08:46 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,misc.kids,misc.headlines
D. C. Sessions

In message xPWBj.7404$hr3.1824@trnddc04, Jeff wrote:

Jan Drew wrote:
http://adventuresinautism.blogspot.c...hydroxide.html

Its Not Just The Mercury: Aluminum Hydroxide In Vaccines

When parents began suspecting that their children's autism was triggered
by their vaccines, and those parents in the scientific professions began
to look at the plausibility of the vaccine/autism connection, one
ingredient jumped out at them as the most likely culprit. Mercury.
Excessive mercury. So much mercury in one typical shot (25mg)

Wow! What shots are these? Last I heard, there was no mercury in any
childhood shots, except the flu vaccine. And the vaccines that used to
have mercury had 25 micrograms of thimerasol, not 25 milligrams of
mercury (one microgram is 1/1000 of a milligram).

Jan's not exactly into numbers.

that
according to EPA guidelines a person must weigh 550lbs to safely process
the amount of mercury that was being injected into a child. And they
often got more than one shot at a time.

After all mercury is the most toxic substance on earth that does not set
off a geiger counter.

Ummm, right. Let's not get into stuff like snail or botulin
toxins. Try seasoning your tuna sandwich with some enough botox
to get it up to par with the mercury and see which one they list
on your death certificate.

However, never let it be said that the anti-med crowd let any
fact checking stand in the way of hyperbolic rhetoric.

--
| The most important exclamation in science isn't "Eureka!" |
| The most important exclamation is "What the BLEEP?" |
Old March 13th 08, 06:21 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,misc.kids,misc.headlines
Jan Drew

"Jeff" wrote in message
Jan Drew wrote:
http://adventuresinautism.blogspot.c...hydroxide.html
Its Not Just The Mercury: Aluminum Hydroxide In Vaccines

When parents began suspecting that their children's autism was triggered
by their vaccines, and those parents in the scientific professions began
to look at the plausibility of the vaccine/autism connection, one
ingredient jumped out at them as the most likely culprit. Mercury.
Excessive mercury. So much mercury in one typical shot (25mg)that
according to EPA guidelines a person must weigh 550lbs to safely process
the amount of mercury that was being injected into a child. And they
often got more than one shot at a time.

Wow! What shots are these?

The ones you chopped off.

they often got more than one shot at a time.

Last I heard, there was no mercury in any
childhood shots, except the flu vaccine. And the vaccines that used to
have mercury had 25 micrograms of thimerasol, not 25 milligrams of mercury
(one microgram is 1/1000 of a milligram).

Learn to read Putz. (25mg) *thimerosal*. No wonder you are notkidsdoc.

that according to EPA guidelines a person must weigh 550lbs to safely
process the amount of mercury that was being injected into a child. And
they often got more than one shot at a time.

After all mercury is the most toxic substance on earth that does not set
off a geiger counter.

It has taken more than a decade, but the public and scientific community
is finally on the same page on the idea that it does not belong in
vaccines. And yet is it still in vaccines. We continue to work on the
problem.

No, mercury is not in vaccines anymore, except for the flu vaccine.

Yes it is.

Table 3: Thimerosal and Expanded List of Vaccines - (updated 9/6/2007)
Thimerosal Content in Currently Manufactured U.S. Licensed Vaccines

Vaccine Trade Name Manufacturer Thimerosal Concentration1 Mercury
Anthrax Anthrax vaccine BioPort Corporation 0 0
DTaP Tripedia2 Sanofi Pasteur, Inc ? 0.00012% ? 0.3 µg/0.5 mL dose
Infanrix GlaxoSmithKline Biologicals 0 0
Daptacel Sanofi Pasteur, Ltd 0 0
DTaP-HepB-IPV Pediarix GlaxoSmithKline Biologicals 0 0
DT No Trade Name Sanofi Pasteur, Inc 0.00012% (single dose) 0.3 µg/0.5mL
dose
Sanofi Pasteur, Ltd3 0.01% 25 µg/0.5 mL dose
Td No Trade Name Mass Public Health 0.0033% 8.3 µg/0.5 mL dose
Decavac Sanofi Pasteur, Inc ? 0.00012% ? 0.3 µg mercury/0.5 ml dose
No Trade Name Sanofi Pasteur, Ltd 0 0
Tdap Adacel Sanofi Pasteur, Ltd 0 0
Boostrix GlaxoSmithKline Biologicals 0 0
TT No Trade Name Sanofi Pasteur, Inc 0.01% 25 µg/0.5 mL dose
Hib ActHIB/OmniHIB4 Sanofi Pasteur, SA 0 0
HibTITER Wyeth Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 0 0
PedvaxHIB liquid Merck & Co, Inc 0 0
Hib/HepB COMVAX5 Merck & Co, Inc 0 0
Hepatitis B Engerix-B
Pediatric/adolescent
Adult
GlaxoSmithKline Biologicals
0.0002%
0.0002%

0.5 µg/0.5 mL dose
1µg/1 ml dose

Recombivax HB
Pediatric/adolescent

Adult (adolescent)

Dialysis
Merck & Co, Inc
0

0

0

0

0

0

Hepatitis A Havrix GlaxoSmithKline Biologicals 0 0
Vaqta Merck & Co, Inc 0 0
HepA/HepB Twinrix GlaxoSmithKline Biologicals 0.0002% 1 µg/1mL dose
IPV IPOL Sanofi Pasteur, SA 0 0
Poliovax Sanofi Pasteur, Ltd 0 0
Influenza Fluzone6 Sanofi Pasteur, Inc 0.01% 25 µg/0.5 mL dose
Fluvirin Novartis Vaccines and Diagnostics Ltd 0.01% 25 µg/0.5 ml dose
Fluzone (no thimerosal) Sanofi Pasteur, Inc 0 0
Fluvirin (Preservative Free) Novartis Vaccines and Diagnostics Ltd 0.0004%
1 µg/0.5 mL dose
Fluarix GlaxoSmithKline Biologicals 0.0004% 1 µg/0.5 ml dose
FluLaval ID Biomedical Corporation of Quebec 0.01% 25 µg/0.5 ml dose
Influenza, live FluMist MedImmune Vaccines, Inc 0 0
Japanese Encephalitis7 JE-VAX Research Foundation for Microbial Diseases of
Osaka University 0.007% 35 µg/1.0mL dose
17.5 µg/0.5 mL dose
MMR MMR-II Merck & Co, Inc 0 0
Meningococcal Menomune A, C, AC and A/C/Y/W-135 Sanofi Pasteur, Inc 0.01%
(multidose)
0 (single dose) 25 µg/0.5 dose
0
Menactra A, C, Y and W-135 Sanofi Pasteur, Inc 0 0
Pneumococcal Prevnar (Pneumo Conjugate) Wyeth Pharmaceuticals Inc 0 0
Pneumovax 23 Merck & Co, Inc 0 0
Rabies IMOVAX Sanofi Pasteur, SA 0 0
Rabavert Novartis Vaccines and Diagnostics 0 0
Smallpox (Vaccinia), Live ACAM2000 Acambis, Inc. 0 0
Typhoid Fever Typhim Vi Sanofi Pasteur, SA 0 0
Vivotif Berna Biotech, Ltd 0 0
Varicella Varivax Merck & Co, Inc 0 0
Yellow Fever Y-F-Vax Sanofi Pasteur, Inc 0 0
Table Footnotes
Thimerosal is approximately 50% mercury (Hg) by weight. A 0.01% solution (1
part per 10,000) of thimerosal contains 50 µg of Hg per 1 ml dose or 25 µg
of Hg per 0.5 ml dose.
Sanofi Pasteur's Tripedia may be used to reconstitute ActHib to form
TriHIBit. TriHIBit is indicated for use in children 15 to 18 months of age.
This vaccine is not marketed in the US.
OmniHIB is manufactured by Sanofi Pasteur but distributed by
GlaxoSmithKline.
COMVAX is not licensed for use under 6 weeks of age because of decreased
response to the Hib component.
Children under 3 years of age receive a half-dose of vaccine, i.e., 0.25 mL
(12.5 µg mercury/dose.)
JE-VAX is distributed by Aventis Pasteur. Children 1 to 3 years of age
receive a half-dose of vaccine, i.e., 0.5 mL (17.5 µg mercury/dose).

Get with the program.

Jeff

Good advice for yourself. Then please stop lying, Putz.

Old March 13th 08, 06:33 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,misc.kids,misc.headlines
Jan Drew

news

Jan Drew wrote:
http://adventuresinautism.blogspot.c...hydroxide.html

Its Not Just The Mercury: Aluminum Hydroxide In Vaccines

When parents began suspecting that their children's autism was triggered
by their vaccines, and those parents in the scientific professions began
to look at the plausibility of the vaccine/autism connection, one
ingredient jumped out at them as the most likely culprit. Mercury.
Excessive mercury. So much mercury in one typical shot (25mg)

Wow! What shots are these? Last I heard, there was no mercury in any
childhood shots, except the flu vaccine. And the vaccines that used to
have mercury had 25 micrograms of thimerasol, not 25 milligrams of
mercury (one microgram is 1/1000 of a milligram).

Jan

Is not the subject.