Update - nursing and pregnant

Old August 24th 06, 08:06 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy
Amy Austin

Default Update - nursing and pregnant

Well, you all were right (as usual), it's getting easier.

I think I'm right around 8 weeks, and nursing isn't nearly as bad as it
was when I posted about it before. I still catch my breath when she
latches on, but after that it's comfortable, as it was before. Thank
God! She's teething AGAIN (she's one, and has 10 teeth, this will make
11 and 12, for Pete's sake...), and so she's been wanting to comfort
nurse a lot. I can stand it.

I've been having a little bleeding, but I had it at this point in my
pregnancy with DD, too, so I'm trying not to freak out. It seems to be
going away, and only lasted about 24 hours. Nothing like a little
abnormal bleeding to make you really sure that you want the baby you're
carrying!

I wonder what's going on in there at 7/8 weeks that would cause me to
spot during both pregnancies? It's not implantation - I'm pretty sure
I had implantation bleeding around August 1. Last time they put me on
"pelvic rest" for a couple of weeks, until my ultrasound. This time, I
didn't even call, because I know that there's nothing they can do if I
am miscarrying, and I can put myself on pelvic rest! In general, I'm a
lot more relaxed about this pregnancy, which is nice. It's a lot
easier to not freak right out at every little thing.

Sometimes I think I can already feel the baby move, which is insane.
It's, what, the size of a lima bean? I know they say you feel it
earlier with the second, because you know what a moving baby feels
like, but I don't think they mean this early! I'm also getting big
faster - I'm already starting to pooch. I can't wait to really feel it
move, I've missed that since DD was born.

That's all that's going on here... Thanks again for all the
help/support!
Amy

Old August 24th 06, 11:04 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers

Sometimes I think I can already feel the baby move, which is insane.
It's, what, the size of a lima bean? I know they say you feel it
earlier with the second, because you know what a moving baby feels
like, but I don't think they mean this early! I'm also getting big
faster - I'm already starting to pooch. I can't wait to really feel it
move, I've missed that since DD was born.

I thought the same with number 2, it felt like there was an insect trapped
behind my pubic bone, I'm not sure though whether that was really what it
was, I then went on to develop severe SPD, so I wonder if it was an early
sign of that, but I've not had a feeling like that since so it's hard to be
sure. I actually felt distinct kicks later, but then discovered I had an
anterior placenta, so not surprising really, it was only a few days later
(it was easy to tell as both were due 14th June, and with the first I felt
the first movement on new years eve, so memorable dates, even though I'd
have to count to work out how many weeks that was!)

Anne

Old August 25th 06, 08:21 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy
Chookie

In article .com,
"Amy Austin" wrote:

Sometimes I think I can already feel the baby move, which is insane.

I did too with No. 2 at the same time, just for a few days, and only in a
particularly contorted sleeping position. After that I stopped being able to
feel it until the usual time.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue
Old August 26th 06, 04:45 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy
arachne

Amy Austin wrote:

Sometimes I think I can already feel the baby move, which is insane.
It's, what, the size of a lima bean? I know they say you feel it
earlier with the second, because you know what a moving baby feels
like, but I don't think they mean this early! I'm also getting big
faster - I'm already starting to pooch. I can't wait to really feel it
move, I've missed that since DD was born.

i remember that i started to feel DS2 at about 9 weeks. but i didn't
tell anybody as i thought that was way too early.

i hadn't felt DS1 move until about 19 weeks.

--
elizabeth (in australia)
mum to DS1 "cheese" (4 yrs - just!) & DS2 "chalk" (11 mths today)

"Dog for sale: eats anything and is fond of children" - Classified Ad

"If you're ever in doubt, throw a pepper in the air. If it fails to come
down, you have gone mad, so don't trust in anything." - Gregory Maguire,
"Mirror Mirror"
Old August 26th 06, 04:41 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy
sharalyns

Amy Austin wrote:
Sometimes I think I can already feel the baby move, which is insane.
It's, what, the size of a lima bean? I know they say you feel it
earlier with the second, because you know what a moving baby feels
like, but I don't think they mean this early! I'm also getting big
faster - I'm already starting to pooch. I can't wait to really feel it
move, I've missed that since DD was born.

Hey--if I can feel baby #1 move at 13 weeks, it doesn't seem out of the
realm of possibility for a second time (or more) mom to feel baby at
8-9 weeks if placenta and everything are positioned just so and baby is
fairly active. :-)

Sharalyn
mom to Alexander James (9/21/01)

Old August 29th 06, 08:29 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy
Sarahlisa

Hi Amy!
I was so happy to see your post because I felt too silly to
mention it to anyone, but I too am feeling my baby move at 8 weeks! I
know it is impossible, but this is my second pregnancy and I know what
is baby and what is gas!
You would not believe the other similarities between us. I am
nursing my DD too and the breastfeeding has been painful, although it
seems to be getting better as the nausea gets worse. I have had some
pink spotting the last few days as well, and get this... I had
implantation bleeding on August 1st!
Anyway, I hope it doesn't weird you out that you have a Twinkie out
there . Maybe we are having twins? I recently read that you are much
more likely to have twins if you get pregnant while breastfeeding and
supposedly you feel twins earlier.
Thank you for listening to my rant,
Sarah

Old September 5th 06, 04:14 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy
Amy Austin

Sarahlisa wrote:
Hi Amy!
I was so happy to see your post because I felt too silly to
mention it to anyone, but I too am feeling my baby move at 8 weeks! I
know it is impossible, but this is my second pregnancy and I know what
is baby and what is gas!

I'm glad it's not just me!!

You would not believe the other similarities between us. I am
nursing my DD too and the breastfeeding has been painful, although it
seems to be getting better as the nausea gets worse. I have had some
pink spotting the last few days as well, and get this... I had
implantation bleeding on August 1st!

Wow. Wouldn't it be a hoot if we delivered the same day?

Anyway, I hope it doesn't weird you out that you have a Twinkie out
there . Maybe we are having twins?

Bite your tongue! I would lose my mind with three kids under 2!!!

I recently read that you are much
more likely to have twins if you get pregnant while breastfeeding and
supposedly you feel twins earlier.
Thank you for listening to my rant,

Oh, you didn't rant. It's nice to have an implantation buddy!
Hahaha...

After bleeding from Thursday until Monday (and beyond) I called the
doctor Monday (last week) to talk about what was going on (migraine,
spotting, etc.). Turns out that I have a low-lying placenta right now,
but the U/S tech said that it was in a good position to move up because
of the way it's attached. That's what's causing my spotting. I'm on
pelvic rest (yay) and I'm supposed to take it easy. That's not easy to
do with a 1 year old, but I'm doing the best I can.

I'm not sure how the doctor is going to proceed, knowing that I have
this issue. I meet with him tomorrow to discuss things. I sure hope
that they do an extra ultrasound - I don't want to be on pelvic rest
for 11 weeks, until the anatomy scan at 20 weeks, if I don't have to
be.

It was a relief to know what's causing the spotting, and to know that
it gets better all by itself 90% of the time. I'll keep my fingers
crossed that my "Twinkie" doesn't have the same problem!

Amy

Old September 5th 06, 04:34 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy
Melania

Amy Austin wrote:
Well, you all were right (as usual), it's getting easier.

I think I'm right around 8 weeks, and nursing isn't nearly as bad as it
was when I posted about it before. I still catch my breath when she
latches on, but after that it's comfortable, as it was before. Thank
God! She's teething AGAIN (she's one, and has 10 teeth, this will make
11 and 12, for Pete's sake...), and so she's been wanting to comfort
nurse a lot. I can stand it.

Wow!!! Yay!!! (sorry, I'm so infrequent here that I totally missed the
initial post).

I've been having a little bleeding, but I had it at this point in my
pregnancy with DD, too, so I'm trying not to freak out. It seems to be
going away, and only lasted about 24 hours. Nothing like a little
abnormal bleeding to make you really sure that you want the baby you're
carrying!

I had it too, with DS1 and with my preg with DS2.

I wonder what's going on in there at 7/8 weeks that would cause me to
spot during both pregnancies?

I asked myself the same question.

snip

Many good, comfy, happy baby vibes coming your way (from Peru!),
Melania

Old September 5th 06, 10:43 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy
[email protected]

In misc.kids.breastfeeding Amy Austin wrote:

: Bite your tongue! I would lose my mind with three kids under 2!!!

Hold it! What's to lose?

;-)
Larry