owie

Old August 30th 06, 07:56 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Anne Rogers

Default owie

so I was all ready to pump first thing this morning, I woke up with my right
breast feeling achy, which seems to be just a case of it being fuller than
it has been for a while, Ada fed, which reduced that feeling slightly, then
it was pump time, which got me same as yesterday less than an ounce between
breasts! Also my right nipple is swollen and tender, which is always how it
responded to pumps, I started out with inverted nipples, that popped out
easily. with the suction from a pump my nipples end up being drawn from the
horns, right down the tubes and for whatever reason my right nipple dislikes
this significantly more than my left!

I think what I need to do is let this calm down, but then before feeding Ada
again have a good bash at hand expressing, which may well be in the bath.

Another thing to consider is pumping whilst Ada is feeding, which is going
to be very hard, she's wriggly at the best of times!

I have some domperidone, resulting from a bout of nausea a while back, so in
a few days I may try taking that, to see if I can up my supply enough so
it's just impossible for the milk not to come out when a pump and then allow
that to kick start things.

Nathanael goes to the hospital on the 7th, I won't discuss this then as I
don't want them to think I'm insane, but I will listen carefully and if they
express concern for him getting sick then I will redouble efforts, which I
suppose may include hiring a hospital grade pump, but if we're going to do
that it's going to have to wait until October when we arrive in Seattle.

Cheers

Anne