Inconsiderate drivers and kids who walk to school

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 30th 05, 01:52 AM
Hillary Israeli

In ,
Kevin Karplus wrote:

*This would require giving up a little of the playing field (which I'm
*only guessing that the school owns) and I have no idea where the money
*for the driveway would come from. There may also be NIMBYism from the
*people who live on the side street.

While I have no doubt that the money could be sucked from the parents if
the parents were convinced this was a good idea, I have grave doubts that
the school would be able to get the required property rights to put in a
driveway. That street we're talking about having the new driveway open
onto, it's lined with private residences - private residences owned by
people with deep, deep pockets.

-h.

--
Hillary Israeli, VMD