How many no-spanks have pushed their kids to become schoolteachers?

Old May 11th 06, 11:39 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Default children of "no-spanks" not becoming schoolteachers

This has very little to do with the content of my post, which you
conveniently cut. Easier that way, but I'll play your game.

wrote:
weeeeeeell, now, that's still a couple of goose eggs for replacement
isn't it...........nothing's changed there, has
it................

We'll see.
soooooooooo, who picks the textbooks for the classes
you teach

A licensure committee, with my input.

...........who determines the content of your
lectures..................

The text, the program, and the course determines the content of my lectures.

who makes out the exams you
give...............

I write lectures based on the course content.

who decides what grades are given to students in
your classes...........

I do, and when there is an issue, students have recourse through grievance.

who has the final say in who moves on and who
doesn't................

The student.

how does the above compare with teaching in
today's public school classroom..............which states require
teachers to paddle students

No states require paddling. Some allow and even encourage the practice.

..............if a teacher can handle
classroom discipline and cannot paddle on her own, why should any
discipline problem make it to the office

Are you talking about paddling? Or going to the office? And did I ever
say that every teacher can, or even should, handle all discipline
problems alone?

.................do you only
graduate students who agree to never paddle students

We graduate students who complete the course requirements. Agreeing not
to paddle is not a requirement for graduation. However, students do
receive grades in individual courses based on the coherence and research
evidence of their argument. Students take many courses, and I've yet to
know a student who didn't graduate because he/she believed in paddling.

............trust
me, i don't hang on your every word..........you're ignored usually
because you don't seem to have anything important to say............

If I have nothing important to say, why reply to my posts?

LaVonne

Old May 11th 06, 11:50 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Default How many no-spanks have pushed their kids to become schoolteachers?

James,

Your wife sounds like most teachers I know. She sounds like me when I
taught children. She still sounds like me, even though I now teach
adults how to be teachers. I cannot understand the people who think
tudents do not choose teaching because they can't hit the children. Or
who think teachers are rich individuals who teach because they are lazy
or dumb. It's bizarre but not uncommon in 2006.

You described teaching for what it is. It's a hard job, but one of the
most rewarding jobs if you love children and teaching. I miss teaching
children every day, even though I now teach at a university that
prepares students to be teachers. I hope my passion for teaching will
be passed on to my students. And when I see this happen, it makes my
career change worthwhile!

LaVonne

wrote:

In Massachusetts, teachers are paid on the same wage scale as the
janitors. This dispite teachers having advanced degrees, have
continuing education requirements, and have to work long hours. My wife
is a teacher. She teaches students from 8:15 to 3:15 and then grades
and prepares from 3:15 to around 11:00, 5 days a week. Weekends, she
spends about 8 hours preparing and grading. She also spends several
thousand dollars a year on class materials. All this for barely a
livable wage which declines every year (as it does not keep up with
inflation).

I'm not surprised that most teachers leave the industry and move into a
field that America values.
------------------------
http://www.cafepress.com/bush_dogger...29?pid=2794571

Old May 12th 06, 12:34 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Are you teaching teaching LaVonne?
Or are you pushing a political agenda?

A university Med School recently got in
some hot water here for pushing liberal politics
and applying that as a bias in rating students.

Professors pushing political agendas are getting
in trouble across the US. Are you next?

Do you have a Doctorate, LaVonne?

Old May 12th 06, 02:59 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Greegor wrote:
Are you teaching teaching LaVonne?

She's posted that recently and many times before. Are you simply harassing?

Or are you pushing a political agenda?

Everyone "pushes" and agenda, and we can call it political if it impacts
society. As a teacher of teachers it would be hard to NOT be influencing
teachers along an "agenda" of how to teach. A very political act indeed,
when you consider it impacts nearly every member of society before they
are adults.

I WANT her to have a political agenda, as a teacher of teachers. It
needs to be about drawing the best from them to learn to draw the best
from children. And a safe environment is the most conducive to learning.

A university Med School recently got in
some hot water here for pushing liberal politics
and applying that as a bias in rating students.

Does LaVonne look like a med school?

Professors pushing political agendas are getting
in trouble across the US. Are you next?

Don't you wish, little man. Anything to promote your abusive attitude
toward children.

Do you have a Doctorate, LaVonne?

She has posted many times that she has. You just harassing again?

Do YOU have a doctorate? In BA or BS or a Masters?

Do YOU have an agenda she would need to be concerned about?

Is it reflected in these questions and barely veiled threats?
"Are you next?" indeed. How blatantly threating can you be?

0:-

Old May 12th 06, 04:33 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Default crappy professors push pet agendas

that line of crap about the student determining the grade is typical
for professors who use a highly subjective grading
scheme..............crappy professors push pet agendas as the zenith of
knowledge and grade accordingly...............you probably get a good
idea of her teaching style in her posts...............

gregory wrote about professors getting into trouble for being
liberal............

Old May 12th 06, 04:37 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

teaching is so rewarding that half of all teachers leave in the first
five years and no one here seems to have encouraged their child to
enter the classroom................

Old May 12th 06, 10:54 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Greegor wrote:
Are you teaching teaching LaVonne?
Or are you pushing a political agenda?

I am teaching what research has shown to be best practices. In doing
that, I am complying with many sets of standards that are required by
state for accountability.

A university Med School recently got in
some hot water here for pushing liberal politics
and applying that as a bias in rating students.

I have no information on this "Med School." I have not way to give an
informed comment.

Professors pushing political agendas are getting
in trouble across the US. Are you next?

Not as long as practice research-based teaching, which I do.

Do you have a Doctorate, LaVonne?

Yes.

LaVonne

Old May 12th 06, 11:01 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

0:- wrote:

Greegor wrote:

Are you teaching teaching LaVonne?

She's posted that recently and many times before. Are you simply harassing?

Harassing, I suspect.

Or are you pushing a political agenda?

Everyone "pushes" and agenda, and we can call it political if it impacts
society. As a teacher of teachers it would be hard to NOT be influencing
teachers along an "agenda" of how to teach. A very political act indeed,
when you consider it impacts nearly every member of society before they
are adults.

I WANT her to have a political agenda, as a teacher of teachers. It
needs to be about drawing the best from them to learn to draw the best
from children. And a safe environment is the most conducive to learning.

This, however, is not a political agenda. This is teaching best
practices that is solidly grounded in research. And research clearly
demonstrates what you say in your above paragraph.

A university Med School recently got in
some hot water here for pushing liberal politics
and applying that as a bias in rating students.

Does LaVonne look like a med school?

Who knows? No one has ever seen me (grin)!

Do you have a Doctorate, LaVonne?

She has posted many times that she has. You just harassing again?

Of course I have a doctorate, and I have posted this many times. I'd
vote for "harassing again."

Do YOU have a doctorate? In BA or BS or a Masters?

What about it opinions -- can you answer this question?

Do YOU have an agenda she would need to be concerned about?

I'm concerned about hitting and hurting children in the name or
discipline and in the name of teaching. Do you think opinions may have
this political agenda?

Is it reflected in these questions and barely veiled threats?
"Are you next?" indeed. How blatantly threating can you be?

Oh, I've lived through threats far more blatant that observer's (grin)!
He practices projection -- advance one's political view with no
substantive research, and then accuse everyone else of his behavior.

LaVonne

0:-

Old May 12th 06, 11:06 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Default Who crappy professors push pet agendas

What professor do you know that does subjective grading, and allows the
students to determine their grade?

If you are referring to me, this is so absurd.

LaVonne