The Baby Inside

Old January 28th 04, 08:21 AM
Jamie Clark

Default The Baby Inside

"Mary S." wrote in message

I love & wait for every little movement/kick. It feels so right, I
don't want to go back to having a 'boring belly'. It's far more
interesting to have a special belly that can do tricks

How do other girls feel about the loss of the magic belly ?

I remember feeling *empty* inside, during the first few days after
giving birth. Like I was hollow. It was a very weird feeling.

Mary S.
mom to the Sproutkin, 22 months
and a new wee babysprout, due October 1

I haven't wanted to be a total downer on this thread, but have been reading
it and remembering my pregnancy wtih Nathan. I only got to 24 weeks, and in
that last 4 weeks he began to kick like a madman. It was magical, and so
sad, because it was supposed to be such a happy time. Then, after I'd given
birth to him, I too, felt empty and hollow. I still had some fantom kicks
and tickles, and was constantly touching my belly, in hopes that it was all
a mistake, and he was still in there. And I didn't have a beautiful little
baby to distract and engage me.

It's coming up on 6 years since we lost Nathan, and I'll always miss the
magic belly. It was such a blessing that I had it at all, and part of me is
still bummed that I'll likely not have it again.
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys --
www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clark_guest,
Password: Guest1
Password

Handmade Baby Blankets -- www.geocities.com/digit_the_cat/Blankets.html

Old January 28th 04, 01:52 PM
Mary S.

Jamie Clark wrote:

It's coming up on 6 years since we lost Nathan, and I'll always miss the
magic belly. It was such a blessing that I had it at all, and part of me is
still bummed that I'll likely not have it again.

I can't even imagine going through something like that. (((((Jamie)))))

Old January 29th 04, 09:26 AM
H Schinske

Mary S. wrote:

I remember feeling *empty* inside, during the first few days after
giving birth. Like I was hollow. It was a very weird feeling.

Oh, I liked that feeling. I thought it was wonderful to be so at peace after
all the tumult of labor.

--Helen
Old January 30th 04, 10:19 PM
Jamie Clark

"melbgal1" wrote in message
says...

I haven't wanted to be a total downer on this thread, but have been

reading
it and remembering my pregnancy with Nathan. I only got to 24 weeks,

and in
that last 4 weeks he began to kick like a madman. It was magical, and

so
sad, because it was supposed to be such a happy time. Then, after I'd

given
birth to him, I too, felt empty and hollow. I still had some phantom

kicks
and tickles, and was constantly touching my belly, in hopes that it was

all
a mistake, and he was still in there. And I didn't have a beautiful

little
baby to distract and engage me.

It's coming up on 6 years since we lost Nathan, and I'll always miss the
magic belly. It was such a blessing that I had it at all, and part of

me is
still bummed that I'll likely not have it again.

That's a very sad story, Jamie
Was Nathan a stillborn ?

I hope you are blessed again with the magic belly.
Take care.

Sort of. We found out at our 18 week u/s that Nathan was developing with a
giant omphalocele -- the majority of his internal organs were in a pouch
outside his abdomen. We had an amnio to see if his chromosomes were normal,
and went for a detailed echocardiogram, to see how his heart was doing. His
heart wasn't as strong as they would have liked, but his chromosomes were
normal. We continued with testing, u/s, and talking to various pediatric
surgeons, and finally made the tough choice to end the pregnancy. The more
we looked into his condition, the more small problems we found (fluid on the
heart and lungs, twisted spine, etc), until it just became clear (for us)
that he wouldn't likely survive to term. I went through labor and delivery
a week or so later, at about 23w4d, and Nathan was born still.

Since losing Nathan, I've had 5-6 chemical pregnancies, and 2 blighted
ovums, plus a donor egg IVF (one of the blighted ovums) and a failed IVF.
Apparently I've got an immunity issue that prevents me from staying
pregnant. I'm sort of done with the whole ttc thing, and have moved on to
adoption as the way to build my family. So unless I have an oops that goes
well past the heartbeat phase, the chances of me having another magic belly
moment are slim to none!

Thanks for your compassion and asking about it.

Old January 31st 04, 01:09 AM
melbgal1

says...

[...]

that's ok, I was worried I might upset you to talk about it, so i'm glad
you did.

After reading that, i'm sure you have the support, care and love from
this whole forum - a terrible thing to have happened. Adoption is such
a giving and all-encompassing love - I wish you luck with it, and hope
to hear of your success.

Lea

--
Baby, I can't wait to meet you !
EDD: 10-Apr-2004
Old January 31st 04, 01:13 AM
Kat

"melbgal1" wrote in message
[...]

I too am very sad for your loss and that you went through such a horrible
experience. Hope your adoption experience is one filled with joy and
success!!
Kat
Mama to Maggie 11/03/01
and #2 EDD 02/01/04