1 yesterday

Old June 11th 06, 05:35 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default 1 yesterday

I can't believe it, Ada was 1 yesterday, for a 2nd child it's been a
surprisingly difficult experience of breastfeeding, with stubborn thrush,
then the bizarre experience of a swollen nipple that then turned black and
numerous other things!

But we are there and now breastfeeding is just something we do and causes no
problems at all. Thankfully she sleeps through the night, if not, I might
have been saying somethng different! In general she nurses 2-3 times a day,
but I can see that becoming more in the hot weather as it's the most
efficient way to consume liquid.

I breastfed her big brother until I was pregnant with her, 17ish months,
when literally my milk vanished. This time there are going to be no
pregnancies to get in the way of anything and I strongly feel that I should
feed her through next winter, particularly as we are moving in the autumn, I
want to be feeding her then from the comfort point of view, but after than
because of the antibodies when the rest of us are likely to be exposed to
new bugs. That will take us to 20ish months, but who knows how many times a
day it will be then? I expect that is the point at which we'll have an idea
how much longer it will go on, but even so, right now I have no feeling that
it must be stopped after next winter, so I've no worries anyway.

Cheers

Anne

Old June 11th 06, 11:31 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Anne Rogers wrote:
[...]

Happy Birthday Ada!

You have done well to overcome the breastfeeding issues you had,
especially that weird swollen/black nipple thing, never heard of that
kind of problem.

You never know how long your breastfeeding relationship is going to
last. I had hoped to breastfeed my youngest and last child till around
age three. She had other ideas and is intent on growing up fast. She
stopped at 26 months. Now, at 29 months when she is really tired she
will try to get to the breast and will have a suck for about 1 sec and
pop off again, but she is not even latching on properly anymore.

I miss having a nursling.

I hope your breastfeeding relationship continues for as long as you
enjoy it!

Larissa
Mum to
DD feb 99
DS mar 01
DD2 dec 03

Old June 13th 06, 08:52 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Happy Birthday Ada! How time flies. You have done great to struggle
through all the problems you've had. Are you off anywhere as exotic as
Korea this time?

Jeni

Old June 13th 06, 01:24 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

wrote in message
Happy Birthday Ada! How time flies. You have done great to struggle
through all the problems you've had. Are you off anywhere as exotic as
Korea this time?

depends how exotic you thing Seattle is!

Anne

Old June 13th 06, 01:25 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

You have done well to overcome the breastfeeding issues you had,
especially that weird swollen/black nipple thing, never heard of that
kind of problem.

Thanks Larissa, we're fairly sure that it was a blood clot, but it was only
my stubborness that meant we got through it as there was no treatment.

Anne

Old June 13th 06, 03:27 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Anne Rogers wrote:
wrote in message
Happy Birthday Ada! How time flies. You have done great to struggle
through all the problems you've had. Are you off anywhere as exotic as
Korea this time?

depends how exotic you thing Seattle is!

I think anywhere in America is fascinating. Sadly I have only ever been
to Florida as a kid. I do love herseys kisses though. It was one
advantage to getting to know an American airman in my youth - he got me
some from their version of the naafi. Yum!

Jeni

Old June 13th 06, 04:31 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
I can't believe it, Ada was 1 yesterday, for a 2nd child it's been a
surprisingly difficult experience of breastfeeding, with stubborn thrush,
then the bizarre experience of a swollen nipple that then turned black and
numerous other things!

But we are there and now breastfeeding is just something we do and causes
no problems at all. Thankfully she sleeps through the night, if not, I
might have been saying somethng different! In general she nurses 2-3 times
a day, but I can see that becoming more in the hot weather as it's the
most efficient way to consume liquid.

I breastfed her big brother until I was pregnant with her, 17ish months,
when literally my milk vanished. This time there are going to be no
pregnancies to get in the way of anything and I strongly feel that I
should feed her through next winter,

Wow, I'm glad things are finally going well for you and congrats on making
it to the one year mark! Happy belated birthday to Ada!

--
Nikki, mama to
Hunter 4/99

Old June 14th 06, 01:45 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

I think anywhere in America is fascinating. Sadly I have only ever been
to Florida as a kid. I do love herseys kisses though. It was one
advantage to getting to know an American airman in my youth - he got me
some from their version of the naafi. Yum!

you know you can get them at Seoul Plaza on Mill Road, it's just on the town
side of the railway bridge that isn't far from you at all is it?

Anne

Old June 15th 06, 05:28 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Hi, Anne...
Happy Belated Birthday to your beloved little girl!

You wouldn't believe how time flies and she suddenly turns 1...

By the way, it's good to hear how you conquer the problems and how she
sleeps through the night.

My little boy (almost 14 mos), wakes up several times throughout the
night looking for my boobs . Sometimes it's tiring, but I have this
indescribable feeling when we attach to each other through nursing.

Good luck on your effort too, dear..

Hugs,
- aurora -
http://aurora.insparenting.com

Old June 15th 06, 10:59 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Wow, I'm glad things are finally going well for you and congrats on making
it to the one year mark! Happy belated birthday to Ada!

that made me laugh! in an ironic way though, breastfeeding is about the only
thing that is going well, I still have bad SPD and probably due to that and
the corresponding reduced muscle strength, I have injured my hip badly.
Right now, I'm coping very badly, I think I'd be feeling better if I new I
was getting decent medical treatment and I was sure that my condition was
bad luck and I'd have to deal with it, whereas right now I'm feeling
untreated and as if things could be a whole lot better.

Anne

Good appointment yesterday Joybelle Pregnancy 12 September 27th 05 11:30 PM
Took test yesterday Kazh Pregnancy 12 September 30th 04 03:39 PM
A proposed soda/junk food ban passed NYS Assembly yesterday 139-5! Maurice Kids Health 1 June 6th 04 04:57 AM
35 Week midwife appointment yesterday... Jill Pregnancy 6 April 14th 04 11:36 AM