morning sickness question

Old October 24th 03, 05:00 AM
alissa

Default morning sickness question

I read in a book that morning sickness is ususally worse with the first
pregnancy. Or does the sex of the baby have any influence. A friend of mine
had horrid morning sicckness with her girl but much less with both boys.
I was really really sick 24/7 with my DD but now this time while I am
nauseas most of the time it is much less severe. Or is it a matter of luck?
Alissa
DD 18mths
edd 15 june 2004

Old October 24th 03, 05:26 AM
jjmoreta

alissa wrote:
I read in a book that morning sickness is ususally worse with the
first pregnancy. Or does the sex of the baby have any influence. A
friend of mine had horrid morning sicckness with her girl but much
less with both boys.
I was really really sick 24/7 with my DD but now this time while I am
nauseas most of the time it is much less severe. Or is it a matter of
luck? Alissa
DD 18mths
edd 15 june 2004

Morning sickness is one of the pregnancy symptoms that differs from woman to
woman and pregnancy to pregnancy. I doubt that it is necessarily worse with
the first pregnancy - only that first-time mothers aren't used to dealing
with it. Gender also has nothing to do with it. I guess luck comes closer
than anything else to describing the differences. LOL

- Joanne
#1 - 37w2d

Old October 24th 03, 11:19 AM
Cheryl

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 14:00:17 +1000, "alissa"
wrote:

I read in a book that morning sickness is ususally worse with the first
pregnancy. Or does the sex of the baby have any influence. A friend of mine
had horrid morning sicckness with her girl but much less with both boys.
I was really really sick 24/7 with my DD but now this time while I am
nauseas most of the time it is much less severe. Or is it a matter of luck?

I think it's partly luck. I have three near neighbours who were all
hospitalised with dehydration due to vomiting, two in their second
pregnancy and one in the first pregnancy. My sister was hospitalised
with dehydration during her first pregnancy but not with her second
and both babies are girls. In my case I was more nauseous with my
second and third pregnancies because I knew I wasn't drinking enough
water (water made me feel sick and I couldn't drink enough of anything
sweeter) while with my first pregnancy I was quite easily drinking
about 3 litres of water a day.

--
Cheryl
Mum to DS#1 (11 Mar 99), DS#2 (4 Oct 00)
Old October 24th 03, 01:31 PM
Ericka Kammerer

jjmoreta wrote:

Morning sickness is one of the pregnancy symptoms that differs from woman to
woman and pregnancy to pregnancy. I doubt that it is necessarily worse with
the first pregnancy - only that first-time mothers aren't used to dealing
with it. Gender also has nothing to do with it.

Actually, at least one study showed a slightly
increased likelihood of a girl in pregnancies where
morning sickness was bad enough to require hospitalization.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old October 24th 03, 04:48 PM
Kari

I was mildly sick for a few weeks with #1 (girl), not at all with #2 (boy)
and really sick for the first 3 months with #3 (boy) So, I'd say its a
matter of luck

Kari
mom to Kaylie (7) Noah (4) and Xander (3 weeks)

Old October 26th 03, 09:04 PM
Welches

alissa wrote in message
I read in a book that morning sickness is ususally worse with the first
pregnancy. Or does the sex of the baby have any influence. A friend of

mine
had horrid morning sicckness with her girl but much less with both boys.
I was really really sick 24/7 with my DD but now this time while I am
nauseas most of the time it is much less severe. Or is it a matter of

luck?
Alissa
DD 18mths
edd 15 june 2004

With dd#1 I was sick 24/7 from about 10 dpo until week 26. I was sick about
once a day with occasional bad days, when I was sick more in that time.
After that it was a case of bad days and good days, but I did feel
completely better soon.
With dd#2 I was sick 24/7 from about the same point until week 20. However I
definitely started feeling better at week 12. I had bad days though right
the way up to the end and was sick on some days several times, and I never
felt totally better until she was born. I actually did get slightly worse
from about week 34, but not really bad again.

My mum said each pregnancy was better, although she was not very bad with
any of us. For info. she had 2 girls followed by a boy.

Debbie

Kids should work... bobb General 108 December 15th 03 03:23 PM
And again he strikes........ Doan strikes ...... again! was Kids should work... Kane General 2 December 6th 03 03:28 AM
Morning sickness relief Ilse Witch Pregnancy 3 October 6th 03 09:48 PM