new person intro :)

Old May 25th 04, 07:43 PM
Jane Thorpe

Default new person intro :)

Hi all,

The only newsgroup I normally read is the scrapbooking one but I just
found out that after almost 2 years of trying, we are expecting #5 we
are so pleased and I have spent this morning looking for people due around
the same time. Anyway - my cycle is so all over the place that I THINK I am
due around February 7th 2005.

I have 4 children so far - ages 11, 9, 6 and 2. Two boys and two girls

I look forward to getting to know you all.

Oh and I attachment parent in a way that suits our family. I homeschooled
for a while but all my kids are in school now except for the youngest. I am
a full time sahm in Canada (this will be our first Canadian though as we
emigrated from the UK 2 years ago) I co slept with all my children - who
have all very happily moved on into their own rooms

This being my first baby this side of the atlantic - I have no idea how
anything works here - when the tests are, what they are, what labour and
delivery in canada are like etc etc.

Bws
Jane

Old May 25th 04, 08:14 PM
Sophie

Hi all,

The only newsgroup I normally read is the scrapbooking one but I just
found out that after almost 2 years of trying, we are expecting #5

we
are so pleased and I have spent this morning looking for people due around
the same time. Anyway - my cycle is so all over the place that I THINK I

am
due around February 7th 2005.

Congrats!

I have 4 children so far - ages 11, 9, 6 and 2. Two boys and two girls

Oh no, you must get "well why did you want another to mess things up" - lol.
I have a girl and 2 boys so I must want another girl to have 2 of each.

I look forward to getting to know you all.

Oh and I attachment parent in a way that suits our family. I

homeschooled
for a while but all my kids are in school now except for the youngest. I

am
a full time sahm in Canada (this will be our first Canadian though as we
emigrated from the UK 2 years ago) I co slept with all my children - who
have all very happily moved on into their own rooms

You did what my parents did - back in 1965 - they went from England to
Canada (my sister was born in London, me in Montreal). We all moved to the
US in 1978 though, where we've lived off and on since.

This being my first baby this side of the atlantic - I have no idea how
anything works here - when the tests are, what they are, what labour and
delivery in canada are like etc etc.

Bws
Jane

Can't help you there as I'm in the US and go to military facilities, where
it's done very differently.

I'm Sophie, 31, a SAHM to Charlotte (almost 6), Patrick (4.5), Lewis (2.5)
and #4 and final is due by c-section (4th c-section) July 7, 2004.

Nice to *meet* you

Sophie
#4 due July 7, 2004

Old May 25th 04, 08:38 PM
Jane Thorpe

Thanks for the welcome Sophie!!! So how do you know this is the 4th and
'final' one??? Lol - It's just that I remember saying that too and now I
have the urge to have 6!!!!!

We haven't told ANYONE yet about the pregnancy so am not sure what the
response will be - although most people know we would like another so they
know it isn't a mistake!

So why did your parents move to the US in the end? We are planning to do
the same as we aren't too keen on Canada so far!

Our 2 of each was a complete fluke - it has worked out nicely as the boys
are close in age and then the two younger ones are girls who are close too.
But I've never really minded boys or girls lol - a boy might be nice but
only because it would be a change after two girls ina row! But then again
a girl might be nice because the clothes are just so lovely!!!

We shall see...........

Congrats on your pregnancy - not too long to go for you!

Bws
Jane

#4 due July 7, 2004

Old May 25th 04, 08:47 PM
Sophie

"Jane Thorpe" wrote in message
Thanks for the welcome Sophie!!! So how do you know this is the 4th and
'final' one??? Lol - It's just that I remember saying that too and now I
have the urge to have 6!!!!!

Cos I want an even number - 2 wasn't enough and 6 is too many. 4 jsut seems
do-able - lol. I *know* 4 is it.

We haven't told ANYONE yet about the pregnancy so am not sure what the
response will be - although most people know we would like another so they
know it isn't a mistake!

Everyone knew we wanted 4 from the get-go but you know how they love to give
you that condescending look and say "you'll see" cos no one in their right
mind could possibly want "that many".

So why did your parents move to the US in the end? We are planning to do
the same as we aren't too keen on Canada so far!

My dad worked for Eastern Airlines and got transferred.

Our 2 of each was a complete fluke - it has worked out nicely as the boys
are close in age and then the two younger ones are girls who are close

too.
But I've never really minded boys or girls lol - a boy might be nice but
only because it would be a change after two girls ina row! But then

again
a girl might be nice because the clothes are just so lovely!!!

I think when you get 2 in a row the same, you want soemthing different. I'm
blued out for sure - lol.

We shall see...........

Congrats on your pregnancy - not too long to go for you!

Bws
Jane

Nope, scary - lol.

Old May 25th 04, 08:56 PM
Donna Metler

[...]

Welcome! I joined about a month ago, at about 4 weeks pregnant, and am due
Dec 29th. I don't have any other living children, so I'm very nervous about
this one. Not sure how the Canadian system works, although based on what
I've read on the Pre-eclampsia group, it's more like the British one than
the American one.

Anyway, I expect I'll be seeing a lot of you as these winter babies develop!

Old May 25th 04, 10:16 PM
Kari

"Jane Thorpe" wrote in message
Hi all,

The only newsgroup I normally read is the scrapbooking one

Oooh, a scrapbooking newsgroup! I haven't found that one yet but I am very
interested!

but I just
found out that after almost 2 years of trying, we are expecting #5

Congrats!

I have 4 children so far - ages 11, 9, 6 and 2. Two boys and two girls

Wonderful! Glad to have you. Im not pregnant at the moment but I've been on
and off of here for the last 5 years. Great group, very informative. I have
3 kids myself - Kaylie is 8, Noah is 5 and the baby Xander is 7 mos. We plan
on 1 or 2 more but who knows, lol! Definately at least 1 more in the next
year or so.

Kari
mom to 3

Old May 26th 04, 02:56 AM
Unadulterated Me

Sophie wrote:

I think when you get 2 in a row the same, you want soemthing different. I'm
blued out for sure - lol.

That's so true, I've only ever had two of the same gender in a row
before a getting a different gender and you do get desperate to see some
different colour.

Andrea /mulling whether or not to weight in on the mum with 15 kids
thread or step well back...lol
Old May 26th 04, 03:23 AM
Daye

On Tue, 25 May 2004 18:43:28 GMT, "Jane Thorpe"
wrote:

The only newsgroup I normally read is the scrapbooking one but I just
found out that after almost 2 years of trying, we are expecting #5

Congrats and welcome!

--
Daye
Momma to Jayan and Leopold
Old May 26th 04, 05:42 PM
Sophie

"Unadulterated Me" wrote in message
Sophie wrote:

I think when you get 2 in a row the same, you want soemthing different.

I'm
blued out for sure - lol.

That's so true, I've only ever had two of the same gender in a row
before a getting a different gender and you do get desperate to see some
different colour.

Andrea /mulling whether or not to weight in on the mum with 15 kids
thread or step well back...lol

Lol - step waaaaaayyyyy back

Old May 26th 04, 07:21 PM
Leslie

Hi, Jane! Welcome to mkp.

I'm also expecting my 5th child, in November. I have one girl (13) and three
boys (10, 9, 3). I'm an SAHM and this year I homeschooled my 10 year old; next
year he's going back to school and I'm teaching 4th grade again for the 9 year
old.

Leslie