Men who marry Single Mothers are Chumps !

Old August 21st 04, 04:58 AM
Byron Canfield

"howldog" wrote in message
On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 15:22:19 GMT, "Byron Canfield"
wrote:

"howldog" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 22:52:36 -0400, "Zoey" wrote:

"Manfred Acker" wrote in message
. ..
"Autobodygal" wrote in message
r.com...
I think that a lot of people would agree with me when I say that

you
are a
simple minded idiot! Single mothers are not losers.

Yes they are. They're too stupid to keep from being stuck raising a

kid
by themselves.

Raising a child is a privelige. Sorry that whoever raised you was

moron though. Maybe if you're mother wasn't so busy dealing with her
asshole husband she could have paid more attention to you and you

wouldn't
have grown up to be an imbecile who has nothing better to do than sit

in
front of his computer, go to a usenet group called single parents and

slam
single mother. Oh, and since you have no brain I have to inform you

of
the
fact that there is such a thing as single fathers too.

wow. bitter shrew post of the week.

Yeah, that'll do it -- discredit her points

SHE DIDNT HAVE ANY. ALL SHE DOES IS INSULT

by calling her names. Good idea!

and i'm worse than her. you saw no bitterness in her post? you want to
excuse that? **** you too.

You're just SOOOOO clever.

admiteddly, i am. yes. i'll accept donations in the form of cash only
please.

Oooh! Such cutting wit -- I believe that's referred to, however, as a
****-wit.

--
"There are 10 kinds of people in the world:
those who understand binary numbers and those who don't."

Old August 21st 04, 01:30 PM
denanson

"Zoe" wrote in message

Is this what I signed up for? No. We both said we wanted a child.

We had
consensual unprotected sex in order to get this child. Then he freaked.

think my son will be okay though. He has lots of people who love him,
grandparents, uncles and friends. I know this can't makeup for the love

of
a father but I wonder now if his father is even capable of love. I will
never keep his father from him or him from his father when he is old

enough
to understand a bit more. I do, however, want to change his last name to
mine. Right now he has both our last names.

Why is everything about you. What you want, what you think, what you are
going to do, what you are not going to do.
How about considering your child for a change, he has rights too you know.
For a start, he has a name. It is his name. He may,at some point in his
life, wish to change it. That is his choice, not yours. You have no right
whatsoever to change someones name just to suit your current situation. What
if you re-marry? Will you change it again? What if you divorce? Will you
change it back? How many times do you expect to change his name over the
next few years?

Dennis

Old August 22nd 04, 01:08 AM
Betsy

"denanson" Dennis@Large .ie wrote in message

"Zoe" wrote in message

[...]

True statement, Dennis. I know many children who have different last names
than their parents, and have no identity issues whatsoever. Why not just
leave it alone.

Betsy

Old August 22nd 04, 02:34 AM
Zoe

"Zoe" wrote in message

[...]

Oh, really? Gee, how selfish of me to give him a name at all. I should
have just called him "child" until he was old enough to choose is own name
right? Going by your logic, that would be reasonable.

You have no right
whatsoever to change someones name just to suit your current situation.

Of course I do - he's my child and my dependant. I chose his name at
birth and I can change it now.

What
if you re-marry? Will you change it again? What if you divorce? Will you
change it back? How many times do you expect to change his name over the
next few years?

As many times as I feel like. After all, it is ALL about me.

Funny - the word "judgmental" seems to come up in every post. Think
I'll read on.

Old August 22nd 04, 06:31 AM
CME

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 21:34:16 -0400, "Zoe" wrote:

Funny - the word "judgmental" seems to come up in every post. Think
I'll read on.

as if having a considered opinion is a bad thing.

'Kate

It is when it doesn't agree with your own. Not that I think that... as if
there are other people out there that think differently than me...
pffffffffffft.

Christine

Old August 22nd 04, 02:32 PM
Tiffany

. ..

"Zoe" wrote in message

[...]

thought you went bye-bye Zoe? If I had a nickle for everytime someone said
bye and posted I would be rich.

Old August 23rd 04, 05:42 PM
Lisa

"Zoe" wrote in message

[...]

Naturally, names has been an ongoing topic of discussion around here. When
my son was born, I gave him my last name. Now that I am getting married,
bunny boy would like me to keep my maiden name, and he wants to keep his
name. His reasoning is people already know him. I can't argue with that.
Here in Canada, I am able to assume my husband's name without legally
changing it, which would change absolutely all documentation right down to
my birth records. Kinda like a happy compromise.

Lisa

Old August 23rd 04, 06:50 PM
denanson

"Zoe" wrote in message

"denanson" wrote in message

"Zoe" wrote in message

I do, however, want to change his last name to
mine. Right now he has both our last names.

You have no right
whatsoever to change someones name just to suit your current situation.

Of course I do - he's my child and my dependant. I chose his name at
birth and I can change it now.

What
if you re-marry? Will you change it again? What if you divorce? Will you
change it back? How many times do you expect to change his name over the
next few years?

As many times as I feel like. After all, it is ALL about me.

So why bother posting if already know what you are going to do?
Is it another way to retaliate against the father who is not returning your
calls?
With your attitude, I wouldn't return your calls either.

Dennis

Old August 23rd 04, 10:03 PM
lm

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 12:42:23 -0400, "Lisa" wrote:

.. .

"Zoe" wrote in message

[...]

Getting close to the day, aren't you? :-)

We're a three-surname family. I struggled with the question of whether
to keep the last name my boys carried, but I went with the "happy mom
means happy kids" line of thought, and took my original surname back.
It was no sweat to the kids. When I married mr. right, I kept my name.
Getting passports is difficult enough as it is! When the subject of
changing names comes up around here, they've got all kinds of options!

lm
Old August 23rd 04, 10:05 PM
lm

"Zoe" wrote in message

[...]

It could well make the kid feel like **** though. You chose it at the
time, but it's his identity. My son's first name is my surname. His
father told him to change it when he turns 18. He felt horrible and it
still stings him to think about it.

lm

Where's Bri ? Nick Single Parents 3 April 24th 04 12:27 PM
Feb. FAQ turtledove Single Parents 0 February 2nd 04 12:53 PM
FAQ turtledove Single Parents 0 January 2nd 04 03:04 PM
December's FAQ turtledove Single Parents 1 December 7th 03 07:37 PM
November's FAQ! turtledove Single Parents 0 November 1st 03 04:13 PM