A Question ?

Old November 24th 04, 02:19 PM
Bebelestrnge0721

Default A Question ?

Hello, I haven't been reading much lately .......I have been babysitting for my
step daughter , her son, my 23 month old grandson........On Monday we had
another granddaughter! Gabriel Gayle by Gayles son David this time That's 5
grandkids now and counting ! It's great

The question is: Since monday.....My 23 month grandson kristopher started
having Diahrea, after about 4 episodes it began to look like blood so we ended
up in the ER 5 hours to leave with no diagnosis? So far they have not diagnosed
him! First they said Samonella sp? poisoning....then they decided NO to that
now they simply say maybe it is a viral infection ? They have given him no
medication...no nothing but a water and bread diet . and he continues to have
an episode about a half hour after he has his prison rations ? Has anyone
experienced anything like this and what was it diagnosed as ? Thanks in
advance for any and all responses.
Bev

?

Old November 24th 04, 02:50 PM
Betsy

[...]

Get him to a doctor NOW! Immediately! If nothing else he may be
dehydrated. Water is not sufficient for a child with diarrhea. He should
be drinking something with electrolyte replacement, like pedialyte. Bloody
diarrhea can also be a sign of c. diff. infection. Either way, he needs
medication, and possibly intravenous fluids. Diarrhea in children for more
than 24 hours needs to be addressed by a doctor. Even if it has been
addressed before. I have often found that ER doctors have NO idea what to
do for children. The advice about his diet was way off base for a child.
Not so much for an adult, but for children, dehydration happens quickly.
Find a pediatrician, if he doesn't have one.

Betsy

Old November 24th 04, 05:17 PM
Tiffany

"Cele" wrote in message
On 24 Nov 2004 13:19:23 GMT,
(Bebelestrnge0721) wrote:

[...]

Get him to a doctor. If he's still no better a day after emerg, get
him to a doctor. This happened to my eldest when she was four - one
day, it was the old starvation diet and the next day she was admitted,
stat, so fast they wouldn't let me get her some clothes on the way
home from the doctor's office.

And she was nearly twice his age. They dehydrate *very* quickly.

Get to a doctor. Right away. Emerg, if needed.

Cele

I have a friend whose little girl died a day after a visit to the ER for
those same sort of symptoms. She dehydrated. I just didn't want to scare Bev
but GET THE KID TO THE MD.

Old November 24th 04, 05:46 PM
Bebelestrnge0721

Subject: A Question ?
From: "Tiffany"
Date: 11/24/2004 8:40 AM Eastern Standard Time
I can't emphasize this enough....... take him to his MD now.

Tiff His mom took him the very next day to the pediatrician , where she was
told the sample the hospital took was not enough to test so fortunately he went
again there in the docs office so we are waiting for results to that ? I have
him again today cause his mom HAD to go to work because of the holiday and the
consequences from her employer , ( tics me off cause employers have to be so
compassionless most of the time) he seems to be having a better time of it , no
blood in his last few but still goes a half hour after he eats anything , which
is also starting to look healthier gasp if you know what I mean ! Thanks Tiff
, Bev

Old November 24th 04, 05:58 PM
Bebelestrnge0721

From: "Betsy"
Date: 11/24/2004 8:50 AM Eastern Standard Time

[...]

O.K. yeah my bad I forgot to mention his mom has to get more of this "enfalite"
that the doc gave her, yesterday, seems he will not drink pedialite and the doc
gave her 4 small bottles of this "new " item that he will drink and had through
out his day yesterday, but so far nobody has it yet ? So she has me giving him
water that has a little jello powder in it for flavor so he will at least drink
the water for now . Still waiting tho to hear what the sample tests reveal.His
bowel movements are looking much better, his mom said to give him oatmeal today
for breakfast and he ate it like we expected he was so hungry ! So far still no
blood show , he is napping right now, maybe whatever this has been is passing,
but I have never experienced this before and it would be nice if they can
diagnose this rather than the old "I don't know" . Thanks Betsy !
Old November 24th 04, 06:05 PM
Bebelestrnge0721

From: Cele
Date: 11/24/2004 10:47 AM Eastern Standard Time
On 24 Nov 2004 13:19:23 GMT,

(Bebelestrnge0721) wrote:

[...]

Thanks Cele, did your daughter also have the blood ? The diahrea hasn't
concerned me as much as the fact there was blood?
he is improving today, I feel so bad for this poor baby , 3 weeks ago he got
slammed with an allergic reaction to Augmentin , his poor little butt welted
and burned from the reaction which was then diahrea ? He ended up with a severe
yeast infection and he screamed bloody murder when ever he went in his diaper.
His mom keeps asking these doctors if this could all still be from that and
they say no cause he was off all antibiotics for a week prior to this happening
? I guess this is why they say doctors "practice" medicine ! Bev
Old November 27th 04, 07:07 PM
Cele

On 24 Nov 2004 17:05:55 GMT,
(Bebelestrnge0721) wrote:

Sorry...it's nuts at work....catching up on backlog.....I'm probably
answering this way too late. :-(

Thanks Cele, did your daughter also have the blood ? The diahrea hasn't
concerned me as much as the fact there was blood?

My daughter had vomiting and diahrrea but I don't recall whether there
was blood. We're talking...lesseee....15 years ago now. She's an
adult. :-) Anyway, the concern is dehydration. It's *very* dangerous
in little kids because their bodies are so small they dehydrate very,
very quickly and this can kill them, fast. I knew to take her off all
solids and put her on clear fluids only right away, and had done that,
and had her on flat gingerale (which is what they used before
pedialyte). But even a teaspoon eventually set her off, and she became
critically ill very quickly. That's when I took her back and she was
admitted.

he is improving today, I feel so bad for this poor baby , 3 weeks ago he got
slammed with an allergic reaction to Augmentin , his poor little butt welted
and burned from the reaction which was then diahrea ? He ended up with a severe
yeast infection and he screamed bloody murder when ever he went in his diaper.

Poor little widget. That sucks.

His mom keeps asking these doctors if this could all still be from that and
they say no cause he was off all antibiotics for a week prior to this happening
? I guess this is why they say doctors "practice" medicine ! Bev

I hope he's well now.

Cele

Doan lies yet again..was.. Kane0 lies again Doan's phony offer to "debate" Kane Spanking 6 May 14th 04 02:10 AM
Classic Droan was R R R R, should I DOUBLE DARE HIM? ..was... LaVonne Kane Spanking 0 April 17th 04 07:13 PM
Kids should work... bobb General 108 December 15th 03 04:23 PM
| | Kids should work... Kane Foster Parents 3 December 9th 03 12:53 AM
Kids should work. ChrisScaife Foster Parents 16 December 7th 03 05:27 AM