Don't know if you'll remember me.... but I need your help~!

Old September 22nd 03, 12:02 AM
dolores

Default Don't know if you'll remember me.... but I need your help~!

"Tiffany" wrote in message

dolores wrote in message

"Tiffany" wrote in message

snipped

Damaged? LMAO..... no I don't think if she becomes damaged that I

can
blame
it on one teacher many years ago.

Ok, lets use your logic then, shall we!....

You are saying that in no way could the negativity of one person,

say
teacher have a life long and deeply profound affect on a child ....

Then you must agree that the converse is also true....that in no way

could
the *positive* words or actions, have a profoundly inspirational

effect

There is no way to totally shield someone from negativity all their

lives.

Where did I say otherwise, and since you havent contradicted my

supposition
then I can only assume that you either agree, but admitting that would

seem
to be a back down on your part...or disagree but cant find a good enough
arguement to prove me wrong. I may well be wrong, but somehow I dont

think
you are in possession of enough material to do so.

I never said negativity doesn't affect people. But there is no way to

avoid
it. Please read my response to Joelle. I am tired of stating that other
factors could be in play here and have nothing to do with the teacher. I
have also wished the OP well and the child too.

snipped

lol But as you say no one should be around
negativity... how do you do such a good job not ever having negativity
around you? Damn, you must live in a bubble. Have you learnt to deal

with
people or do you just run from them? (Not really a question you need

answer)

And still insist...

When do you start letting your kids learn the difference in people, good

or
bad? I do not think it is good to have a kid around negative

things/people.
Again, please read my response to Joelle.

Snipped

And *still* trying to focus on my character. Rather think you are the

one
that has shown a predisposition towards rudeness, not I.

Come on now..... read back. This is becoming childish. "You were rude
first.... no, you were." I can do a google search and show you some

rudeness
you displayed so please don't go there. I don't have the time.

LOLOL...... but it's ok for you to be rude... Well what's sauce for the
goose is sauce for the gander...only I chose *not* to be insulting or
offensive or deliberately beligerent.

One will typically reply in a defensive manner when their parenting skills
are attacked. Not a strange consept. So I did throw in what one might call
an insult after that point. But for you to say you didn't insult? Alteast

admit it when emotion gets the best of me. I wonder though, why when the

OP
didn't agree with me and stated in a adult way, even when Joelle commented
that she also didn't agree, in a adult way...... why is it just you and I
who continue argueing? Hmm... I know. They didn't insult.... they pointed
out their feelings and didn't tell me I was going to have a damaged kid or
that I was allowing second best for my kid.
As much as I regret that tempation got the best of me and I had to reply

you, Delores, this is not helpful to anyone so it is useless to go on.
In the end, if you really read my replies to Joelle and the OP you will

see
that I am not against the child being removed from the teacher. There are
other things to consider though.
Thank you for all your insight.
Have a nice day/night/afternoon/evening.

Yada yada yada...too tired to be bothered.

Long story short...I might not always be right, but I'm never wrong. lolol.

Dolores

Old December 21st 03, 11:54 PM
Go_Chiefs

Carla wrote:

Hi,

I came here last year. I had some concerns with my daughters grade 1
teacher who in the first week or two of school had insinuated my
daughter was ADD or had a learning disability. She was taken out of
his class during the school shuffle about in Canada last year, and
given a new teacher. She ended up finishing grade one with straight
A's and B's. Her lowest mark, a B, not even a B-. That particular
teacher had no concerns with her progress in any area. The report
cards were postitive, and parent teacher meetings were helpful. My
daughter went from a C- in reading at the beginning of the year to a
B+ at the end of the last term. Her social skills were fine. She had
one satisfactory, the rest were good or excellent. In the entire year
she had 2 repremands for arguing with one particular child and was
given a think sheet.

Well, this year, guess who her grade 2 teacher is? The same guy who
was making the negative remarks last year. Last year, the first two
weeks of school, he said "she is extremely fidgity" and excessively
Chatty" Those are the things I remember. The first day of school this
year... YES THE FIRST DAY. I saw him, and asked how she was adjusting.
He said word for word "she is very absent minded" When I probed as to
what he was talking about, he said she had gotten up from her desk,
walked toward his desk, and when asked "what she wanted" She said she
forgot. I assumed he made her nervous and brushed him off. Last night
was parent teacher night. I went to see him. I asked how she was
doing, he said "she is really unfocused". That said, first words, I
told him, I'm extrememly irratated, as he has never said one positive
thing about her and reminded him she was in his class last year, and
he did the same thing. I told him I wanted facts to back this up. He
stated she writes backwards. At times she does get the odd e or #3
backwards, I'v noticed it myself. But I asked, how does that fit in
with unfocused? He said "if I wanted to talk further, we could set up
an appointment". I asked him, then what is the purpose of this meeting
and you saing these things???? Long story short, I left, angry and
upset. I left a message for the principal to contact me and kept her
home today, to take her to her pediatrician incase I am missing
something.

Does this sound right to any of you guys? Has anyone had similar
experiences? I take care of alot of her freinds from that class, and
from her previous class. I don't see a HUGE difference in behavior or
scholastic endevours. I could be missing something, but I honestly
think it's this teacher. If you have suggestions in dealing with this,
on a professional, and nonemotional level, please help me out here.
I'm freakin right out.

First off have you talked to any of the other parents? I'd start
there. If they too say that this guy is giving them trouble then
go to the Principal... Explain the FACTS to them and have the
others do the same. Explain that you hope not to involve the
School Board or State Board of Education. State that it is
illegal to practice medicine without a license & it would be very
unfortunate for everyone if you & the group should seek legal
representation on the matter.

Also Ask this teacher what qualifies him to make a medical
diagnosis of your child. Ask to see a medical Certificate
stating he is licensed to practice medicine. Inform him it
is ILLEGAL to Practice medicine without credentials to do so

Explain he is to stop "Abusing" your daughter or he WILL be
reported not only for Child Abuse but Practicing Medicine Illegally.

Should these NOT solve your problem with this teacher make an
announcement at the PTA or whatever org. serves your District
that if anyone else has had any problems with this teacher & has
"diagnosed" their child to have them contact you after the
meeting or at home.

Outing this guy is bad for him & if an Atty is present mention
you are interested in taking legal action if you can not get
the school to do something about this jerk.

Go to the school board then state Board of education (If in
canada then your equivalent) Get the local Politicians involved.
If need be Go to the media...

So basically set up a plan of action starting with the teacher
then start climbing the ladder one boss at a time.

Ike

Thanks,

Anyone remember this article in Parents or Parenting magazine? [email protected] General 20 February 2nd 04 06:13 PM
REMEMBER the SAM Pregnancy 3 November 4th 03 08:01 PM
anyone remember me? Gretchen Twins & Triplets 6 October 9th 03 09:19 PM
Remember the value of life... all life =..=..= Pregnancy 1 August 10th 03 08:55 AM