Murder rates and paddling states.

Old January 27th 06, 06:12 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Default Murder rates and paddling states.

More than just interesting correlations. If in fact children learn by
what they are taught, and how they are treated is part of what they are
taught, then this is worth considering.

Before you look, want to guess and write down what number of states out
of the ten having the lowest murder rates have school paddling? Don't
peek. Write your number.

"*" "**" Annotations by the poster.

http://www.benbest.com/lifeext/murder.html

TEN WORST STATES FOR MURDER, 2003
STATE

*school paddling states **top ten for school paddling rates

PER 100,000
**(1) Louisiana 13.0
(2) Maryland 9.5
*(3) Mississippi 9.3
(4) Nevada 8.8
*(5) Arizona 7.9
**(6) Georgia 7.6
*(7) South Carolina 7.2
(8) California 6.8
**(9) Tennessee 6.8
**(10) Alabama 6.6

TEN SAFEST STATES FOR MURDER, 2003
STATE

*school paddling states **top ten for school paddling rates

PER 100,000
(1) Maine 1.2
(2) South Dakota 1.3
(3) New Hampshire 1.4
(4) Iowa 1.6
(5) Hawaii 1.7
(6) Idaho 1.8
(7) North Dakota 1.9
(8) Oregon 1.9
(9) Massachusetts 2.2
(10) Rhode Island 2.3

No "*" because not a single state above allows paddling in the schools.

Source for paddling states.

http://www.atriskeducation.net/resou...-of-shame.html

Top 10 states for rates of school paddling:

* * Mississippi
* * Arkansas
* * Alabama
* * Tennessee
* * Oklahoma
* * Louisiana
* * Georgia
* * Texas
* * Missouri
* *New Mexico

The other 13 - unlucky for students to attend - states a

* Arizona
* Colorado
* Delaware*
* Florida
* Idaho
* Indiana
* Kansas
* Kentucky
* North Carolina
* Ohio
* Pennsylvania*
* South Carolina
* Wyoming

Old January 30th 06, 08:41 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

TEN WORST COUNTRIES FOR MURDER (MID-1970s) COUNTRY PER 100,000

(1) Lesotho 141
(2) Bahamas 23
(3) Guyana 22
(4) Lebanon 20
(5) Netherlands Antilles 12
(6) Iraq 12
(7) Sri Lanka 12
(8) Cyprus 11
(9) Trindad & Tobago 10
(10) Jamaica 10

Gee, Kane! I don't see Singapore there. Could it be that they
learned from the Hutterites? ;-)

Doan

Old January 30th 06, 10:12 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

wrote:

Gee, what would make you stop posting through USC?

TEN WORST COUNTRIES FOR MURDER (MID-1970s) COUNTRY PER 100,000

1970's? My data is from 2003.

(1) Lesotho 141
(2) Bahamas 23
(3) Guyana 22
(4) Lebanon 20
(5) Netherlands Antilles 12
(6) Iraq 12
(7) Sri Lanka 12
(8) Cyprus 11
(9) Trindad & Tobago 10
(10) Jamaica 10

Gee, Kane! I don't see Singapore there. Could it be that they
learned from the Hutterites? ;-)

I was wrong about the Hutterites and have already posted a correction.
I believe more than once now. Have you no honor at all? What did
spanking teach you, except to lie?

And shame your parents and familyl publically.

Singapore does not have a great record on civil rights violations. In
fact, the people there lack many of the civil rights we do. They are
fined and jailed for chewing gum. Graffiti will get you lashes with a
cane.

Violent crime has been replaced by violent government against their own
people.

And the people are not peaceful. They simply hide and redirect their
tendency toward violence, in a spanking/caning country.

http://tinyurl.com/cc96k

If I were advocating for parents "making their own choices" and using a
country for a model to support my advocacy, I'd hardly pick Singapore
as a good example of the use of Corporal Punishment.

And you think a law against spanking is unfair to parents....R R R R

Non = non-paddling or non-spank countries. Half of the ten safest.

TEN SAFEST COUNTRIES FOR MURDER, LATE-1990s
COUNTRY

PER MILLION
(1) Slovenia 0.7
http://www.brpd.gov.pl/Slovenia_Country_Update_2005.doc
Schools ban already. In home spanking will end with the response to the
EU encouragement to end all CP of chidren, this year, if it hasn't
already.
http://tinyurl.com/bpawd

(2) Austria 0.9
non

(3) Sweden 1.8
non

(4) Switzerland 2.3
This one's a kick, as every able bodied male keeps a full bore assault
rifle and pistol at home. That might just have a tad to do with the low
murder rare. Their overall violent crime rate is low a swell. They are
a non-school paddling country, and spanking is rare.

(5) Israel 2.3
non

(6) Hong Kong 2.4

(7) Norway 2.5
Non

(8) Ireland 2.8

(9) Finland 3.7
non

(10) Singapore 4.3

Notice that Singapore is at the bottom of the list, and running well
ahead of all but the closest country to it.

Countries where children are protected by law
from all corporal punishment:

Sweden (1979)
Finland (1983)
Norway (1987)
These three countries are among the lowest for murder rates. And they
are the ones with the oldest CP-ban.

Austria (1989)
Cyprus (1994)
Italy (1996)