Fitz will have a field day

Old January 17th 04, 10:22 PM
Dennis Here

Default Fitz will have a field day

http://www.glennsacks.com/sources_page_on_fathers.htm

Interesting stuff.
I was researching incidents of parental murder, in particular by the
non-custodial parent.

Old January 19th 04, 08:53 PM

Hi Dennis,

and what was your point for posting this?

p.s.

I miss you!!!

Lorian

Old January 19th 04, 10:57 PM
Dennis Here

wrote in message

http://www.glennsacks.com/sources_page_on_fathers.htm

Interesting stuff.
I was researching incidents of parental murder, in particular by the
non-custodial parent.

and what was your point for posting this?

Food for thought basically.
There have been a lot of single fathers here recently too and I'm sure that
a lot of non-custodial fathers must read the group as well.
I have absolutely no idea who Glen Sacks is, I don't even know if it is a he
or a she,not that it makes any difference to the content.
I thought that the overall effect of the content, item by item, added up to
far more than the sum of it's parts.

Anyway, it was deadly quite so I though I'd do my usual (wink for Laura) and
stir the pot a little.

BTW, years ago, when my elder boys were young and were constantly outgrowing
their clothes, I would drop the good clothes off at the local womans refuge.
Last week after turning out Freddie's things, I phoned the nearest refuge to
me and asked if I could do the same. They were delighted.
Does anyone else here do this? Most of the children in these places have
arrived with only the clothes in which they are dressed.

p.s.

I miss you!!!

Miss you too, time to get out of that grave.

Dennis

Old January 20th 04, 02:46 AM
Joelle

I would drop the good clothes off at the local womans refuge.
Last week after turning out Freddie's things, I phoned the nearest refuge to
me and asked if I could do the same. They were delighted.
Does anyone else here do this?

When my daughter was younger I made doll clothes. One I bought a doll and
made a whole wardrobe to go with it and gave it to a woman's shelter. When I
was making it Sarah asked me if the doll cothes were for her and I told her
they were for children to play with who have to move out of their houses and
can't take their toys with them. She liked the idea.

Joelel
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page - St
Augustine
Joelle
Old January 20th 04, 05:28 AM
Paul Fritz

news

wrote in message

[...]

Woman's refuge?
Are the shelters in Ireland in denial about the causes domestic violence and
the needs of the victims as they are here in the states?

Old January 20th 04, 03:00 PM
Joelle

Woman's refuge?
Are the shelters in Ireland in denial about the causes domestic violence and
the needs of the victims as they are here in the states?

Right. When are we going to admit it's all the woman's fault when a man
decides to beat on her.

Of course when you come up with your example of a woman beating on a man,
that's the woman's fault too...

Joelle
Old January 20th 04, 03:16 PM
P.Fritz

awful sexist of you to infer that men are responsible for all but a fraction
of domestic violence.

Old January 20th 04, 08:17 PM
Dennis Here

"Paul Fritz" wrote in message

Woman's refuge?
Are the shelters in Ireland in denial about the causes domestic violence

and
the needs of the victims as they are here in the states?

No I would not say that. More of a case that the womans movement has done a
good, worthwhile and neccessary job catering for their own gender.
Do you expect them to cater for men as well?

Dennis

Old January 20th 04, 09:56 PM
P.Fritz

"Paul Fritz" wrote in message

Woman's refuge?
Are the shelters in Ireland in denial about the causes domestic violence

and
the needs of the victims as they are here in the states?

No I would not say that. More of a case that the womans movement has done

good, worthwhile and neccessary job catering for their own gender.
Do you expect them to cater for men as well?

Not if they are private entities, but if the are receving public funding,
it is a different story.

Dennis