Fitz will have a field day

Old January 21st 04, 12:04 AM
Joelle

Default Fitz will have a field day

awful sexist of you to infer that men are responsible for all but a fraction
of domestic violence.

Good way to dodge my point.

Sorry Fritz, I've seen enough in my business that my "personal antidotes" are
always going to trump your statistics.

Joelle
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page - St
Augustine
Joelle
Old January 21st 04, 03:42 AM
Paul Fritz

Not dodging the point..........and your 'personal anitdotes' sic are NOT a
significant enough sampling to trump statisical studies.
But are more evidence of the gender bias that exists.

Old January 21st 04, 05:01 AM
Joelle

Not dodging the point....

Yea, you did dodge the point. You imply that somehow women are always
responsible for domestic violence, whether or not they are the recipients or
perpatratures.

and your 'personal anitdotes' sic are NOT a
significant enough sampling to trump statisical studies.

Well my 20 years of ministry is significant enough for what I've seen and none
of your statistics changes what I've seen and what I know.

And what I think is that girls need to be raised with confidence and skills so
they don't fall into this "any man is better than no man" trap that makes them
put up with that ****.

And it's kind of too bad that women are arrested when they hit back because my
aunt had a husband who beat her up and once he tried to slap my mom and she
hauled off and decked him and he never tried to lay a hand on her again and was
even better to her sister after that. But according to your stats my Mom was
the abuser.

Old January 21st 04, 05:16 AM
turtledove

'Kate wrote in message ...
I'll be happy when all the shelters close because they have run out of
customers.

'Kate

you and me both.

*b

Old January 21st 04, 10:48 AM
Moon Shyne

"turtledove" wrote in message
newsWnPb.7667$bg1.1952@fed1read05...

'Kate wrote in message ...
I'll be happy when all the shelters close because they have run out of
customers.

'Kate

you and me both.

Make that three.

*b

Old January 21st 04, 03:46 PM
lm

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 22:57:59 -0000, "Dennis Here" Dennis@Large .ie
wrote:

"Dennis Here" Dennis@Large .ie wrote in message

wrote in message

http://www.glennsacks.com/sources_page_on_fathers.htm

Interesting stuff.
I was researching incidents of parental murder, in particular by the
non-custodial parent.

and what was your point for posting this?

Food for thought basically.
There have been a lot of single fathers here recently too and I'm sure that
a lot of non-custodial fathers must read the group as well.
I have absolutely no idea who Glen Sacks is, I don't even know if it is a he
or a she,not that it makes any difference to the content.
I thought that the overall effect of the content, item by item, added up to
far more than the sum of it's parts.

Ah yes, overall effect (image) over the truth of what's being said
(substance). You sure you're not a yank? That's how we vote, y'know.

Anyway, it was deadly quite so I though I'd do my usual (wink for Laura) and
stir the pot a little.

And I am so tempted to bite, too. I read the page thoroughly and
fought the urge to reply to various items -- I just can't do it, too
weary of sniping. Everyone's gotta have someone to blame, don't they?
Hate makes the world go 'round.

BTW, years ago, when my elder boys were young and were constantly outgrowing
their clothes, I would drop the good clothes off at the local womans refuge.
Last week after turning out Freddie's things, I phoned the nearest refuge to
me and asked if I could do the same. They were delighted.
Does anyone else here do this? Most of the children in these places have
arrived with only the clothes in which they are dressed.

We're finally in the position to start giving back. On Boxing Day we
collected for the Ronald McDonald House. When my first lamb was born,
he spent 2 months in hospital -- there's a RMH near most hospitals,
esp children's hospitals, and families can stay there on the cheap as
long as necessary. People there often come with nothing either, so
they need the same things shelters need -- toiletries, clothes (esp
for sibs), games, books, and food.

lm

Old January 21st 04, 11:13 PM
Dennis Here

"P.Fritz" wrote in message

"Dennis Here" Dennis@Large .ie wrote in message

No I would not say that. More of a case that the womans movement has

done
good, worthwhile and neccessary job catering for their own gender.
Do you expect them to cater for men as well?

Not if they are private entities, but if the are receving public

funding,
it is a different story.

Well I would not begrudge them public funding but I take your point.
There is a distinct lack of alternatives for men in similar situations but
my point was that it's up to us men to do something about it.

Dennis

Old January 23rd 04, 11:14 PM
Kim

"Dennis Here" Dennis@Large .ie wrote in message
http://www.glennsacks.com/sources_page_on_fathers.htm

Interesting stuff.
I was researching incidents of parental murder, in particular by the
non-custodial parent.

Soooooooooo Dennis.... Errrrrrr What is your chosen career field?

Old February 4th 04, 01:37 PM
Dbeardandsons1

Alright....not to belittle the ladies who have found themselves bloodied,
bruised or worse...no one deserves that. But I was married to an abusive
spouse. Fortuneately, I have lots of patience.

I used to come home from work to accusations of infidelity (once I was home in
13 minutes...guess they were giving quickies at the stop lights that day). She
would constantly critisize and belittle me. Attack me verbally for all sorts of
infractions being a slob to not caring about her....always something. She
would push and push and push until I had to stick up for myself. Then we would
argue, she would get in my face. I would try to calm her, I would try to walk
away, but nothing worked. If I went to the bedroom she would follow, if I went
to the bathroom, she would follow. If I tried to leave she would plant herself
firmly in the doorway.

I stood toe to toe with this woman on numerous occasions and just let her hit
me until she ran out of steam. I wouldn't hit her, but I did have to disarm her
several times (knives, a baseball bat, dishes, furniture...you name it). In
truth, she couldn't hit that hard, after a couple of years when I had gotten
bored with the stupidity of it all I would laugh at her while she freaked out
(which may have escalated her anger level).

My point here I guess is that sometimes the violence is provoked. There were
numerous times when I considered just flat knocking the bitch out......

Luckily I always had the presence of mind not too.....

David
Old February 4th 04, 02:00 PM
Joelle

In
truth, she couldn't hit that hard, after a couple of years when I had gotten
bored with the stupidity of it all I would laugh at her while she freaked out
(which may have escalated her anger level).

One might wonder why you would stay in such a relationship. What were you
getting out of it?