The Myth of the Permissive non-spanking parent...revealed.

Old April 1st 06, 06:08 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Default The Myth of the Permissive non-spanking parent...revealed.

http://hub.lsj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...90301/1149/HUB

The Myth of the Permissive non-spanking parent...revealed.

Most people I know that do not spank are like this commentator...a mom.

Published March 29, 2006

Mama-rama: Spare the rod and the rhetoric

Meagan Francis

Last year I was sitting outside at a park watching my older boys play,
when a pregnant woman plopped down next to me. Looking from my older
sons, to my then-pregnant belly, to the toddler asleep in my stroller,
the woman's eyes grew wider. "Are they all yours?" she asked. I nodded.

There was a pause.

"So, do you spank 'em?" she asked.

Uhh...

"I have friends who don't discipline their kids at all, and the kids
turn into total brats," she went on. "I'm for sure going to be a
spanker." ...

http://hub.lsj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...90301/1149/HUB

Old April 2nd 06, 04:26 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

0:- wrote:

Last year I was sitting outside at a park watching my older boys play,
when a pregnant woman plopped down next to me. Looking from my older
sons, to my then-pregnant belly, to the toddler asleep in my stroller,
the woman's eyes grew wider. "Are they all yours?" she asked. I nodded.

There was a pause.

"So, do you spank 'em?" she asked.

nothing like getting straight to the point is there! what a cheeky
cow!

Old April 2nd 06, 07:06 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Dan wrote:
0:- wrote:

Last year I was sitting outside at a park watching my older boys play,
when a pregnant woman plopped down next to me. Looking from my older
sons, to my then-pregnant belly, to the toddler asleep in my stroller,
the woman's eyes grew wider. "Are they all yours?" she asked. I nodded.

There was a pause.

"So, do you spank 'em?" she asked.

nothing like getting straight to the point is there! what a cheeky
cow!

Brit insults are so much more civilized and yet have the needed punch.

Thanks, and we've missed you around here. Welcome back.

Kane

Old April 3rd 06, 08:42 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

0:- wrote:

Brit insults are so much more civilized and yet have the needed punch.

Thanks, and we've missed you around here. Welcome back.

Kane

Been off for 3 weeks in orlando - lovely hol!

Old April 3rd 06, 02:56 PM
beccafromlalaland beccafromlalaland is offline
Senior Member

Oh My...What an idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0:-
[...]

Becca

Momma to two boys

Big Guy 3/02
and

Wuvy-Buv 8/05

Canadian Judge ok's Dad's apanking in Calgary divorce case Fern5827 Spanking 8 October 4th 05 03:43 AM
OT The "Child's" Point Of View Pop Foster Parents 7 June 20th 05 03:13 AM
Debate on spanking Doan General 0 June 12th 04 08:30 PM
And again he strikes........ Doan strikes ...... again! was Kids should work... Kane General 2 December 6th 03 03:28 AM