Spanking is LEGAL in every US state

Old June 27th 03, 06:40 PM
Doan

Default Spanking is LEGAL in every US state

But if LaVonne and her gang have it their way, it will be illegal in every
state! It will be easier for CPS to take your children away since they
will no longer have to differentiate between a spanking and a beating.
According to LaVonne, there is no difference anyway!!!

Doan

On 27 Jun 2003, Fern5827 wrote:

Reference:

USSC decision in 1970's Ingraham v Wright

United States Supreme Court.

Do not surrender your parental rights and responsibilities to the drones of
CPS.

Read NG alt support child protective services. Parents have an essential
liberty interest in parenting their children as they determine.

http://www.CPSWatch.com

Old June 27th 03, 09:57 PM
LaVonne Carlson

Of course parental spanking is legal in every US state. How many times have I
told you this? You are the person who proclaimed to the world through the
internet that "all parental discipline had been criminalized."

Because spanking is legal in every US state, yet every US state defines abuse
differently, and every parent defines spanking differently, there certainly
will be times when parents describe their disciplinary practice as "spanking"
and the state will look at the practice and decide the spanking has crossed
the line into what is considered abuse.

I would be so much better if children were protected as you and I are
protected. A federal law that defines hitting the body of a little child as
assault and therefore illegal would be consistent with the protection afforded
to you, me, and every adult in every US state.

No more would we have to worry about how hard we can hit the little child,
whether or not we can bruise the little child, whether or not we can use
implements as we hit the little child, and still call the behavior "spanking."

LaVonne

Old June 27th 03, 10:13 PM
LaVonne Carlson

Doan wrote:

But if LaVonne and her gang have it their way, it will be illegal in every
state!

I have no gang, Doan, and never speak for others. But yes, if I had my way,
spanking would be illegal in every state. Can you imagine a society that
respected children enough to provide them the same protection from physical
assault that you and I enjoy? We wouldn't need to worry about how hard to hit
children, how often to hit children, whether we can leave bruises on children,
or which implements are legal.

It will be easier for CPS to take your children away since they
will no longer have to differentiate between a spanking and a beating.

How would you differentiate between a spanking and a beating if you were the
recipient? Or your wife? Or your significant other?

According to LaVonne, there is no difference anyway!!!

Explain.

LaVonne

Old June 28th 03, 05:43 PM
Doan

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003, LaVonne Carlson wrote:

Doan wrote:

But if LaVonne and her gang have it their way, it will be illegal in every
state!

I have no gang, Doan, and never speak for others.

Remember this, LaVonne? :-)
"Actually, this has been addressed, by Chris, by me, and I believe by
Randy as well. While spanking has decreased, the decrease is very slight,
with the majority of children still being spanked. In fact, a very recent
survey by Ron Pitzer found that approximately 90% of two year olds are still
being spanked."

But yes, if I had my way,
spanking would be illegal in every state. Can you imagine a society that
respected children enough to provide them the same protection from physical
assault that you and I enjoy? We wouldn't need to worry about how hard to hit
children, how often to hit children, whether we can leave bruises on children,
or which implements are legal.

Let's see, according to your logic, when the police strike you with a
baton, it is not physical assault but when a parent spanked a misbehaving
child, it is physical assault??? Logic and the anti-spanking zealotS...
are they mutually exclusive? ;-)

It will be easier for CPS to take your children away since they
will no longer have to differentiate between a spanking and a beating.

How would you differentiate between a spanking and a beating if you were the
recipient? Or your wife? Or your significant other?

I was a kid once! :-) I have been spanked. I know the difference. And I
certainly don't want CPS to take me away from my parents! Do you know the
difference between your child and your spouse or SO? ;-)

According to LaVonne, there is no difference anyway!!!

Explain.

Do you know the difference between a spanking and a beating, LaVonne? ;-)

Doan

Debate on spanking Doan General 0 June 12th 04 08:30 PM
A great article on spanking Doan General 0 February 28th 04 12:27 PM
| | Kids should work... Kane General 13 December 10th 03 03:30 AM
Kids should work. LaVonne Carlson General 22 December 7th 03 05:27 AM
And again he strikes........ Doan strikes ...... again! was Kids should work... Kane General 2 December 6th 03 04:28 AM