new here!!

Old June 27th 03, 03:34 PM
Kristen313

Default new here!!

I, for one, would just be happy if you would contribute. Please, stay!
Heaven knows I got slammed my first time here...and now almost four years
later, I maintain the FAQ and wouldn't trade this place for the world. I
love these guys. Hell, I got remarried and STILL couldn't let this place
go.

How about this: I'll quit getting so damn frustrated at what you say.
Okay? Promise.

Now, why don't you tell us a little about yourself?

Hi, I'm *brianne, and I've been remarried for 2 years. I have a beautiful
(almost nine) DS who I have residential custody of. My ex is not really
involved in his life, however, my current husband loves him as if he were
his own. In fact, he says now he has somebody his own age to play with.
So, a lot of times you'll hear me say I have two kids. That's why.

*b

Thank, Brianne. What is a DS? Sounds like things are going well for you. I
have been a single mom for about 3 years. I left before I knew I was pregnant
with my 2nd son. (They are 2&5). My ex is involved, by coming over and seeing
them, but just not financially. (I'm not slamming him, honestly---he does love
them a lot.)
If you all want me to go away, that's fine. I have lots of questions, but I
will respect what you want.

Old June 27th 03, 03:57 PM
turtledove

"Kristen313" wrote in message

[...]

DS stands for Dear Son or Darling Son. SS would be Step-Son. DH would be
Dear Husband or Damn Husband depending on the mood (hehe).

My ex and I split when our son was 8 months old. That was the 'official
legally separated split', but we had split, really, while I was pregnant.
Though I will say he was there for me during the birth and was a trooper (I
had severe pre-eclampsia and had to be induced....needless to say it sucked
in a huge huge way).

The important thing is that your ex is involved. Mine isn't, by his choice,
and lately I'm really bitter about that. However, like I said before, my
current husband loves my son like his own and we just go day to day. My ex
does pay child support, but I would give it all back if he would just see
his son every once and awhile.

Ask your questions! You'll have to ignore the snotty comments (if any are
made) and take each answer with a grain of salt. Remember, support does not
equal agreement. Which is cool, because you get different perspectives.
And yes, some things are highly controversial and people have very deep
feelings about issues. The important thing is being respectful of others
differences in opinions.

We are a very protective group, some of us have been here literally over
three years. A lot of old timers lurk in the shadows and appear from time
to time, which is why it may sometimes appear like we pounce a lot.

I'll repost the FAQ, that may help. Take a good long read, there are lots
of good things in there.

with respect,
*bri (who does a lot better when she gets enough coffee in her
system...hehe)

Old June 27th 03, 04:21 PM
Joelle

If you all want me to go away, that's fine. I have lots of questions, but I
will respect what you want.

If you stick around, you will find that this is a group that is supportive and
helpful if you want to talk about your kids. If you want to change us or the
ng, then it's just going to be a bunch of silly flaming and trust, me you are
not coming out ahead in that game.

When you ask for opinions you will get them. Some will make sense. If they
make sense use them. Some will not work for you. Ignore what doesn't work.
don't be offended by what doesn't work.

Some opinions will sting. If you are hurt by the opinion of a stranger, IMO,
it means one of two things - either it's true and it hurts to face the truth,
or you care too much about the opinion of strangers. When you start getting in
the middle of something ask yourself "Do I care what this person thinks?"

After awhile, you will find some people with whom you have an affinity. There
will be some people you will grow to respect immensly. There will be some with
whom you will never agree with about most things, but they will still
occasionally say something helpful. Some will always annoy you and never post
the way you think they should. Unless you enjoy constant flame wars, I suggest
you filter some of the more annoying ones (even if I'm one of them) until you
can learn not to let them get to you.

You are not the first one to come riding in here thinking you were telling us
something new and insightful about how to be supportive. Nor will you be the
last to see that we really are helpful and supportive just the way we are.

Stick around.

Joelle
If you want to make God laugh, tell him what you are doing tomorrow
Father Mike
Old June 27th 03, 04:32 PM
Tiffany

CME wrote in message

"Tiffany" wrote in message

Maureen Seufert wrote in message
hi guys..im new here..found this siite while searching the

web......wow
i can sympathize with you guys.....im working.....but its considered
part time...i get 7 an hr but also get comision(spelling)....i have

been
there 8 yrs...my rent etc has gone up.....i have asked for a raise 4
x.....and told that because i get commison.....i have to "earn what im
worth" its in the telemarketing field and with the new pa do not call
list well sales are down im getting 200 $ less then what i was
making....i could only pay half my rent.....and the landlord says if i
dont come up with the rest my the end of the month they are taking me

court....so i have been looking for another job.....i hate the one i

do
now but with my situation i have to keep that one and do something
during the day....which means my 12 yr old and 6 yr old will be with
there dad and sitter most of the week im so down.......my x is no
help....keeps telling me this is my punishment for getting div......im
also having problems witih my 12 yr old son....before i was div i had
discipline problems with him but since sep and div had been worse the
child has no respect for me when i tell his dad he just shrugs his
shoulders......my son called me a name right in front of his dad...his
dad just said "patrick u shouldnt call your mother that" if i said to

my
mom what he said and MY father was there id have no tongue left in my
head!!!!!!!!!! i have a b/f and my b/f knows how he is and cnat stand
him and my son feels the same towards him.......i just feel like

running
away sometimes.....all the stress i am under......i came here to offer
advice but i need to vent today......to see if anyone else is going
through same things with kids? and i feel sooo much guilt......with

the
div having to have to work 2 jobs now......i feel like a horrible
mom......

I am having a very hard time reading this. Sentences are just running
together....

Whatever.

Wow Tiff, anything you'd like to talk about? I've never seen you so

snippy.

Christine

Not a thing. Just calling it like I see it. Thanks for your concern though.

How are the boys?

Old June 27th 03, 04:34 PM
Tiffany

Kristen313 wrote in message
I am having a very hard time reading this. Sentences are just running
together....

Whatever.

What would the purpose of this comment be? Trying to be helpful in her
sentence structure? Didn't think so.

This post is days old. What made this resurface? lol

Yes it was to be helpful. If people can't read your jibberish, you can't get
help.

Old June 27th 03, 05:57 PM
Dennis Here

turtledove wrote in message ...

"Kristen313" wrote in message

Kristen, there are people here with vision problems, with learning
disabilities, with all kinds of characteristics that might have made
that particular post hard for them to read. Maybe she's just saying
that it's hard to read. Maybe that's the whole point of that comment.

Come on, do you really believe that?

Actually it's true. I, for one, have double vision due to a car accident I
had a year ago. When things are written all lowercase, without

punctuation,
it is really hard for me to read it properly. I can still read it if I had
to, but generally I skip those messages.

So yes, what Cele said it true and she does believe it.

I am just a cantacorous (spell check couldn't help) old grump who feels
that if someone does not present themself well enough then why should I
bother responding ;-)

Dennis

Old June 28th 03, 12:47 AM

In ,
Dennis Here youreply
typed:
[...]

Dennis, no offense, but I wanted to help where spell check couldn't. It's
cantankerous. No offense intended.

Betsy
--
Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with
ketchup.

Old June 28th 03, 03:54 AM
Rolly The Pervert

"CME" wrote in message

"Kristen313" wrote in message

I hope you're feeling well at this point.

Very well, thank you much. Surgery and a 2 month stay in the hospital

took
care of a great deal of it.If you give yourself time to get to know

people,
sit back a bit, and
then post calmly on single parenting topics, I am quite certain you'll
be as welcome here as anyone.

Cele

Again, thank you, but I doubt I will ever be welcome.

Pah, if *I* can be welcome, then hell ya the door is open. lol Man, I
recall a time I had it in for Dennis, Joelle, Paul F and Steve... but not
all at the same time mind you. lmao

You forgot me and L

Christine