getting pregnant too soon after giving birth

Old May 3rd 06, 05:14 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Default getting pregnant too soon after giving birth

has anyone here gotten pregnant very soon after giving birth? i just gave
birth to my precious daughter emily faith on 3/19/06. but she was still
born. i went into labor without being induced on my due date, but when i
got to the hospital, she didnt have a heartbeat. she died earlier that
morning (heart failure due to fifths disease). she was beautiful! at had
her 8:54pm that same night. everything had been fine my entire pregnancy,
i had no idea i had even come in contact with fifths disease, so i had no
idea she was even sick, until i got to the hospital and they said she
didn't have a heartbeat. i had just felt her move about 3 hours before
that. i'm so sad. i miss her sooo much, and my arms are just aching to
hold her again. i keep thinking that if i could get pregnant again, that
it might ease the pain a little, and give me something to look forward to.
i dont want anyone to think that i am trying to replace her, i just want
feel some kind of happiness again, and i know i won't until i can feel
that life inside of me again. i'm just so sad. my doctor said i could wait
3 months to try again, its been 6 and 1/2 weeks already. but if i wait
another month and 1/2 i might end up aving the next baby around emily's
birthday, and i don't want to do that, nor do i want to wait any longer
than 3 months. i've already gotten my period back this past monday- so i'm
hoping to start trying to concieve again when i ovulate again- but i dont
want to endanger myself or baby- to- be by t.t.c too soon. has anyone
gotten pg within 2 to 3 months after gigving birth? was everything ok? or
did it end in miscarriage. my doctor said that i immune to the virus now,
and i could never catch it again, nor pass it on to another child in my
womb, but i know that this will never out my mind at ease, because emily
is gone., and i will never get her back. i can only hope that my next pg
will be ok and pray that my baby will be helathy, because i dont think i
could do this again. i feel like my heart and soul have been snatched away
from me. and i keep thinking that if i could get pg again that i might
just get a little piece of that back again... i know i will be very scared
and worried with my next pregnancy, but i dont think that will ever go
away, no matter how long i wait, just because i know now that these
terrible things CAN and DO happen, life is sooo fragile.
the odds were already against me once, only 5 to 10 % of women that come
in contact with 5ths disease while pg result in a stillborn child, so i
know now that something could always go wrong, and i risk losing another
child, no matter what... but i think that this is a risk i'm willing to
take, just to hold a beautiful living, breathing child in my arms. i want
so badly to be a mommy... it just hurts so bad because i carried emily for
nine long months, with every kick from her, every ache and pain, and i was
sent home from the hospital with empty arms, to a house filled with pretty
pink baby things. i never got to hear her cry... never got to dress her...
feed her... bathe her... change her diaper... see her smile. she never
even took one breath here on earth. i want SO BADLY to experience these
things... i feel so alone. sorry this is so long- i'm just so stressed, so
angry, so worried, so anxious... please if you have had a subsequent
pregnancy very close to your first, what was the outcome... was your baby
ok? living, breathing, healthy baby? thank you for listening
~ Brandi (mommy to an angel emily faith ^o^)
please feel free to email me~

Old May 3rd 06, 05:44 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Oh Brandi -- big hugs.

I think it is OK to make the personal decision to try to conceive right away
(particularly if you didn't have a section and if you are good with your
nutrition or willing to learn). My son was conceived when my daughter was
6.5 months old and I was nursing nearly exclusively (and I nursed through
the pregnancy) but I ate lots and well. He was born full term at 11 pounds,
all good. You're not nursing so your body will not have that obligation as
well. BUT you have to know that miscarriages are very common and you can't
think you've killed your baby if you have a miscarriage. These things
happen, usually for things beyond your body's control and usually not for
identifiable reasons, and the special, unique child you will have when you
have a living child will be a product of the beating of a butterfly's wing
and the birth and death of long flung stars.

Be good to yourself and do what is right for you.

Dagny

Old May 3rd 06, 05:47 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

bmwbrandi2005 wrote:
[...]

I'm so very sorry for your loss.

I can't answer your question for you, but I can recommend a book I
found very helpful - Pregnancy After Loss by Carol Cirulli Lanham. It
won't answer your question either, but will give you many things to
think about and explore your feelings when making the decision.

Old May 3rd 06, 05:54 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

"Dagny" wrote in message
..and the special, unique child you will have when you have a living child
will be a product of the beating of a butterfly's wing and the birth and
death of long flung stars.

And of course this is also true of those no longer living -- sorry if I
implied ...

Dagny

Old May 3rd 06, 06:16 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

bmwbrandi2005 wrote:
[...]

Hugs Brandi. I'm so sorry for your loss. I think you should wait a little
longer to get pregnant, so that you can deal with the emotions surrounding
your loss a bit more. Grief is a long term thing, and needs to be actively
worked through.

I know lots of people who have gotten pregnant right away, and lots of
people who waited a bit, and most people who got pregnant right away had a
much tougher time during the subsequent pregnancy -- they were much more on
edge, frightened, scared, and anxious than those who waited. Perhaps if you
just wait a few more months, until a sub baby wouldn't have the same due
date. I know that to go through a sub pg and have the same due date is
REALLY hard, because you hit all the same milestones at the same time --
positive pg test, heartbeat, end of first trimester, level II u/s, etc, and
it brings back everything from the first pg. Waiting just another few
months will also allow your body to heal a bit more. Pregnancy and
childbirth are hard on your body, and your uterus needs more than one cycle
to heal so that it can really handle another pg.

I'm sorry for your loss.
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Check out the family! --
www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest Become a member for free - go to Add Member to set up
your own User ID and Password

Old May 3rd 06, 06:30 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

"bmwbrandi2005" wrote in message
lkaboutparenting.com...
has anyone here gotten pregnant very soon after giving birth?

snip

First of all, I'm so sorry about your loss. I can only imagine how hard
that would be, but you *appear* so strong, even though I would only imagine
how hard it would be.
DS1 and DS2 are 1 year, 1 month and 2 days apart in age. DS1 was born via
emergency C-section, and I guess that would have made DS1 about 4 months old
when I was pg with DS2.
Both boys are normal, average kids - now 5 and 6 years old. Never any
problems, issues or concerns with my second pregnancy, other than the high
risk of another c-section (as there was one not long before and it was
because of a bicornuate uterus)
DD is also 9 months old (tomorrow) and I'm about 14 and a half weeks pg with
#4, so DD was about 6 months old when I became pg again. The boys are very
close in age, and DD and this next one will also be fairly close in age (DD
will be 15 months old to the day on the EDD of this next one) So far, no
problems or concerns, but then again, it's also fairly early - I've only had
one dr's appointment and have an u/s scheduled for the 8th of this month to
confirm dates.
If you had a basically normal delivery otherwise and no problems (with all
things considered, I know that's probably not the best word to use, so my
apologies) what is the reason that it was suggested to wait 3 months before
trying again? Was it only a recommendation to allow YOU time to recover or
heal emotionally, physically, psychologically? Was it to give you time to
mourn or cope with your situation? If you're told there's absolutely no
chance of that same problem happening again, I'm not a doctor or have any
experience with that kind of situation, but I don't see a reason to wait...
I had 2 very close in age and they both had good weights and health, so
FWIE, there's never been a concern about illness, problems or similar to
happen with being pg shortly after a delivery.

Old May 3rd 06, 07:29 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

"bmwbrandi2005" wrote in message
has anyone here gotten pregnant very soon after giving birth? i just gave
birth to my precious daughter emily faith on 3/19/06. but she was still
born.

I am very sorry for your loss.

I don't know for sure the answer to that question, but my MIL was pregnant
at her six-week check up with my husband's brother. This was many years ago,
so I don't have any answers, just an anecdote.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old May 3rd 06, 09:13 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

bmwbrandi2005 wrote:

things... i feel so alone. sorry this is so long- i'm just so stressed, so
angry, so worried, so anxious... please if you have had a subsequent
pregnancy very close to your first, what was the outcome... was your baby
ok? living, breathing, healthy baby? thank you for listening

I'm so sorry for all you've been through. It must
just be terrible. A large majority of women who get pregnant
again very quickly have normal, healthy pregnancies and
babies. However, statistically speaking, there is a slightly
elevated risk of premature labor and small for gestational
age babies with very close spacing. (I think there's a
slightly increased risk of one other thing as well, along
similar lines as the other two, but I can't recall what it
is at the moment.) It is a stress on your body to be
pregnant again before you've had a chance to build up
your reserves again. But, the large majority of babies
in this situation are fine, so it just depends on your
feelings about what level of risk you're comfortable with.

Best wishes,
Ericka
Old May 4th 06, 03:42 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

I'm so sorry, Brandi.

I got pregnant with my second son 3.5 months after the first was born.
I'd had two sections already, I nursed throughout the pregnancy, and
the baby was fine--in fact, he weighed 12 pounds!

Chances are your baby would be fine too.

Leslie