(poll) stroller-to-child ratio

Old May 4th 04, 08:32 PM
Sara

Default (poll) stroller-to-child ratio

Researching which stroller to buy, I found Usenet and message board
posts by parents who seemed to have great fleets of strollers. I feel
we're being a tad excessive with three strollers to one child (plus a
toy stroller for Baby Doll), but I can justify them (a jogging
stroller, an umbrella stroller for the subway, and a standard stroller
for anywhere we walk).

I'm curious: what's your stroller-to-child ratio?

--
Sara, 2:1 until two days ago, now 3:1
Old May 4th 04, 08:37 PM
Sophie

"Sara" wrote in message
Researching which stroller to buy, I found Usenet and message board
posts by parents who seemed to have great fleets of strollers. I feel
we're being a tad excessive with three strollers to one child (plus a
toy stroller for Baby Doll), but I can justify them (a jogging
stroller, an umbrella stroller for the subway, and a standard stroller
for anywhere we walk).

I'm curious: what's your stroller-to-child ratio?

--
Sara, 2:1 until two days ago, now 3:1

3 strollers to (soon) 4 children

1 umbrella (Cosco, cheapy Walmart one)
1 regular (Graco Lite Ride or something)
1 double stroller (pretty useless, probably won't ever use again, Graco
Duo).
Not planning on buying any more strollers either.

Old May 4th 04, 08:42 PM
DeliciousTruffles

Sara wrote:

Researching which stroller to buy, I found Usenet and message board
posts by parents who seemed to have great fleets of strollers. I feel
we're being a tad excessive with three strollers to one child (plus a
toy stroller for Baby Doll), but I can justify them (a jogging
stroller, an umbrella stroller for the subway, and a standard stroller
for anywhere we walk).

I'm curious: what's your stroller-to-child ratio?

When the twins were stroller age I had a Peg Perego Duette (barely used
it though), a Kolcroft double umbrella stroller (used it tons), and a
couple single umbrella stroller with connectors (only used them when
flying).

With Isabella I have a Single Inglesina.

--
Brigitte aa #2145
http://ca.geocities.com/bironmonger/

~ Harriet Martineau

Old May 4th 04, 08:50 PM
Janette

1 double stroller (pretty useless, probably won't ever use again, Graco
Duo).

Hi Sophie! Just out of curiosity, why do you say the double stroller is
useless? We have never had one for our kids, but I just bought one over the
weekend for the daycare kids. I have my 5 month old nephew and then in
Sept, I will have a new infant. Therefore I figured having an infant and a
9 month old, I would have good use for a double stroller. Hopefully it's
not a wasted purchase...however, I haven't taken it out of the box yet,
since I won't need it until Sept.

Just thought I'd ask since I've never had to use one personally. I did find
the floor model to be very heavy/bulky.

Thanks!

Janette
Mom to Logan Alexander (4)
and Caleb Benjamin (2)

Old May 4th 04, 08:51 PM
Janette

"Sara" wrote in message
Researching which stroller to buy, I found Usenet and message board
posts by parents who seemed to have great fleets of strollers. I feel
we're being a tad excessive with three strollers to one child (plus a
toy stroller for Baby Doll), but I can justify them (a jogging
stroller, an umbrella stroller for the subway, and a standard stroller
for anywhere we walk).

I'm curious: what's your stroller-to-child ratio?

--
Sara, 2:1 until two days ago, now 3:1

For our kids, we have 2 stroller for 2 kids. 1 umbrella one and 1 regular
one that came w/ the infant car seat, etc. However, both are hardly used
anymore

This weekend we did purchase a double stroller for the first time, but it's
for the daycare kids...my kids will never be using it so I guess that
doesn't count for the poll!

Janette
Mom to Logan Alexander (4)
and Caleb Benjamin (2)

Old May 4th 04, 08:56 PM
Clisby

Sara wrote:
Researching which stroller to buy, I found Usenet and message board
posts by parents who seemed to have great fleets of strollers. I feel
we're being a tad excessive with three strollers to one child (plus a
toy stroller for Baby Doll), but I can justify them (a jogging
stroller, an umbrella stroller for the subway, and a standard stroller
for anywhere we walk).

I'm curious: what's your stroller-to-child ratio?

Just 1 - the jogging stroller. But my little one is over 2, so we don't
use a stroller all that much.

Clisby

Old May 4th 04, 08:59 PM
Sophie

"Janette" wrote in message
1 double stroller (pretty useless, probably won't ever use again, Graco
Duo).

Hi Sophie! Just out of curiosity, why do you say the double stroller is
useless? We have never had one for our kids, but I just bought one over

the
weekend for the daycare kids. I have my 5 month old nephew and then in
Sept, I will have a new infant. Therefore I figured having an infant and

9 month old, I would have good use for a double stroller. Hopefully it's
not a wasted purchase...however, I haven't taken it out of the box yet,
since I won't need it until Sept.

Just thought I'd ask since I've never had to use one personally. I did

find
the floor model to be very heavy/bulky.

Thanks!

Janette

With that age gap I bet you use it all the time.

When I had Patrick Charlotte was 16 months old and wanting to walk
everywhere. No way would she go in a stroller.
When I had Lewis Patrick was 25 months old, again walking everywhere plus he
was too big for the stroller. He looked really smushed in it.
I just loved my Bjorn so much, hardly go to places where I need a stroller
(usually just carry the baby or use a shopping cart) so I don't see using it
this time.
So for us, it just wasn't that useful.

Old May 4th 04, 09:02 PM
Welches

Sara wrote in message
Researching which stroller to buy, I found Usenet and message board
posts by parents who seemed to have great fleets of strollers. I feel
we're being a tad excessive with three strollers to one child (plus a
toy stroller for Baby Doll), but I can justify them (a jogging
stroller, an umbrella stroller for the subway, and a standard stroller
for anywhere we walk).

I'm curious: what's your stroller-to-child ratio?

--
Sara, 2:1 until two days ago, now 3:1

Well! It's excessive!
1 silver cross pram. (must get it out now it's summer weather coming) Lovely
for walking round here.
1 silver cross wayfarer buggy (use from birth) Now put away for next child.
1 maclaren single stroller (use from 3 months)-the only one we bought new.
1 atlanta mothercare double buggy (we're selling it as it doesn't fit a 3yr
old in very well, and we've now bought...)
1 maclaren double buggy (I love it!)
Also 1 sit'n go buggy board
1 dolls pram/1dolls buggy/1 dolls double buggy.
This is for 2 children (3.5 and 0.5yrs) and goodness knows how many dolls!

Both the silver cross ones were given to us (2nd hand) and we initially
didn't plan on having any more. But... we don't have a car and I realized
how much more practical an umbrella stroller was for the bus. So we got one
in the sale-it's about half the weight and I don't regret it. Also because
we don't have a car occasionally we need to walk a long way on roads so
having 3.5yr old somewhere to sit (and strapped in) seemed necessary, so we
needed a double buggy.
The mothercare double buggy I got because we "needed" one, and it was the
only available 2nd hand (and only cost £20). Then I saw the maclaren one,
which is so much nicer (and not much more) at a sale. Dh's face when I
bought that back!!!
Most of the time at the moment #1 goes on the buggy board, #2 in the
stroller. If #1 gets tired enough to need the buggy then I'll put #2 in the
sling.

5:2 I guess.
Debbie

Old May 4th 04, 09:32 PM
Kari

4 strollers to 3 kids

1 Umbrella for when I travel
1 Graco that we bought with Kaylie - dont use it
1 Peg Perego Pliko (we use this one mostly, it has the footstand thingy for
Noah to stand on)
1 double jogger - I use it for when I walk/jog because I dont trust Noah to
not run into the road. Yes he's 5 but he's only 35lbs and he's small enough
to fit. And he likes it

Kari
mom to Kaylie (8) Noah (5) and Xander (7 mos)

Old May 4th 04, 09:33 PM
Cheryl S.

"Sara" wrote in message
I'm curious: what's your stroller-to-child ratio?

We have two umbrella strollers (they were freebies), one regular
stroller, one double stroller, and two kids, so 2:1. I'm planning to
get another one at a garage sale to leave at my IL's house for when we
visit. Then it will sort of be 5:2.
--
Cheryl S.
Mom to Julie, 3, and Jaden, 8 months