QUACK DISINFORMATION ABOUT MERCURY

Old March 14th 05, 10:49 PM
Mark Probert

"Ilena Rose" wrote in message
On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 16:46:03 -0500, Joel M. Eichen
wrote:

This is correct .. .there are seven or eight Ilena Rosenthals around

Nope Joelly ... just me ... and even if there were 10 gazillion Mark S
Probert's around ...

Ilena, you have yet to provide any proof that I am that person. The mere
fact that I have the same name and live in the same area is not proof, as
demonstrated by the fact that there are two people with my name in Virginia,
Utah and Florida, and in Virginia, there are two in Virginia Beach.

Old March 14th 05, 11:29 PM
Mark Probert

"Peter Moran" wrote in message

"Mark Probert" Mark wrote in message

"Peter Moran" wrote in message

"Jason" wrote in message
IIena Rose,
Thanks so much for digging up the data related to mercury from

various
sources. However, you should be aware that the people that believe

that
it
is safe to include mercury in vaccines and dental fillings have made

up
their minds on this subject and won't accept or believe any data that
supports an opposite of view. In other words, there attitude

is--"Don't
try to confuse me with the facts."

Mark was wrong, and many skeptics could have told him he was wrong, and

Mark
himself will admit he was wrong once he has checked the facts. This

is
phenomenon usually only seen in skeptics.

You are quite correct and I posted, hours ago, that I sit corrected.

Jason
raises strawmen all the time.

Actually, on further thought, you may be correct in one sense. Any
allergy may well be not to elemental mercury as such but to unusual
molecules produced by the binding of mercury to body proteins i.e. the
mercury acts as a haptene. . I am not sure how this could be
distinguished.

Neither do I. I relied on a comment by an MD who posts on another newsgroup.
I have found him to be accurate in the past.

I note the fanatical reaction of Jan where she just has got to have an
"allergic reaction" to Mercury. Merely having an adverse reaction is not
enough.

Peter mroan

I expect Jason to appologize as much as I expect Rosenthal to do so.

IOW,
am not holding my breath.

The lies and misunderstandings of anti-amalgamists, anti-vaccination
activists, and cancer quacks can be refuted daily and yet still be

recycled
over and over again. I will bet you any money you like that the wrong
melting point of mercury will be requoted here without comment within

the
next six months.

Peter Moran

I admit that I have this same point of view related to how I feel

about
mercury but it's now obvious that people that disagree with me will

never
admit that they also have this same point of view regarding their

beliefs.

In article , Ilena Rose
wrote:

Quack FLack and Disbarred NY Attorney Mark S Probert gave his

typical
disinformation:

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 09:35:26 -0500, "Mark Probert" Mark
gave his ignorant Quack 'opinion' ...

Remember, you cannot have an allergic reaction to Mercury.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Contact Dermatitis. 1993 Nov;29(5):258-61. Related Articles, Links

Comment in:
Contact Dermatitis. 1994 Sep;31(3):206.

Mercury allergy in a contact dermatitis clinic in Northern Ireland.

Handley J, Todd D, Burrows D.

Department of Dermatology, Royal Victoria Hospital, Belfast, N.
Ireland, UK.

441 consecutive patients (294 female, 147 male) with suspected

contact
dermatitis were patch tested to the European standard series,

mercury
metal (1% pet), ammoniated mercury (1% pet.), and mercuric chloride
(0.1% aq.). 14 patients (3.2%), 12 of whom were female, showed a
positive response to 1 or more mercury compounds; none reacted to
mercuric chloride alone. Primary sensitization was most likely due

either inoculation with vaccines containing merthiolate

preservatives
or amalgam dental restorations. Mercury allergy was of historical
clinical relevance in only 2 patients, both women who developed
gingivostomatitis following insertion of amalgam dental fillings. 1

of
these women subsequently developed allergic contact dermatitis from
contact lens solutions, shampoos and cosmetics which contained

mercury
preservatives. On the basis of these findings, we recommend patch
testing with both metallic mercury and ammoniated mercury in

patients
with suspected mercury allergy.

PMID: 8112066 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

--
NEWSGROUP SUBSCRIBERS MOTTO
We do NOT respect the subscribers that enjoy criticizing people.

Old March 14th 05, 11:50 PM
LadyLollipop

From ome who claims to anti amalgam

snip insults, lies, name calling and excuses

John Chewter

wrote:

[...]

mercuric chloride alone. Primary sensitization was most likely due to
either inoculation with vaccines containing merthiolate preservatives
or amalgam dental restorations. Mercury allergy was of historical
clinical relevance in only 2 patients, both women who developed
gingivostomatitis following insertion of amalgam dental fillings. 1 of
these women subsequently developed allergic contact dermatitis from
contact lens solutions, shampoos and cosmetics which contained mercury
preservatives. On the basis of these findings, we recommend patch
testing with both metallic mercury and ammoniated mercury in patients
with suspected mercury allergy.

PMID: 8112066 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

--
NEWSGROUP SUBSCRIBERS MOTTO
We do NOT respect the subscribers that enjoy criticizing people.

LL

Old March 15th 05, 12:10 AM
John Chewter

Ah

Another Jan has nothing to add but snips anyway post.

--
John Chewter
http://www.keyneimage.co.uk
"LadyLollipop" wrote in message
newsrpZd.68230$Ze3.59227@attbi_s51...
From ome who claims to anti amalgam

Old March 15th 05, 12:12 AM
LadyLollipop

"Jason" wrote in message
IIena Rose,
Thanks so much for digging up the data related to mercury from various
sources. However, you should be aware that the people that believe that
it
is safe to include mercury in vaccines and dental fillings have made up
their minds on this subject and won't accept or believe any data that
supports an opposite of view. In other words, there attitude is--"Don't
try to confuse me with the facts."

Mark was wrong, and many skeptics could have told him he was wrong, and
Mark himself will admit he was wrong once he has checked the facts. This
is a phenomenon usually only seen in skeptics.

The lies and misunderstandings of anti-amalgamists, anti-vaccination
activists, and cancer quacks can be refuted daily

That would be DENIED daily.

snip.

Peter Moran

In article , Ilena Rose
wrote:

[...]

===========

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/en**trez...e&d**b=PubMed&...

Sci Total Environ 1990 Dec 1;99(1-2):1-22 Related Articles,Links

Does mercury from amalgam restorations constitute a health hazard?

Weiner JA, Nylander M, Berglund F.

National Board of Occupational Safety and Health, Solna, Sweden.

Amalgam is the most extensively used implant material in dentistry. There
have been no clinical trials of this substance and there are no
epidemiological studies that allow any conclusions on the safety of amalgam
fillings. Amalgam restorations continuously emit mercury vapour, which is
absorbed in considerable quantities via the lungs. A comparison with
dose-effect relationships, obtained in occupational studies, for certain
effects on the kidneys and central nervous system (CNS), suggests that
individuals with unusually high emission of mercury from amalgam fillings
are at risk. It is unclear whether or not clinically significant effects
could be expected. The limited sensitivity of available occupational
studies, together with insufficient knowledge of possible host factors
affecting resistance to mercury, implies that other more severe effects in
susceptible individuals cannot be excluded. Information on long-term effects
on organs other than brain or kidney is sparse. Animal studies suggest the
possibility of immune system reactions to mercury, i.e. development of
autoimmunity, that are not primarily dose-dependent, but rather depend on
genetic susceptibility. From a toxicological point of view, amalgam is an
unsuitable material for dental restorations.

Publication Types:
Review
Review, Academic
PMID: 2270464 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Environmental medicine, part three: long-term effects of chronic low-dose
mercury exposure.

Crinnion WJ.

Healing Naturally, 11811 NE 128th St., Suite 202, Kirkland, WA 98034, USA.

Mercury is ubiquitous in the environment, and in our mouths in the form of
"silver" amalgams. Once introduced to the body through food or vapor,
mercury is rapidly absorbed and accumulates in several tissues, leading to
increased oxidative damage, mitochondrial dysfunction, and cell death.
Mercury primarily affects neurological tissue, resulting in numerous
neurological symptoms, and also affects the kidneys and the immune system.
It causes increased production of free radicals and decreases the
availability of antioxidants. It also has devastating effects on the
glutathione content of the body, giving rise to the possibility of increased
retention of other environmental toxins. Fortunately, effective tests are
available to help distinguish those individuals who are excessively burdened
with mercury, and to monitor them during treatment. Therapies for assisting
the reduction of a mercury load include the use of 2,3-dimercaptosuccinic
acid (DMSA) and 2,3-dimercato-1-propanesulfoni**c acid (DMPS). Additional
supplementation to assist in the removal of mercury and to reduce its
adverse effects is discussed.

Publication Types:
Review
Review, Tutorial
PMID: 10869102 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Summary Brief Abstract Citation MEDLINE ASN.1 XML/SGML LinkOut Related
Articles Protein Links Nucleotide Links Popset Links Structure Links
GenomeLinks OMIM Links Structure Domains Links

1: Stomatologiia (Mosk) 1997;76(4):9-11 Related Articles, Books
[Patterns of mercury release from amalgam fillings into the oral
cavity].[Article in Russian]Motorkina AV, Barer GM, Volozhin AI.

Seventy-five subjects aged 20 to 57 with 1 to 15 fillings of silver amalgam
were examined. The level of mercury vapors in the oral cavity was
assessedusing an AGP-01 device and the method developed by the authors.
Emission of mercury vapors in the oral cavity increased with the number of
fillings. The concentration of mercury in the oral cavity depends largely on
the number ofsilver amalgam fillings and less so on these fillings' length
of service.Adv Dent Res 1992 Sep;6:110-3

Related Articles, Books, LinkOut Side-effects: mercury contribution to body
burden from dental amalgam.Reinhardt JW.Department of Operative Dentistry,
University of Iowa College of Dentistry,Iowa City 52242.

The purpose of this paper is to examine and report on studies that relate
mercury levels in human tissues to the presence of dental amalgams, giving
special attention to autopsy studies. Until recently, there have been few
published studies examining the relationship between dental amalgams and
tissue mercury levels. Improved and highly sensitive tissue analysis
techniques have made it possible to measure elements in the concentration
range of parts per billion. The fact that mercury can be absorbed and reach
toxic levels in humantissues makes any and all exposure to that element of
scientific interest.

Dental amalgams have long been believed to be of little significance as
contributors to the overall body burden of mercury, because the elemental
form of mercury is rapidly consumed in the setting reaction of the
restoration.Studies showing measurable elemental mercury vapor release from
dental amalgams have raised renewed concern about amalgam safety.

Mercury vapor absorption occurs through the lungs, with about 80% of the
inhaled vapor being absorbed by the lungs and rapidly entering the
bloodstream. Following distribution by blood circulation, mercury can enter
and remain in certain tissues for longer periods of time, since the
half-life of excretion is prolonged. Two of the primary arget organs of
concern are the central nervous system and kidneys.

Publication Types: Review Review, Tutorial PMID: 1292449 [PubMed - indexed
for MEDLINE] 1: FASEB J 1990 Nov;4(14):3256-60 Related Articles, Books,
LinkOut

Comment in: FASEB J. 1991 Feb;5(2):236.

Whole-body imaging of the distribution of mercury released from dental
fillings into monkey tissues.Hahn LJ, Kloiber R, Leininger RW, Vimy MJ,
Lorscheider FL.Department of Radiology, University of Calgary, Faculty of
Medicine, Alberta,Canada.

The fate of mercury (Hg) released from dental "silver" amalgam tooth
fillings into human mouth air is uncertain. A previous report about sheep
revealed uptake routes and distribution of amalgam Hg among body tissues.
The present investigation demonstrates the bodily distribution of amalgam Hg
in a monkey whose dentition, diet, feeding regimen, and chewing pattern
closely resemble those of humans.

When amalgam fillings, which normally contain 50% Hg, are made with a tracer
of radioactive 203Hg and then placed into monkey teeth, the isotope appears
in high concentration in various organs and tissues within 4wk. Whole-body
images of the monkey revealed that the highest levels of Hg werel ocated in
the kidney, gastrointestinal tract, and jaw.

****The dental profession's advocacy of silver amalgam as a stable tooth
restorative material is not supported by these findings.****PMID:

2227216 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

1: Neurotoxicology 1983 Fall;4(3):201-4 Related Articles, Books,LinkOut

Mercury toxicity and dental amalgam.Wolff M, Osborne JW, Hanson AL.There is
adequate evidence that dental amalgam restorations, during and after
placement, results in the release of Hg into the patient's body. Whether the
Hg released from amalgam is due to placement procedures, surface abrasion,
orl ater corrosion breakdown, there is evidence that a low level Hg release
continues for years.

****It is generally agreed that if amalgam was introduced today as a
restorative material, they would never pass F.D.A. approval.****

With new and more accurate techniques of measuring Hg levels, especially in
tissue and blood, additional studies are necessary to relate blood-Hg levels
with dental amalgam restorations. Studies must relate existing restorations
as well as the placement of new restorations to body-Hg levels.

It is possible that we have accepted a potentially dangerous material as
being safe.

Publication Types: Historical Article PMID: 6361623

[PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

===============

Improvements in health from removal of amalgams

http://www.heart-disease-bypas*s-sur...ticles/63*.htm

Studies have demonstrated that the removal of dental mercury amalgam
fillings
can result in definitive and significant improvements in overall health
status.The Foundation for Toxic-Free Dentistry compiled data on 1,569
patients
from six different sources. Of particular interest in the FTFD analysis
report
isthe fact that 14% of patients experienced some form of allergic
symptomology
and that 89% reported that their condition had improved or was entirely
eliminated after removal of their silver/mercury dental amalgam
fillings.Systemic mercury toxicity appears to have a direct causal
relationship
to the development of allergic sensitivity to foods, chemicals and other
environmental factors.

Extrapolating the FTFD data to the approximately 140 million individuals
with
mercury dental amalgams in the U.S, there would be about 19.6million people
(14%) with mercury amalgam-related allergies, and, 89% or about17.4 million
people would experience the amelioration or disappearance of theirallergies
by
simply having their silver/ mercury dental amalgam fillings replaced with
non-mercury, hypoallergenic composite dental fillings.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/en*trez/...ve&d*b=PubMed&...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/en*trez/...ve&d*b=PubMed&...

We present a case of exercise-induced anaphylaxis with improvement following
the removal of dental amalgam. Although her symptoms were unresponsive to
various kinds of therapy until removal of the amalgam, her symptoms related
exercise improved remarkably after the removal. The increase in plasma
histamine levels for exercise provocation test also improved. This suggests
that sensitivity to metals might cause exercise-induced asthma in some
patients.

Headache and backache responded best to treatment, but all symptoms
showed
considerable improvement on average. Of the respondents, 78% reported that
they
were either satisfied or very satisfied with the results of treatment, and
9.5%
reported that they were disappointed.

http://www.home.earthlink.net/*~berniew1/index.html

I. DENTAL AMALGAM FILLINGS PAGE- documents high common mercury exposure
levels
from dental amalgam fillings; and common adverse health effects on people
and
dental staff; plus results of 60,000 clinical cases of significant
improvements
to chronic conditions after amalgam replacement and treatment- as followed
and
documented by doctors; plus environmental effects of amalgam that affect
everyone.
(over 1500 peer-reviewed medical study or Gov't Agency references
documenting
mechanisms by which mercury from amalgam causes over 30
chronic health conditions)

http://www.lichtenberg.dk/expe*rienc...m_removal.h*tm

http://www.lichtenberg.dk/symp*toms_...er_proper.h*tm

http://www.rmdentalcentre.com/*artic...rtid=4&catid=1

http://www.notdoctors.com/merc*fill.html

http://www.geocities.com/tooth*k/bernieref1.html

http://www.web-light.nl/AMALGA*M/EN/frame_r.html#V

http://www.positivehealth.com/*permi...rawfo*rd76.htm

http://www.web-light.nl/AMALGA*M/EN/frame_r.html#V

http://www.testfoundation.org/*amalgremove.htm

http://tinyurl.com/5ddzt

Altern Ther Health Med. 2000 Jul;6(4):49-55. Related Articles, Links

Results of dental amalgam removal and mercury detoxification using DMPS and
neural therapy.

Kidd RF.

Sixty consecutive patients who had undergone replacement of dental amalgam
fillings and a protocol of nutritional support and heavy metal
detoxification using dimercapto-propanyl-sulfate and neural therapy were
surveyed. A questionnaire was mailed to the patients and 42 responded,
resulting in a response rate of 70%. The reasons for undergoing treatment
were many, ranging from a patient's desire to avoid potential health
problems in the future to treatment of serious current disease. Although
medical diagnoses were made when possible before treatment, this survey
studied only the patients' estimations of their most distressing symptoms
and their evaluations of response to treatment. The most common complaints
were problems with memory and/or concentration; muscle and/or joint pain;
anxiety and insomnia; stomach, bowel, and bladder complaints; depression;
food or chemical sensitivities; numbness or tingling; and eye symptoms, in
descending order of frequency. The most distressing symptoms were headache
and backache, fatigue, and memory and concentration problems. Headache and
backache responded best to treatment, but all symptoms showed considerable
improvement on average. Of the respondents, 78% reported that they were
either satisfied or very satisfied with the results of treatment, and 9.5%
reported that they were disappointed.

PMID: 10895513 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

http://www.earthtym.net/merc-r*ecover2.htm

Old March 15th 05, 12:16 AM
Joel M. Eichen

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 00:11:25 +0000 (UTC), "John Chewter"
wrote:

Now answer the point Jan!

If it happens it will be the Miracle on 34TH Street ......

Old March 15th 05, 12:17 AM
Joel M. Eichen

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 00:12:51 GMT, "LadyLollipop"
wrote:

The lies and misunderstandings of anti-amalgamists, anti-vaccination
activists, and cancer quacks can be refuted daily

That would be DENIED daily.

snip.

Who in de-NILE?

Mercury and pregnancy Kevysmom Pregnancy 0 March 11th 05 02:08 PM
Mercury Damage to Babies Said Costs $8.7B Roman Bystrianyk Kids Health 16 March 3rd 05 01:50 PM
Our Prefered Poisoned Jan Kids Health 1 March 3rd 05 01:38 PM
The Not-So-Crackpot Autism Theory Ilena Rose Kids Health 31 February 12th 05 01:43 AM
Vaccine Mercury 'Likely' Damaged Thousands Of Children john Kids Health 9 September 20th 03 08:10 PM