First appointment...

Old April 26th 06, 04:02 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Default First appointment...

For some reason, I'm kind of scared. I really don't know why, though. I
have no reason at all to be scared about anything, and this is just my first
appointment with my OB that I've had now for 6 years and 3 pregnancies. I
like her a lot, but for some reason, I just don't want to go yet I don't
know why. My appointment is in half an hour. DD is still sleeping, but I
wake her up at 9am anyways, and that will give me more than enough time to
feed and dress her and get ready and take the trip down there, which is less
than 10 minutes away...
I'm passing off not wanting to go simply because I am really so tired and to
be honest, I have always *hated* going and waiting and waiting and waiting.
Then again, though, I am scheduled for the morning. I assume at 930 they
should still be running fairly close to schedule as it's pretty much first
thing in the morning (office opens at 9am) and I've never gone first thing
in the morning as early afternoons were easier for me when pg with DD.
Oh well. I doubt there'll be anything to worry about as there's really
nothing going on with me or anything that I believe needs to be done. I'm
still not wanting to go, though!
Anyways, I have my list of questions and all that, so I'm hoping all goes
well.

Old April 26th 06, 05:59 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

"xkatx" wrote in message news:dYL3g.3535$fH.2067@edtnps82...
For some reason, I'm kind of scared. I really don't know why, though. I
have no reason at all to be scared about anything, and this is just my
first appointment with my OB that I've had now for 6 years and 3
pregnancies. I like her a lot, but for some reason, I just don't want to
go yet I don't know why.

There should be a word out there (if there is I can't think of it) for the
fear of luck running out. When I was younger I did a lot of air travel (my
parents worked on other continents) and although I loved it at the time, I
now have a practically paralytic fear of flying. I really think it is an
irrational fear that my luck with flying has been used up.

Not sure if that's what's up with you, but it sounds like all your kids are
so well, maybe you are worried about this one. Which would be
understandable.

Anyways, I have my list of questions and all that, so I'm hoping all goes
well.

Hoping it all goes GREAT. (((HUGS)))

That said, I am trying not to worry myself, I am a worryer, and soon I will
meet my little boy and count his fingers and toes and all that. Telling
myself that every child is different, a new being, and special only works to
a certain extent...DH seems so much calmer in the face of all possibilities
than I am. No child is perfect, he says, and while I know what he means,
cannot fathom how he can accept it so completely.

Brigid
Joseph EDD May 8

Old April 26th 06, 08:17 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Default First appointment... (and update)

"Brigid" wrote in message
"xkatx" wrote in message
For some reason, I'm kind of scared. I really don't know why, though. I
have no reason at all to be scared about anything, and this is just my
first appointment with my OB that I've had now for 6 years and 3
pregnancies. I like her a lot, but for some reason, I just don't want to
go yet I don't know why.

There should be a word out there (if there is I can't think of it) for the
fear of luck running out. When I was younger I did a lot of air travel
(my parents worked on other continents) and although I loved it at the
time, I now have a practically paralytic fear of flying. I really think
it is an irrational fear that my luck with flying has been used up.

I hate flying as well No idea why, I just get extremely stressed out
just before and druing a flight. I'm not too fond of something so big
staying up in the middle of air

Not sure if that's what's up with you, but it sounds like all your kids
are so well, maybe you are worried about this one. Which would be
understandable.

I don't know. I'm so horrible... STILL haven't told any family. I'm kind
of using the excuse of a confirmation of yes for sure and all that? I'm
also looking for every excuse to avoid saying anything. I also had a dream
this morning. I had a shower and then passed out for about half an hour in
a half sleep on the bed still in a towel... I recall one part of the dream
of a car turning left and getting hammered by another car going straight.
Freaked me out, even after odd dreams seem to be common with me lately, but
maybe because I did see this happen (in my dream) and I *knew* it was going
to happen, and I'm not sure if I was watching myself or someone else. I've
had a few dreams like this, and one friend suggest getting into some
post-traumatic group of some sort, mainly because of that accident, which
was almost 3 months ago now. Been driving for almost 2 months since that
accident, yet I still have troubles with left hand turns
I've always worried since that first c-section. Was a horrible experience
for me, and maybe now even more so since I really don't get any sleep and
I'm up from 6am until midnight or even a bit later at times. My 'nap time'
is around 730-830 or so, if I can manage to sleep after taking DS to the
school bus in the morning until DD wakes up. The rest of the day, I'm sure
I over do it. I find I stress out about a lot of things lately... Maybe
it's a mix of everything, but I, for some reason, just didn't want to go. I
did, of course, but I just didn't want to. Made myself feel better about
going out by swinging through a Tim Horton's drive-thru for a sandwich and
soup

Anyways, I have my list of questions and all that, so I'm hoping all goes
well.

Hoping it all goes GREAT. (((HUGS)))

I think everything went great. DD behaved very well, which is a surprise as
I had thought she would be 'fun' to deal with sitting around the doc's
office. She sat nice on my lap in the waiting room, thankfully first thing
in the morning wasn't crazy busy so it went fast, and she was happy to
actually sit in one place on the floor in the room playing with a spoon and
her suckie (since she hates a soother in her mouth but loves to bang it
around or chew on it)
My weight, I think, is just fine. 153lbs, BP was good, although I didn't
ask as it's normally just fine. The nurse and doctor both came up with the
same EDD as I did (Nov. 4) and I am scheduled for an early u/s to confirm
dates on May 8. Have to change the time as I am NOT available afternoons to
lug a bunch of children around to an u/s which normally takes more than 2
minutes. I find it kind of odd, but it seems it's not uncommon for an early
u/s to confirm dates, and I was not given an early u/s with previous
pregnancies. This is the first one for date confirmation... Doc said she
wanted to send me for one to confirm dates because I had only stopped BFing
around November or so, not long after DD started to lose a lot of weight,
and I can't remember for sure, but I believe I was back with a cycle around
Christmas time. Since it's still early, it might be hard to detect
ovulation based on cycle so soon after getting back into the swing of that.
I know for sure when I had the last cycle, but again, she said it's quite
possible my body was still getting back into the swing of things.
I was given a perscription to help with not getting sick. I've been
throwing up fairly often - almost every time I brush my teeth, so it seems
that I've gone to brushing, puking, mouthwashing right after puking. Often,
out of nowhere, I feel like I'm going to throw up, and I feel almost like
gagging. I find if I spit a lot and swallow a lot in between spitting and
deep breaths, I can normally fight off the vomiting feeling. Can't remember
what the perscription is called, but I will look into it and see about
getting it.
She couldn't find a strong heartbeat, but she almost had one. Had a beat
for about a second, then it was a swishing sound of nothing. Doc said she
might not be able to get one so early, and if she did managed to find a
heartbeat, this thing could move about faster than she could She said
u/s would definitely pick up a heartbeat and would also confirm dates.

That said, I am trying not to worry myself, I am a worryer, and soon I
will meet my little boy and count his fingers and toes and all that.
Telling myself that every child is different, a new being, and special
only works to a certain extent...DH seems so much calmer in the face of
all possibilities than I am. No child is perfect, he says, and while I
know what he means, cannot fathom how he can accept it so completely.

Brigid
Joseph EDD May 8

DH is like that as well. He says, though, all babies are perfect in their
own way to every parent. Even that baby that you walk past and are shocked
to look at it because you just can't find it cute by any stretch of the
mind, he says that those babies' parents still know their baby is the most
perfect and beautiful baby around. Makes me, still, wonder if people look
at mine and think, "Oh! That baby is just hideous!" but they really say,
"Oh, how cute." and don't even mean it! lol
No disorders of any sort run on either side of the family. Twins don't
either, other than MIL has brothers that are twins. I'm in the clear for
that! I'm also to the understanding that there's a higher chance of a
disorder or multiples with women who are older. I'm far from being an older
mother... I don't know. Maybe, deep down, it comes down to fear of another
c-section, either scheduled or emergency.

Old April 27th 06, 10:50 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Hi,

You said: "Makes me, still, wonder if people look
at mine and think, "Oh! That baby is just hideous!" but they really
say,
"Oh, how cute." and don't even mean it! lol"

I think all babies are gorgeous...never seen a hideous one... ;D

I love babies, glad that I have one now...still considering to have
another one next year...

Btw, I always liked to go to my OB when I was pregnant. That way, I
could see my baby through the screen!

cheers,
nina
http://www.lipblogs.com/asweetnectarwomb/

Old April 27th 06, 04:14 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

You said: "Makes me, still, wonder if people look
at mine and think, "Oh! That baby is just hideous!" but they really
say,
"Oh, how cute." and don't even mean it! lol"

I think all babies are gorgeous...never seen a hideous one... ;D

To be honest, when I was younger, I was never really a baby person. I
didn't care much for babies at all - all they really did was poop and cry
and that was really all I saw! I have younger brothers - 3 and 6 years
younger than I am, and I just loved my brothers, but as far as other babies,
and when I was older, I didn't care much for them. I had 2 regular families
that I baby sat for, and they were both friends of my family. I was never
the regular babysitter, and I didn't care to venture off to get more
babysitting jobs. I just wasn't a baby, even kid person!
Then I had my own, and I started to just adore babies, and I thought there
could not be an ugly baby - until, that is, my friend had her baby 8 days
after DS2 was born, and I took off from school early to go see her in the
hospital when the class got the news - she just so happened to have her baby
during our prenatal/new mom's class at school.
Her son was only a few hours old when I saw him first, and my first, initial
reaction was, "Oh!!! Yikes!!!!!" but all I said was, "Aww... He's cute!"
and in my mind I thought, well, he was just born, so really, it's alright
for him to look odd and not really cute (it's actually sometimes hard for me
to find a brand new baby to be adorable, that, for me, seems to take at
least 12-24 hours - once they get their nice color, their head goes to a
normal shape in some cases, they look less 'new' and more like adorable
baby)
I thought for sure in a few days when she came back to class he'd be just as
cute as every other baby, but I didn't find he did. He wasn't
necessarily ugly or scary looking, he was just kind of odd looking and not
all that cute. I think it was his big, fat head and odd shaped forehead...
She moved away when my DS and her DS were around 5 months old, and she came
to visit around Christmas (babies would have been around 11 months old at
this time) and I was shocked to see he looked exactly the same. She sent me
family pictures last year or so, when he was about 4, and he's a lot cuter
now. He looks like a cute little boy, and I think it's because he has hair
now and it makes him look like a little boy, not so much like a giant
foreheaded, brain exploding headed baby.

I love babies, glad that I have one now...still considering to have
another one next year...

Nothing seems to beat our own babies, of course! I swore I'd never have
kids of my own while growing up, but when we found out we were pg, and at a
really, really young age (almost TOO young) I had so many doubts in my mind
but now I don't regret a thing, and we're on #4 - although this WILL be the
last! ...Coming from someone who didn't like babies, swore to never have a
single one, didn't care much to babysit or play with babies or small
children... They're fun, and when they get older, you can make them do the
dishes and vacuum. Then you can also charge them rent LOL

Btw, I always liked to go to my OB when I was pregnant. That way, I
could see my baby through the screen!

My OB doesn't have any way of seeing the baby, other than sending you for an
u/s... We tried to get a heartbeat, but I had a feeling it might have been
too early still... There's just too much room still for something so small
to swim away from where you want it to be. I was, though, glad she had
picked up a heartbeat for just a second before not being able to find it
again. Silly thing. I can't wait for the u/s... With DD, I came home to
tell DH that the baby is not normal at all - it looks just like him, and the
doctor said so herself Then, when DD was born, she looked sooo much like
DH that I was almost upset, but then I figured he could finally have one
that looks like him - DS1 is an exact spitting image of me, and DS2 is a
dark haired, dark eyed, dark skinned me. DD looks so much like DH, but she
has the fat cheeks that seem to run in my family with babies. So I say
she's a chipmunk version of DH.

Old April 27th 06, 05:34 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

"Joybelle" wrote in message

"xkatx" wrote in message
newsd54g.6033$b63.4905@clgrps13...

Then I had my own, and I started to just adore babies, and I thought
there
could not be an ugly baby - until, that is, my friend had her baby 8 days
after DS2 was born, and I took off from school early to go see her in the
hospital when the class got the news - she just so happened to have her

baby
during our prenatal/new mom's class at school.

Ah, see, to me, all babies are cute and adorable despite how funny-looking
they might be. It's like those hairless, wrinkly newborn animals.
They're
so ugly they're cute.

[...]

Baby #4 looked a lot like his siblings when he was born, but I immediately
saw a resemblence to his dad. All the nurses in the NICU would comment
how
much he looked like me, and my response was, "Don't let those chubby
cheeks
fool you, he looks like his dad!" I have lovely chubby cheeks. LOL
Anyway, 7 months down the road, he definitely looks like his dad and it's
frequently acknowledged. He still has chubby cheeks, but his features
like
dad are standing out more.

DD was definitely born looking more like her dad, and holding her baby
pictures against his at around the same age, she looks like a chubby cheek
version of him, who had more of a longer, slimmer face. His friends, my
friends, and family on both sides always said that she looks like him pretty
much from the day she was born. Last couple months or so, my best friend
has said she's starting to look more like me. I still see more of DH On
Saturday, though, we were at the chiropractor's office, and the receptionist
said, while DH was holding DD, "Boy, do you look like your mom!" - that was
actually the first (and only) time I've ever heard that!

--
Joy

Rose 1-99
Iris 2-01
Spencer 3-03
Grant 9-05 www.caringbridge.org/visit/grantphilip

Old April 27th 06, 08:02 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

There should be a word out there (if there is I can't think of it) for the
fear of luck running out. When I was younger I did a lot of air travel (my
parents worked on other continents) and although I loved it at the time, I
now have a practically paralytic fear of flying. I really think it is an
irrational fear that my luck with flying has been used up.

That's exactly how I feel about certain things and I could never have
expressed it as well as you have :-) Thank you

xkatx - how did the appointment go ?
PK

Old April 28th 06, 12:36 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

"PK" wrote in message
ups.com...

There should be a word out there (if there is I can't think of it) for
the
fear of luck running out. When I was younger I did a lot of air travel
(my
parents worked on other continents) and although I loved it at the time,
now have a practically paralytic fear of flying. I really think it is an
irrational fear that my luck with flying has been used up.

That's exactly how I feel about certain things and I could never have
expressed it as well as you have :-) Thank you

xkatx - how did the appointment go ?
PK

I think it went fine. I have a perscription to help with not feeling so
great... I was throwing up a lot at the very beginning, but I brushed it
aside and figured it was because I had some kind of cold going on and was
coughing a lot. Now, the coughing has been gone for quite some time, yet
every now and then I start to gag and only sometimes can fight off the urge
to throw up... I do throw up often when brushing my teeth, so now I have a
perscription for something - can't remember what it's called.
I'm scheduled for an u/s to determine dates. Never had this before with the
other 3, so I dunno. Maybe since it happened real soon after I had stopped
bfing completely, and although cycle came back around Christmas time, OB
said it's possible to still not be sure of ovulation and all that. Anyways,
that's for May 8.
Couldn't find a good, strong heartbeat, but doc said that wasn't at all
uncommon so early. She said right from the start she'd try, but wasn't sure
if she could get one. She had a slight match and heard about a second or so
of a heartbeat, but then it must have moved around and went into hiding, I
guess.
I'm glad, though, that I don't need any of those pap smears or anything like
that - she said I was good for all those checks and tests, and since
nothing's really changed, I guess everything's fine.
I guess I'm waiting for this u/s on the 8th, just to determine dates and all
that. I'm hoping I can reschedule that for the AM, rather than 130 in the
afternoon, which is right when we normally have lunch, as DS comes home from
school at 12:30 or so... And no, I don't care to lug all the kids with me
for this, I know it will be enough of a challenge dragging DD to it
Anyways, first appointment was fairly uneventful. lol

Old April 28th 06, 03:49 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Too bad that ur OB doesn't have it. Is she working in a hospital or
private clinic?

Well, a heartbeat is enough to at least know that it exists...swimming
in your belly...

;D keep posting...

cheers,