I knew it was coming--Drugging pre-schoolers

Old October 25th 06, 04:30 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.headlines,talk.politics.medicine,misc.kids.health
Jan Drew

Default I knew it was coming--Drugging pre-schoolers

http://toronto.fashion-monitor.com/n...02304ADHD-Drug

ADHD Drug Safe and Effective for Pre-Schoolers

Excerpts:

Investigators warn, however, that 3- to 5-year-olds with ADHD appear more
sensitive to the drug's side effects, which include irritability, insomnia
and weight loss, than are older children with ADHD and require closer
monitoring.

Children who took the drug also experienced somewhat slower growth rates.

Methylphenidate is the most widely prescribed drug for the treatment of ADHD
in children but is not approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
for use in children younger than 6.

About 11 percent of those enrolled in the ADHD study experienced side
effects severe enough to drop out. These included weight loss, anxiety, skin
picking, mood disturbances and insomnia.

More than 4.4 million children in the United States have ADHD, according to
estimates by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Old October 25th 06, 02:55 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.headlines,talk.politics.medicine,misc.kids.health
vernon

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Oh, come on Jan. We can't have children running around acting like
children. It disturbs our nap time and telephone conversations.
There was a time when a large percentage of children in a public store were
in harnesses. They called that cruelty. Now they just poison the kids.
The "harnessed" kids almost invariably turned out to be above average by mid
teens.

Old October 25th 06, 02:58 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.headlines,talk.politics.medicine,misc.kids.health
Sir Arthur C.B.E. Wholeflaffers A.S.A.

Jan Drew wrote:
[...]

This is sad : The Proby-Wright-Ann crowd are dancing in the streets
about this mass-drugging of our most vulnerable population. Their
goal: domestic Armageddon; the total destruction of the USA.

The ture Patriots and Constitution-promoters, such as ourselves, can
never allow this to happen. All people must stand up now and just say
NO to drugging our children. It's either that or total annihilation.

Thanks for this update, now it's time to active and save America for
honest, hard-working, decent folks!

Old October 25th 06, 05:58 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.headlines,talk.politics.medicine,misc.kids.health
john

"Vernon" anere@anhere wrote in message
m...

Oh, come on Jan. We can't have children running around acting like
children. It disturbs our nap time and telephone conversations.
There was a time when a large percentage of children in a public store
were in harnesses. They called that cruelty. Now they just poison the
kids. The "harnessed" kids almost invariably turned out to be above
average by mid teens.

Quite, and it makes them all into drug users so we can make some money on
that as well later on

Old October 25th 06, 06:39 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.headlines,talk.politics.medicine,misc.kids.health
D. C. Sessions

In message , Vernon wrote:

Oh, come on Jan. *We can't have children running around acting like
children. *It disturbs our nap time and telephone conversations.
There was a time when a large percentage of children in a public store were
in harnesses. *They called that cruelty. *Now they just poison the kids.
The "harnessed" kids almost invariably turned out to be above average by mid
teens.

Which (had anyone actually read the original article) would have
been much less likely had they been left to continue the same
behaviors.

Posting this to ASAD has the charming benefit of bringing in a
host of people who have actual first-hand experience of the
difference between ADHD and neurotypical children.

--
begin signature.exe
A:*Because*it*messes*up*the*order*in*which*people* normally*read*text.
Old October 25th 06, 07:04 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.headlines,talk.politics.medicine,misc.kids.health
Max C.

Jan Drew wrote:
[...]

This is a subject near and dear to my heart. So much so that a few
years ago I wrote a short paper to help parents get their children off
of such drugs. The paper has been very successful... and because of my
effort of only a few days of collecting information nad summarizing it,
several children are now drug free. The basics are really very easy.

1 - get your child off of refined foods... ESPECIALLY sodas, fruit
juices and anything with artificial colors or flavors.

2 - increase the child's omega 3 fat intake. This can be done with n3
supplements like flax or cod liver oil or you can shift the food they
eat to properly fed animal foods which naturally have higher n3 levels.

3 - increase fat soluble vitamin intake and B vitamins.

4 - eliminate trans fats. (just all around good advice... not just for
ADD/ADHD.)

There are other things that can help, but these 4 items are a must.
Most parents that are willing to take the time to follows these
suggestions are amazed at how quickly they see a change in their
children.

I have a 6 year old daughter. I can *always* tell when she's had
something to eat (usually at school) that she shouldn't have had.
She's not her normal, calm self. When I ask her what she had to eat
that day, it's always something that doesn't fit with the above plan.

Max.

Old October 25th 06, 07:27 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.headlines,talk.politics.medicine,misc.kids.health
vernon

"Max C." wrote in message
oups.com...

Jan Drew wrote:
[...]

Oh, come on, they might cry and need to be drugged.

2 - increase the child's omega 3 fat intake. This can be done with n3
supplements like flax or cod liver oil or you can shift the food they
eat to properly fed animal foods which naturally have higher n3 levels.

But, but, but it ain't candy or it isn't what joey eats.

3 - increase fat soluble vitamin intake and B vitamins.

4 - eliminate trans fats. (just all around good advice... not just for
ADD/ADHD.)

There are other things that can help, but these 4 items are a must.
Most parents that are willing to take the time to follows these
suggestions are amazed at how quickly they see a change in their
children.

I have a 6 year old daughter. I can *always* tell when she's had
something to eat (usually at school) that she shouldn't have had.
She's not her normal, calm self. When I ask her what she had to eat
that day, it's always something that doesn't fit with the above plan.

Max.

It wasn't too long ago that was common knowledge.

Old October 25th 06, 08:26 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.headlines,talk.politics.medicine,misc.kids.health
Jan Drew

"Max C." wrote in message
oups.com...

Jan Drew wrote:
[...]

Thank You, Max for this intering info. Very true.

Old October 25th 06, 11:13 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.headlines,talk.politics.medicine,misc.kids.health
vernon

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
. ..

"Max C." wrote in message
oups.com...

Jan Drew wrote:
[...]

Intering?

Just kidding :)

Old October 25th 06, 11:56 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.headlines,talk.politics.medicine,misc.kids.health
Mark Probert

Vernon wrote:

[...]

Oh, come on QQQ. We can't have children running around acting like
children.

Vernon, if they are merely acting like children, they do not have AD/HD.
If you knew the diagnostic criteria, you would know why.

My 12 year kid had lot of cough, lot of mucus coming out, what was the reason? [email protected] General 9 June 5th 05 03:16 PM
Trying to understand - some personal issues based on experience Stuart Magpie Spanking 4 August 4th 04 11:15 AM
The horror stories keep coming and keep getting worse wexwimpy Foster Parents 0 June 1st 04 09:55 AM
At 3:22 am mom & son nancy Pregnancy 1 December 20th 03 06:57 PM
You Knew This ONe Was Coming - MKA Toothpaste Wavy G General 5 August 26th 03 09:16 PM