advice please

Old June 4th 05, 10:14 PM
Melania

april and stewart wrote:
Im really suffering with sore boobs in this pregnancy especially at night
after I have taken my bra off so is it OK to wear a bra at all times day and
night or not?

I wore an old cotton nursing bra that had seen better days. It gave
medium support, wasn't constricting, and is what I wear at night now
that I'm nursing again. Sleeping braless during pregnancy or bfing is
an impossibility for me.

Melania

Old June 4th 05, 11:35 PM
Amy

april and stewart wrote:

Thanks for your adivce. I have been really lazy today and not bothered to
even get dressed LOL. I had a bath then stuck a clean pair of PJs on and a
bra but then im being soft on myself today as I have quit smoking so am
having to deal with withdrawal symtoms so I dont plan on going out anyway.
Its only baby thats keeping me having a smoke its killing me but apprarantly
baby does not get stressed over me being stressed and agitated...baby just
gets to breath better so for now im staying quit for baby.

Good girl!!! I know how hard it is - I quit last August, just before I
got pregnant. Sometimes you just feel like you're going to lose your
mind, don't you? Using the patch really helped me, but I have no idea
if it's ok for pregnancy or not. If your doctor okays it, put it on
your butt, rather than on your arm. I think nicotine is fat soluable
or something, because it seemed to work a lot better when I put it
there than when it was on my arm. And it really took the edge off of
the cravings. Be careful wearing it at night, though, it gave me
wicked nightmares.

Brushing my teeth helped, too. So did looking at pictures of
low-birth-weight babies - because it helps to be able to SEE the reason
why you're doing it. Eating carrot sticks helped sometimes, although
not so much. It isn't an oral thing with me, it's more of a
something-to-do-with-my-hands thing, so I'd ditz with a pen or
something, just to have something to do.

Make sure that your DH quits, too, if he smokes, because nothing's
harder than trying to quit when you're around it all the time - and the
baby will be healthier with TWO non-smoking parents.

Bravo! When you get to one week, buy yourself something really pretty.
When you get to one month, buy yourself something expensive and
pretty. When you get to one year, buy yourself jewelry!

Good luck, and hang in there!
Amy

Old June 15th 05, 02:15 AM
carl jones

"april and stewart" wrote in message

Remember.... those cravings *WILL* subside, whether you smoke or not!
That thought always helped me work through the worst of them.

Nan

I know that ill just feel worse and really guilty if I give in to a smoke
so
im not going to baby more important than nicotine

13 hours, 36 minutes and 11 seconds. 11 cigarettes not smoked, saving
£2.55.
Life saved: 55 minutes.

Congratulations on not smoking!! I quit about 15 years ago and I have never
looked back. Now the smell of smoke disgusts me.
Good vibs for your baby!

Carl