Chores vs(??) doing what needs to be done

Old July 18th 05, 03:29 AM
dragonlady

In article ,
Banty wrote:

Mind, I'm not saying folks here using spreadsheets are a bad thing, or
unecessary, or anything like that - it certainly would have more power at
least
potentially than what I do! It's just that, I woudln't a thunk it - so many
people out there using spreadsheets for grocery lists! I do use spreadsheets
for Xmas lists and to plan for the upcoming rather extensive remodels on my
home. For the remodel, I can plan for materials costs using some forumlas,
make notes, and use subtotalling, and watch the running totals. For the Xmas
list, it's a matter of just having a place for a list that gets made slowly
over
the year as I think of something, and not losing it. But a grocery list?
One
advantage to a paper list is that other family member(s) can add to it
anytime.
Although we *could* make use of our wireless networking to keep a common
spreadsheet.

Our "list" in the computer has items with boxes in front, and we just
stick a check mark in front if we need it -- plus there are blank lines
in each section for anything we might want to add that isn't "standard".

So I print it out and stick it on the fridge.

When we're using it -- these days, only when we have extra people
staying in the house.

Old July 18th 05, 05:44 PM
Barbara Bomberger

In article ,
Banty wrote:

[...]

My "spreadsheet" is the same that I use for stocking the rest of the
house.

In my case I use the pantry system for everything. I print out the
spreadshet once it is refined so that we can write on it.

I am NOT one of those people who is willing to run to the store to get
eggs when one has decided to make chocolate chip cookies, or another
thing. I have a master list that has been rfined from one on the web
of everything we use in terms of food. Every so often we do an
inventory and then go shopping.

I dont do all my shopping on a weekly basis, I only buy dairy
products, some meats and produce on a weekly basis or less. In
between I stock once a month (when I was in the states with four loss
leader stores near me I shopped slightly differently, then I only
bought the loss leaders, milk and produce weekly). We cook a huge
variety of foods and only from scratch for the most part which means
we need a fully stocked pantry in every sense of the word.

AGain, I also use the pantry method for every section of my house - be
it socks for my son, pany hose for me or whatever. I dont like going
into stores, and I buy those things few and far between. I keep the
exras on shelves in the guest room. So I have a pretty good inventory
of consumables in the house.

As my fabric stash keeps growing, I keep thinking I should make an
inventory for that.

Barb

Division of chores? Keira Solutions 3 March 4th 05 12:40 AM
Household chores Marlene delete>[email protected]> General 2 July 22nd 04 01:31 AM
Children and Chores for Sue Marie General 81 June 3rd 04 03:22 PM
chores? lm Single Parents 25 May 4th 04 05:13 PM
Personal space Sue General 32 August 1st 03 09:48 PM