advice please

Old April 24th 06, 07:44 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Default advice please

Hi there
Firstly congrats to all new mums and mums to be!!
I have lurked and occasionally posted on this newsgroup for ages.
I currently have 3 children and I am starting to plan for my 4th. My other
3 children were not planned and as such I have no real idea what I should be
doing to prepare myself or find out when is the best time physically to try.
I am getting married in August so I don't want to get pregnant before then
as I am determined to be able to fit into my lovely dress!!
My cycle is rather irregular as I have only recently - 6 months ago stopped
using the DEPO injection as a form of contraception.
All advice greatly appreciated.
Clair

Old April 24th 06, 09:07 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

"Clair Pepper" wrote in message
Hi there
Firstly congrats to all new mums and mums to be!!
I have lurked and occasionally posted on this newsgroup for ages.
I currently have 3 children and I am starting to plan for my 4th. My
other 3 children were not planned and as such I have no real idea what I
should be doing to prepare myself or find out when is the best time
physically to try. I am getting married in August so I don't want to get
pregnant before then as I am determined to be able to fit into my lovely
dress!!
My cycle is rather irregular as I have only recently - 6 months ago
stopped using the DEPO injection as a form of contraception.
All advice greatly appreciated.
Clair

Hi Clair!
Main thing I did was to chart my temperature to see when abouts I ovulated.
I'm fairly irregular, but that really helped me to find out about my cycle.
Unless you do pregnancy a lot better than me(!!) then I'd suggest perhaps
not trying before you're married as you don't want to throw up over the
wedding breakfast!
Other thing I did was take folic acid. Some people recommend 3 months
before, but I didn't do it that far in advance. If you've had any history of
spina bifida, or signs of spina bifida (like club foot) in the family then
you might like to check with the doctor whether you should be taking extra
folic acid.
Might get your rubella immunity checked. The jab wears off after a time, so
it is worth checking.
Good luck with the wedding and ttc.
Debbie

Old April 24th 06, 10:17 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

I think the key thing is just to be as fit and healthy as possible. I had
some joint trouble in my first pregnancy, particularly from an old back
injury, so before getting pregnant again, I made a real effort in the gym,
to be in as good shape as possible. It really really helped, I barely had a
twinge from that back injury the whole pregnancy (though blow me I cracked a
vertebrae in the same spot 6 weeks after the birth). Similarly eating a good
diet has got to be a good thing. The time will help your cycle regulate and
maybe you will get a honeymoon baby!

Anne

PS take folic acid, if you think whatever method you are currently using is
unreliable, then start now, otherwise, no need to start until you start
trying.

Anne

Old April 25th 06, 11:52 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Clair Pepper writes:
: Hi there
: Firstly congrats to all new mums and mums to be!!
: I have lurked and occasionally posted on this newsgroup for ages.
: I currently have 3 children and I am starting to plan for my 4th. My other
: 3 children were not planned and as such I have no real idea what I should be
: doing to prepare myself or find out when is the best time physically to try.
: I am getting married in August so I don't want to get pregnant before then
: as I am determined to be able to fit into my lovely dress!!
: My cycle is rather irregular as I have only recently - 6 months ago stopped
: using the DEPO injection as a form of contraception.
: All advice greatly appreciated.
: Clair

I thought the suggestions on folic acid and temps were excellent.
I would also caution that coming off of depo, you might not expect
to get pregnant quickly. Sometime fertility returns slowly.
Larry