Policy Assessment Announcement: TEST GROUP misc.kids.family-life

Old January 29th 04, 12:37 AM
just me

Default Policy Assessment Announcement: TEST GROUP misc.kids.family-life

This is to let you know that there is currently a policy assessment going on
in the group misc.kids.family-life. If you would like to check out the
discussion (or the group) please feel welcome. You need not be a regular
poster to ask a question or express an opinion. Any issue you want can be
raised. Just please, if it has to do with the running of the group, put a
[MOD] tag in the subject line.

The group is lightly moderated (for civility but not subject) but designed
to be self governing. These assessments are one of the ways that people will
be able to make some of the changes they want to see.

It is important to point out that the group is currently being hosted on a
private site ( www.gweep.ca ) and is not an official member of the Usenet
"big eight" like the rest of the misc.kids groups with which you are
familiar. It is in a "testing" stage right now and, hopefully, will
eventually be successful in joining the big-8.

You can read it either as an e-mail mailing list or as you do other
newsgroups on your browser. To find the group you can plug "news.gweep.ca"
in as the news server in your newsreader program and search for the name in
the list (which is not that long). More detailed instructions for reading it
like a newsgroup using different software follows my sig.

To learn more about the group, read past archives, and sign up for the
e-mail list go he
http://tinyurl.com/82cs

Posted by Aula DeWitt, proponent and moderator for misc.kids.family-life
test group