MMR Vaccine Contaminated by Janine Roberts

Old August 29th 08, 02:51 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology,sci.med.nursing,uk.people.health
JOHN

Default MMR Vaccine Contaminated by Janine Roberts

Written by Janine Roberts
Monday, 18 August 2008 01:37

extract from her book "Fear of the Invisible."
http://www.whale.to/a/roberts_b.html

Jackie and John Fletcher said I should post up some of my research in my
book - It's just been published on Amazon and it looks at the basic research
underlying vaccination....

Here is part of what I have written about MMR... In an earlier chapter I
explained that all the viruses that exist are made by cells - both healthy
and ill cells - so when they need viruses for a vaccine, they get cells from
monkeys, chicken embryoes etc and put these in an incubator. These cells are
called the vaccine "substrate" - the vaccine is drawn from the incubator,
filtered so nothing bigger than viruses remain in it and then given to our
children... the problem is - lots of things are smaller than viruses... read
on...

MMR Vaccine Contaminated

A year after I met with the top government regulatory scientists at the NIH
Emergency Workshop on SV40 in 1997, they met again in Washington for another
workshop on vaccine safety. At this there were representatives of all the
major US government health organisations and of the vaccine manufacturers. A
third similar meeting would be held a year later in 1999.

The main issue at the November 1998 meeting was whether or not it would be
safe for manufacturers to produce the viruses needed for vaccines from
cancer cells. Pharmaceutical companies were at that time seeking government
approval for this, on the basis that cancerous cells, as â?~immortal' and
permanent, would be cheaper to use than cells they had to regularly replace
by, for example, buying more monkeys.

These workshops looked at the issue broadly, by comparing the safety of the
different ways available for making our vaccines. As everyone present was a
scientist, the discussions were much more open and frank than they are when
journalists are present.

They started with the Measles, Mumps and Rubella vaccine (MMR). One of the
first speakers on this was from the federal Food and Drugs Agency (FDA) and
what she had to report was very disturbing.

â?~Today I would like to present an update on the reverse transcriptase [RT]
activity that is present in chicken cell derived vaccines.' My attention was
immediately grabbed. I knew that the mumps and measles viruses used for the
MMR vaccine are grown in fertilised chicken eggs, as are also the viruses
for the Flu and Yellow Fever vaccines. (The rubella virus for MMR is
produced differently - in artificially grown cells taken originally from an
aborted human foetus.)

Dr, Khan was reporting the result of a just concluded two-year investigation
into the safety of MMR led by the World Health Organisation. She explained
that this was initiated in 1996 after the discovery in MMR of RT; an enzyme
whose presence they believed could well indicate that retroviruses had
contaminated the vaccine. This had greatly alarmed them as some retroviruses
are thought to cause cancers - and AIDS.

WHO had then quietly, without telling the public, without withdrawing the
vaccine, organised MMR safety studies at various laboratories to see
â?~whether this RT activity was associated with a retroviral particle, and
even more importantly, whether this retrovirus particle could infect and
replicate in human cells.'

What they then discovered confirmed their worse fears. Dr Khan continued:
â?~The RT activity is found to be associated with retroviral particles of
two distinct avian endogenous retroviral families designated as EAV and
ALV.' Now ALV stands for Avian Leukosis Virus. It is associated with a
leukaemia cancer found in wild birds, so definitely was not wanted in the
vaccines. EAV was however less dangerous, at least for birds as it is
natural for them to have it.

Khan added that they had also found another possible danger; â?~There was a
theoretical possibility that the virus [ALV] could ... infect the [human]
cell' thus integrating its genetic code â?~into the human DNA' to cause
cancer. The only reassurance she could give was that her team had watched
vaccine cultures for a full â?~48 hours', and, in that time period, no
merger of viral and human DNA had been observed. I thought this much too
short a period to guarantee safety. Cancers develop over years.

Dr Khan then warned; â?~there is a possibility that there could also be
potential pseudotypes (merging between) ... the measles vaccine virus and
the retroviral sequences' - meaning there was a risk that bird viruses might
combine with the measles virus in the vaccine to create dangerous new mutant
viruses, They had not seen it, but it could happen.

She acknowledged much longer term safety studies were needed than 48 hours,
but said that long-term studies of measles vaccine cultures were very
difficult: â?~because the measles vaccine virus itself lyses [kills] the
culture in about three to four days.' This had prevented them from studying
the longer-term consequences of this contamination of the MMR vaccine.

So far, she added, they had only managed to analyse a small part of the
retrovirus contamination in the vaccines. â?~Our ongoing studies are
directed towards doing similar analysis' of other retroviral genetic codes
found in the vaccine preparations.' It was suspected that other retroviruses
might also be present. She also noted that â?~about 20 years ago similar RT
activity was reported' in the vaccine. Apparently nothing had been done
about it at that time and the public were never told.

She concluded by explaining what the World Health Organisation (WHO) had
decided to do about this chicken leucosis virus (ALV) contamination. It
would take the risk of quietly allowing MMR to continue to be contaminated.
It would permit vaccine manufacturers to continue to use retrovirus
contaminated eggs, because â?~you cannot get ALV free flocks in places where
you are making yellow fever vaccine.'

Dr Andrew Lewis, head of the DNA Virus Laboratory in the Division of Viral
Products, then warned. â?~All the egg-based vaccines are contaminated,'
including â?~influenza, yellow fever and smallpox vaccines, as well as the
vaccine for horses against encephalomyelitis virus' for â?~these fertilised
chicken eggs are susceptible to a wide variety of viruses.'

This was an eye opener for me. Before I started on this investigation, if I
thought about it, I would have presumed our vaccines were made of selected
viruses in sterile fluid to which a small amount of preservative chemicals
has been added. I think this is what most parents presume.

It was thus a shock to discover from this top-level scientific workshop that
the viruses in our current vaccines are not in a sterile fluid as I had
presumed, but in a soup of unknown bits and pieces, a veritable witches'
brew of DNA fragments, added chemicals, proteins and, even possibly prions
and oncogenes, all of which would easily pass through the filters used to be
injected into our children.

Our vaccines, I thus learnt, are not filtered clean but are suspensions from
the manufacturers' â?~incubation tanks' in which the viruses are produced
from â?~substrates' of mashed bird embryo, minced monkey kidneys or cloned
human cells. These suspensions are filtered before use but only to remove
particles larger than viruses. The point of the vaccine is that it contains
viruses, thus these must not be filtered out. This means there remains in
the vaccine everything of the same size or smaller, including what the
manufacturers call â?~degradation products' - parts of decayed viruses or
cells.

I also learnt that the only official checks made for contaminants in
vaccines are for a few known pathogens, thus ignoring a vast host of
unknown, unstudied, small particles and chemicals. These eminent doctors
reported at these vaccine safety meetings that it is simply impossible to
remove these from our common vaccines - and this would of course also apply
to vaccines for pets, farm animals and birds.

I went to the published reports of the MMR manufacturers and found these
confirmed what the scientists at this workshop had reported. A manufacturer
stated in 2000 that it made the MMR vaccine with â?~harvested virus fluids.'
It stated frankly that their â?~Measles vaccine bulk is an unpurified
product whose potency was measured through a biological assay for the active
substance rather than through evaluation of integrity of physical form.
Degradation products are neither identified nor quantified.' In other words,
it left the latter in the measles vaccine along with all contaminants that
lay there quietly, or worked slowly. The pharmaceutical company admitted
checking the measles vaccine only for obviously active contaminates. It did
not measure how much the vaccine was polluted with genetic code fragments,
other viruses, or with parts of bacterial, animal, bird or human cells.

The latest information I could find on the retroviral contamination of the
MMR vaccine was in a 2001 scientific paper from the CDC. This reported that
100 MMR recipients were tested to see if they were contaminated by either of
the two types of retroviruses identified by Dr Khan and others. The
conclusion was dramatic. â?~The finding of RT activity in all measles
vaccine lots from different manufacturers tested suggests that this
occurrence is not sporadic and that vaccine recipients may be universally
exposed to these [chicken] retroviral particles.'

They then concluded: â?~Despite these reassuring data, the presence of avian
retroviral particles in chick embryo fibroblast-derived vaccines [like MMR]
raises questions about the suitability of primary chicken cell substrates
for vaccine production.' They recommended considering stopping production in
fertilized eggs, and growing the vaccine viruses instead on â?~RT-negative
cells from different species, such as on immortalized [cancerous] or diploid
[laboratory grown] mammalian cells.' I was amazed to learn this, for, to the
best of my knowledge, nothing has been done since this report was made to
render MMR safer. The measles vaccine is still produced from contaminated
chicken embryos.

http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/ac/...atedBiological

http://www.fda.gov/cber/advisory/vrbp/vrbpmain.htm

http://www.emea.eu.int/humandocs/PDF.../060406en6.pdf.

Janine Roberts

author of 'Fear of the Invisible'
How scared should you be of Viruses and Vaccines...

Old August 29th 08, 10:47 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology,sci.med.nursing,uk.people.health
Peter Parry

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 14:51:32 +0100, "JOHN" wrote:

Something should be done about this as a matter of great urgency.
Having vaccines contaminated by Janine Roberts can't possibly be
hygienic and would almost certainly lead to neurological symptoms and
widespread paranoia.