Hello! The wife is due in May with our first!

Old February 16th 07, 04:13 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Morvak

Default Hello! The wife is due in May with our first!

New to the group, just wanted to say Hello to everyone and that the
wife and I are having our first come this May 15th if *knock on wood*
everything goes well.

However, she's failed her 3 hour glucose test, but was only 3 points
higher than normal, so apparently she hasn't failed it THAT badly.

She's not that overweight or obese, maybe 15 pounds overweight if
that. 20 tops.

But we meet with a nutrionist next week, and plan to excercise more.
We work 9-5 office jobs, so we're pretty tired when we get home and
don't do much on the weekends.

Other than that, we plan to name the baby Maya Gabrielle. So far
everyone has liked the name, and of course we do (which is all that
matters really).

I'm on the internet now looking for a good lullabye book, any
recommendations? I already put Mother Goose nursery rhymes book in the
shopping cart.

I can't believe I'm going to be a father, a daddy! Oh man. I'm 35, and
I feel like a big kid myself! But I'm excited, i can't wait to hear
what she will sound like and look into her eyes and hold her and help
bottle feed her and teach her and just be her father for the rest of
her life.

Finally my life has meaning.

Old February 16th 07, 05:39 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
tishtash

"Morvak" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Hi hope you and your wife are well and congrates to you both.
Iam a diabetic and had to see the doctor every two weeks in my second preg
and I also had gestional diabetes in my first preg. Iwas not over weight but
it does run in my family so all i would say is dont eat to many
carbohydrates.
My son weighted 8lb 9 1/2 and my girl 7lb 6 so not very big they are now
they are under weight now so all i would say dont look to much in the fact
that they will keep saying you are going to have a big baby when most of the
time they are wrong. and if you wont some good books look in any big book
store like bordors and they have lots.
Good luck have fun keep well.
Tishtash

Old February 16th 07, 06:12 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Larry Mcmahan

In article .com,
says...

Welcome to the group. I suggest you ask Ericka to post on the subject
of GTTs and how much the actually tell you. She has some pretty strong
views on the subject, and they are backed up by some solid research.

Otherwise, post your questions, hopes, and thoughts, and we will be
here to support you.

Larry

Old February 17th 07, 01:44 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Elle

On Feb 16, 11:13 am, "Morvak" wrote:
[...]

Congratulations! What a lovely post, your enthusiasm is very charming.

Can't recommend anything on the lullabye front (we burned a couple of
CDs and have an iPod playlist) but in terms of books my daughter's
favorites when she was under 1 (she's two now) was Pat the Bunny with
this book about babies called Babies World or something like that (a
board book of photographs of babies & toddlers doing baby/toddler
things) a close second. I also got a mother goose book and then was
reminded of how kind of creepy a lot of nusery rhymes are!

You are going to have so much fun with your girl, and you've chosen a
lovely name for her.

Elle
Daughter 1 Feb 23/2005
Daughter 2 due April 2007

Old February 17th 07, 06:31 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Claudine Crews CPM

Hi - I just discovered this site and am new here too. I can't help
with the lullabye book - sorry!

I do have to say that there is really not much evidence to support
the theory of "gestational diabetes". Frankly, I'm not sure it exists.
Pregnant women just have different metabolism and different normals
than non-pregnant women. In any case, the "diagnosis" of gestational
diabetes is only made when two out of the four glucose readings
(fasting, 1hr, 2hr, 3hr) are abnormal. One slightly high reading is
meaningless. It is also surprising the number of things that can cause
a false high reading - things like having a cold, eating a Gas X
tablet prior to the test (supposed to be fasting!), not drawing the
blood at the exact right time..... There is also no evidence that
"treating" gestational diabetes has improved outcomes for babies or
moms in any way. In fact, I see just the opposite - scrawny little
sickly babies resulting from inadequate maternal nutrition and
induction of labor. Diabetes existing PRIOR to pregnancy is a
different story - not to be confused.

Congratulations and good luck!
Claudine

Wife Miscarried: Wife Wants Resume Intercourse spotting Pregnancy 7 May 10th 06 02:18 AM
MA: More on Alleged Deadbeat Dad's Arrest Dusty Child Support 162 June 9th 04 10:43 PM
Joe College is Wondering... Joe_College Child Support 39 June 3rd 04 06:48 AM
Wife wants to work Jamie General 76 May 19th 04 03:38 PM
I Am A Big Brother (Big Brothers Big Sisters) And Have A Problem With My Match Rob08757 General 11 September 15th 03 07:17 PM