My Weight loss Story

Old April 28th 04, 11:07 AM
Jenny

Default My Weight loss Story

My Weight loss Story

I knew I was overweight, but my husband told so much how beautiful I
was and how he loved me the way I was. When I couldn't fit into my
size 14 jeans anymore, I decided to get some new clothes that fit.
Ben (my husband) kept telling me how the clothes were just shrinking
and that I still looked great. Well, I was lying down on the bed,
pushing my stomach in my jeans to zip them up. When I stood up- oh
the pain of squeezing into too small jeans!!!

Ben found out that he was to be deployed to Kuwait. We had a water
fight the day before he left and my sisters took pictures. About a
week after he left, I got the pictures developed. That was it!!!! I
was so big! I knew it! I knew I was so out of shape and I wanted to
lose weight and KEEP it off! I was determined to lose it! I started
by exercising every day except Sunday. I had a friend who was trying
to loose weight at the same time, so we supported each other. Now, if
you want to lose any weight you have to do some sort of cardio
vascular exercise for at least 30 minutes 5- preferable 6 days a week.
I recommend 45 minutes because that last 15 minutes of workout is
nothing but fat burning. I didn't start taking my inches until I had
already lost 8 pounds. I was told that was so important, so I decided
to.

I started by trying to jog around the block, which is half a mile. I
could barely make it down the street!!!!!! I finally worked up to it
though, losing weight the whole time! When I was done jogging I rode
my indoor bike for 20 minutes and did a tummy workout.

Then I tried weight loss pills - Diethylproprion. I worked well, but
I started breaking out in horrible hives. I lost 8 pounds with
exercise in 2 weeks. Then I tried xenical together with
Diethylproprion. I lost 7 pounds in 1 1/2 weeks. If you take it
while you exercise, it burns twice the amount of fat. It's awesome!
I get my entire diet pill online through www.medrugstore.com, as they
offer discreet services and very personalized customer service
support.

I continued on that while I took Volleyball at that college and ran
before I went. I lost a total of 25 pounds. I went from 169 pounds
down to 144 lbs in 3 1/2 months and lost 30 inches!!!!!! I went from
a size 16 to a size 10!!!! The amount of inches I lost was awesome so
I totally recommend taking your inches. Maybe you didn't lose much
weight one week, but if you keep track of your inches you'll find
you've lost inches. Inches are what matters. 1 inch is 1 1/2 pounds
of fat burned!

regards
Jenny
Old April 28th 04, 07:33 PM
Hillary Israeli

In ,
Jenny wrote:

*I continued on that while I took Volleyball at that college and ran
*before I went. I lost a total of 25 pounds. I went from 169 pounds
*down to 144 lbs in 3 1/2 months and lost 30 inches!!!!!! I went from
*a size 16 to a size 10!!!! The amount of inches I lost was awesome so

Yeah? Well, I went from 190 to 159 in 3 1/2 months - size 14-16 to size
8-10. Then I went from 159 to 140 in another 2 1/2 months, ending up in a
size six (I just realized, that's down from 16 to 6. Wow!). I didn't take
ANY drugs. I just used the Weight Watchers plan, which is essentially
portion control with a gimmick. Portion control. Portion control. Not
drugs, PORTION CONTROL.

Old April 28th 04, 07:57 PM
Banty

In article , Hillary Israeli says...

In ,
Jenny wrote:

*I continued on that while I took Volleyball at that college and ran
*before I went. I lost a total of 25 pounds. I went from 169 pounds
*down to 144 lbs in 3 1/2 months and lost 30 inches!!!!!! I went from
*a size 16 to a size 10!!!! The amount of inches I lost was awesome so

Yeah? Well, I went from 190 to 159 in 3 1/2 months - size 14-16 to size
8-10. Then I went from 159 to 140 in another 2 1/2 months, ending up in a
size six (I just realized, that's down from 16 to 6. Wow!). I didn't take
ANY drugs. I just used the Weight Watchers plan, which is essentially
portion control with a gimmick. Portion control. Portion control. Not
drugs, PORTION CONTROL.

I went from 205 to 175. It took me longer, but, the key was PORTION CONTROL
(not Weight Watchers - the Banty Balanced Eat-Less diet), and EXERCISE.

It's a matter of less energy input vs. output, and keeping the two equal for
maintenance. Figuring out how to live not to get fat.

Banty

Old April 28th 04, 08:58 PM
Welches

Banty wrote in message
In article , Hillary Israeli

says...

In ,
Jenny wrote:

[...]

I thought I'd try the Welch diet. It consists of chocolate and Cola
unmoderated... Dh won't let me try it :-) (it's only slightly less
unbalanced than Atkins.)
Debbie

Old April 28th 04, 09:08 PM
dragonlady

Jenny wrote:

[...]

Well, as long as we're talking about this . . .

I'm just beginning, and have a long way to go, but I've lost a bit over
30 pounds since January following Atkins.

I've DONE the portion control/low fat/Weight Watchers thing. I can lose
weight that way, but for me it was a lot of work and I always felt
deprived, and frequently hungry. The low-carb thing works better for
me: I don't feel deprived, I'm not hungry, I don't have massive
cravings, and I feel better. Several of my siblings have done this, and
been very happy with the results. DH is also losing weight this way.

Apparently, for some of us, Dr. Atkins was right: getting our blood
sugar evened out (which is what the low-carb thing does) so that we are
NOT "dumping" insilin so often makes it easier to keep our eating under
control, and we lose weight easire.

(Please note, this is NOT intended to criticise WW or portion control or
whatever works well for anyone; but I figured I'd mention another
non-drug approach that seems to be working for some percentage of the
population.)

meh

Old April 28th 04, 09:12 PM
Nikki

Banty wrote:

I went from 205 to 175. It took me longer, but, the key was PORTION
CONTROL (not Weight Watchers - the Banty Balanced Eat-Less diet), and
EXERCISE.

That is *exactly* what I want/need to do. I know I need to exercise more.
I've taken the first step and bought a work out tape, now I just need to
open it, lol. My question for you and Hillary is - what did you do when you
were hungry. I try to control for portion size but I get tummy rumbling
hungry and then feel sorry for myself and eat. Any good motivating tips to
ignoring the hunger?

I eat way more then most people so I know my expectations are reasonable as
far as portions.

--
Nikki
Mama to Hunter (5) and Luke (3)

Old April 28th 04, 09:18 PM
dragonlady

In article 31Ujc.611$7S2.596@newsfe1-win,
"Welches" wrote:

Banty wrote in message
In article , Hillary Israeli

says...

In ,
Jenny wrote:

[...]

Atkins isn't unbalanced. It is just a different balance than we have
traditionally been taught is healthy. However, every time they've done
a study to "prove" it is unhealthy -- the study comes out the other way!

This seems to be one of those times when "what everybody knows" is
turning out to be not correct.

meh

Old April 28th 04, 09:23 PM
Welches

dragonlady wrote in message
In article 31Ujc.611$7S2.596@newsfe1-win,
"Welches" wrote:

Banty wrote in message
In article , Hillary Israeli

says...

In ,
Jenny wrote:

[...]

I was only joking! If I was dieting then I'd love Atkins-was put off bread +
potato as a child. Bacon every breakfast sounds great to me!
Debbie
Ps. I hear Atkins died clinically obese (just thought I'd add a bit more
stirring!)

Old April 28th 04, 09:32 PM
Circe

dragonlady wrote:
I'm just beginning, and have a long way to go, but I've lost a bit
over 30 pounds since January following Atkins.

I've DONE the portion control/low fat/Weight Watchers thing. I can
lose weight that way, but for me it was a lot of work and I always
felt deprived, and frequently hungry. The low-carb thing works
better for me: I don't feel deprived, I'm not hungry, I don't have
massive cravings, and I feel better. Several of my siblings have
done this, and been very happy with the results. DH is also losing
weight this way.

Apparently, for some of us, Dr. Atkins was right: getting our blood
sugar evened out (which is what the low-carb thing does) so that we
are NOT "dumping" insilin so often makes it easier to keep our eating
under control, and we lose weight easire.

Keeping in mind that I have never particularly struggled with my weight
(lucky, I guess), I have to say that I think Atkins is right that too much
*refined* carbohydrates are a VeryBadThing(TM) and cause the insulin-dumping
issues and cravings you're talking about, people have gone *waaaaay*
overboard on this whole low carb thing (probably without actually reading
what Atkins has to say about it) to the point where they are afraid to eat a
slice of whole grain bread or have a baked potato with dinner. It's a little
bit ridiculous, IMHO. It's also important to remember that fruits and
vegetables are *carbohydrates* and, AFAIK, Atkins doesn't recommend avoiding
them because they are *complex* carbohydrates.

And while Atkins may well work for many people, it doesn't seem to do
anything for everyone (neither my best friend nor my mother had any
noticeable success with it, although one of my neighbor's has done very well
on it, so there you go) and my sense is not that people in the US are
becoming dramatically thinner as result of the low-card craze.

I guess I just knew the world had gotten dramatically out-of-whack on the
morning I drove by a 7-11 and saw a banner reading "Join the Atkins
Revolution Here." Shakes head
--
Be well, Barbara
Mom to Sin (Vernon, 2), Misery (Aurora, 4), and the Rising Son (Julian, 6)

Aurora (in the bathroom with her dad)--"It looks like an elephant, Daddy."
Me (later)--"You should feel flattered."

Old April 28th 04, 09:37 PM
Stephanie Stowe

"dragonlady" wrote in message
In article 31Ujc.611$7S2.596@newsfe1-win,
"Welches" wrote:

Banty wrote in message
In article , Hillary Israeli

says...

In ,
Jenny wrote:

[...]

For my brother, an obese type 2 diabetic, the absence of carbs in his diet
is saving his life. The family all read a book by Dr. Berstein. He is a type
1 diabetic who "should" have been dead long since. But he has been
controlling his blood sugar by avoiding carbs completely. My bro is doing so
also. Pretty cool stuff.

meh