Morning for Peter Tarbat RIP.

Old July 24th 07, 11:21 AM posted to soc.men,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.child-support,alt.support.divorce
Brook Harty

Default Morning for Peter Tarbat RIP.

With a heartfelt sadness, Peter Tarbat a member of the Ontario Men’s
Network has committed suicide. He just recently joined some Mens Rights
forums and started posting about his story of police abuse, divorce and
visitation issues. We barely got to know him and his situation, before
he ended his life.

I saw he posted a few times on the support newsgroups, and wanted to
post this via a cross post.

-- http://antimisandry.com/87r-i-p-peter-tarbat

A Day of Morning for Peter Tarbat R.I.P.

Priority News Exchange Program News Item (PNEP)

I’m a member of the Ontario Men’s Network. I received an email this
morning with links and passwords, from Peter Tarbat. I went over to his
home right away and found that this morning he committed suicide. The
email asked me to post this information on these sites. Peter Tarbat had
been a great friend to a lot of people including myself. He will be
truly missed. I really don’t know what else to say. It’s very sad but
not unexpected; we were all worried about him the past few months. Not
many people could have fought against these people as long and as hard
as he did. We will all miss our friend- Ontario Men’s Network

Below is an earlier appeal by Peter Tarbat to the public that
unfortunately had not enough effect, and under his own words a link to
his Utube statement with his son. This will help you see him as a real
person and not just a statistic. His ex-wife’s new boyfriend was a
police officer and had the full weight of this terrible system come down
on him it would seem. False chivalry again to the rescue of a medusa.-HN

I was charged by the Oxford Police, Sgt E Taylor with 11 false charges
including rape and forcible confinement. The problem is these charges go
back 18 years and these charges came forward days after I reported my
Ex-mother in law to the CAS for an incident involving her and my son.

As soon as I received bail Mike Carnegie was willing to drop all but
three charges. After 1 year and thousands of dollars out of my pocket,
Mike decided to drop one more charge and even allowed me to change the
date of the uttering a threat charge. I was innocent of all charges, but
had no choice but to plead guilty to something I did not do.

There is a long history of harassment on the part of the Oxford Crown
and Oxford Police against me. Including appealing an earlier charge. The
problem was Crown Mary Mahas over a seven-mouth period refused to give
my lawyer any info, she would not answer any registered letters or
answer our phone calls.

At the day of the appeal there was no new evidence. I had won some kind
of victory; it had cost to me $4500.00 dollars. I would call that
harassment of the worst kind. The Crown lawyer Mike Carnegie did not
drop the rape charge against me, he stayed them, meaning I was not found
innocent. I want my day in court to prove that this is a complete frame
job on Oxford’s part. I have had my children stolen from me. When I get
to see them again I do not want this hanging over my head.

If the crown believes these charges were good enough to bring me up on
charges, I am begging them to do it again. Mike Carnegie while talking
to my lawyer, after interviewing Sgt. E Taylor said this has more to do
with the cop then it does with the complainant. In my experience the
Oxford Police and Crown use these extra charges to beat you into
pleading guilty on lesser charges. Well I want my day in court to prove
I am innocent of all charges and that the Oxford authorities are out of
control.

There is much more to this story. Please stop these people from doing
this to more innocent people.

Peter and son on Utube in a happier time:
http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...q=peter+tarbat

Letters or emails of anger can be sent to:

Email:

Or: Oxford Community Police
615 Dundas St., Woodstock Ontario, Canada N4S 1E1

Telephone - (519) 421-2800
Fax - (519) 421-2818

A prayer: I will not rest until this system hears of such deaths, takes
responsibility for them, holds people accountable and set things right
in the system so that such things can be avoided to the best of my
ability. Anything less on your and my part is not honoring men like
Peter Tarbat try to fight back and who will not be forgotten.