TODAY is the DAY!

Old September 1st 05, 12:13 PM
Kim

Default TODAY is the DAY!

University bound... Looking at the stuff he's got to take and I'm half
laughing... My pal who's playing chauffer could only stare then GLARE lol --
He told me a thing or two LOL -- Like University Kids are SUPPOSED to
STRUGGLE, it teaches them that the world is TOUGH hehehehe he also stated
that my son has more 'stuff' than he does LOL and that the other kids will
laugh at my momma's boy... (mind you he was laughing at that point cause my
son said that the other kids would be crying cause he's got the best mom and
thier mom's suck *awwwwwwwwww*) So that was last night...

This morning my darling son give my daughter a well worn and oft admired
Tshirt she'd be 'wanting' for ages... This daughter was very upset and took
off to the room... it was pretty emotional for teenagers... Now the boy is
in the shower and the girl is on her bed sobbing LOL sheesh -- and I'm
soaking it all up cause this is one of those moments that wont be
repeated... Ok now I'm getting sobbish --

Time to hit the road for a 2 hour drive!

Kim

Old September 3rd 05, 04:46 AM
Kim

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 11:13:58 GMT, "Kim" the
following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

[...]

Awww.. the T-shirt was a wonderful gesture. What are you going to do
without your muscle around? Who's going to take out the trash? :-)

Funny you should mention that... Today was garbage day LOL... A few tears...
A little growth and I'm fine *grin* then I get someone who writes me a
lovely poem While at work today and SENDS it to me... So here I sit working
with a client and up pops the poem and of course during a lull in the
meeting I read the damn thing...

"Ode to Kim's Little Boy"

Here's to a lad that is oh so cute,

As my little boy he is quite the brute.

Day after day, all week long,

He was the heart of our happy throng.

Whether arguing me or his other sibling,

He was sure to get the last word in

I long for the days when he first went to school,

When I stood at the door and cried like a fool.

The years have flown by ever so fast,

My little boy has grown into a young man at last.

Now Scott has left to go away to school,

I realize that I am his "old lady" and man that's cool.

I realize that an eagle has to leave the nest,

He's still my little boy and he will always be blessed.

Needless to say I shed a few more tears... Seems like tht's all I've been
doing... New Orleans -- yeah I can't watch it on TV or listen to it
anymore -- How completely useless are we that when something hits so close
to home there's not a darned thing I can do except pray -- Which I am doing
daily and of course shed my useless tears... Heart breaks for the families
and people what a terrible terrible thing... One of those things you don't
expect to see "on your door step" -- The pictures they've been showing you
have grown used to seeing in the third world countries but not this close to
home... What a very emotional time all around...

Kim

Old September 3rd 05, 03:53 PM
Kim

"'Kate" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 03:46:42 GMT, "Kim" the
following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

*snipped*

My youngest is going to sort clothing at the Red Cross. I was scheduled
to volunteer tomorrow at the 'dome but my car door won't stay latched so
I'll probably be at the body shop with it instead.

It's tough not to be involved when the refugees are housed 20 minutes
from home.

'Kate

Good for your youngest! Certainly changes the way one looks at thier
priorities that's for sure...