bedtime routine

Old May 9th 06, 06:19 PM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets

Default bedtime routine

Hi. I mostly lurk, but I have a question about bedtime routines. Right now
I read my 20month old b/g twins books together on my lap and then sing them
a song before putting them to bed. Do any of you read/sing separately, or
do you do it together? I'm feeling a little bad that my 3 1/2 year old gets
me all to herself before bedtime, but my twins do not. Any suggestions..

Leann

Old May 9th 06, 07:29 PM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets

I read and sing to my twins (who are 3 now) every night. They share a room
so it just seems natural to do this routine with them together. If your
twins don't share a room then it is certainly an option to do this bedtime
routine separately.

Don't feel bad at all about that one-on-one time with your 3 year old.
Older siblings often take a backseat to the heavy demands of their twin
siblings. I would think your 3 year old probably cherishes this special
"alone time" that is just for him/her. In my opinion, and this is based
solely on my personal experience, twins don't seem to have that same
expectation of "alone time" with mom or dad. They are used to having their
sibling share in everything. Besides, doing three separate sets of reading
at bedtime is quite time consuming! If you want to offer your twins some
alone time, you and your husband can periodically take one child out with
you for activities or errands while the other two stay home with the
opposite parent. It gives your twins a break from one another as well.
Imagine being with the same person 7 days a week, 24 hours a day!

Hope this helps,
Cookie

Old May 9th 06, 08:18 PM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets

Leann

I often ask myself the same question. My 12 months old twins share our
bedtime routine, while my 3.5 yo is always alone with me at bedtime. Even if
I feel bad about it too, I think Cookie is right. Héloïse IS used to having
me by herself, so that would be unfair if I stopped, whereas Caroline and
Alexandre are used to sharing this moment, in fact I even think it's part of
their routine. I mean being together. I've noticed that if one of them is
late going to bed, the other doesn't sleep until both of them are in their
crib.

Sophie
Mummy to Héloïse, Caroline and Alexandre

Old May 9th 06, 09:00 PM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets

On Tue, 09 May 2006 17:19:53 GMT, "Leann and Donald"
wrote:

Hi. I mostly lurk, but I have a question about bedtime routines. Right now
I read my 20month old b/g twins books together on my lap and then sing them
a song before putting them to bed. Do any of you read/sing separately, or
do you do it together? I'm feeling a little bad that my 3 1/2 year old gets
me all to herself before bedtime, but my twins do not. Any suggestions..

Leann

We've always done it for each separately.
--
-Seth Jackson, proud father of Derek and Mariel(10/1/99). Pictures at:
http://hitmeister.home.mindspring.co...ypictures.html

Music links: www.mp3.com/SethJackson
www.mp3.com/loudspeaker
www.SethJackson.net
Old May 9th 06, 09:01 PM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets

wrote:

Hi. I mostly lurk, but I have a question about bedtime routines. Right now
I read my 20month old b/g twins books together on my lap and then sing them
a song before putting them to bed. Do any of you read/sing separately, or
do you do it together? I'm feeling a little bad that my 3 1/2 year old gets
me all to herself before bedtime, but my twins do not. Any suggestions..

Leann

We've always done it for each separately.

I should mention that they have separate rooms. It might be hard to
do it separately if they share a room.

Old May 9th 06, 10:40 PM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets

Seth,

I also noticed you don't have other children to put to bed besides the
twins. This does allow you more time to do them separately.

I looked at your family photos. Your kids are adorable!

Old May 10th 06, 04:13 AM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets

"Leann and Donald" wrote in message
Hi. I mostly lurk, but I have a question about bedtime routines. Right
now I read my 20month old b/g twins books together on my lap and then sing
them a song before putting them to bed. Do any of you read/sing
separately, or do you do it together? I'm feeling a little bad that my 3
1/2 year old gets me all to herself before bedtime, but my twins do not.
Any suggestions..

My twins are to small but I do my big boys together and they are two years
apart! As they get older, and can talk, you might consider doing one big
routine but doing individual tuck in's of about 5 minutes or so. They
really seemed to enjoy this. I used to do this with mine until the twins
came along :-0.

--
Nikki, mama to
Hunter 4/99

--
Nikki, mama to
Hunter 4/99

Old May 10th 06, 04:34 AM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets

Hi Leanne,

I can't believe your twins are 20 mos.! My guys are just over 3 1/2 now
and they don't like to be seperated for anything! They are still in the
same room, take baths together, etc. This is all their choice. They get
upset if I take one out with me and not the other. The one with me will
talk about the other one constantly and say they miss him/her!

My point is that I try so hard to give them the one on one I feel they
need, but they don't want it yet. So, don't feel bad.

Do your twins like being together all the time?

~Megan~
Mama to twins,
Aidan & Alexis.
Now 3 and a HALF!

Old May 11th 06, 04:02 AM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets

Older siblings often take a backseat to the heavy demands of their twin
siblings.

Actually this makes a lot of sense to me. I am constantly telling DD to
"wait, hold on, do it yourself" etc because I'm tied up with the twins.
Good point. Thanks.

Leann

Old May 11th 06, 04:04 AM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets

They like being together, but I don't think they really notice/care if one
is alone. Although, they don't have much opportunity to "miss" each other
since I can't remember the last time they were alone :-)

Leann