Dozens of Chemicals Found in Most Americans' Bodies

Old August 8th 06, 10:15 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.breast-implant,misc.kids.health,sci.med.nursing
Coleah

Default Dozens of Chemicals Found in Most Americans' Bodies

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
. ..

"Jeff" wrote in message
news

"Jan Drew" wrote in message

Mercury is one chemical that should not be in the body. Fortunately,

the
amount of ethylmercury in vaccines is very small and has never been
shown to be harmful in the quantities used. However, I wish that they
would get rid of mercury from vaccines, just the same.

Jeff

You have been shown time and time again--that it has been shown to be
harmful.

I have never been shown that, *at the doses used*, the thimerasol in
vaccines is harmful.

Indeed. Just like I said.

Clearly, an overdose of thimerasol would be bad. However, there is no
evidence that I know of that, at the doses used, thimerasol is harmful.

Jeff

You see only what you want to see.

What a dumb ass. That's his point of view and perspective.
Jan Drew denies others their right of choice.....how 'judging' is THAT?
(God complex)

Old August 8th 06, 11:40 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.breast-implant,misc.kids.health,sci.med.nursing
Peter Bowditch

"Jan Drew" wrote:

"Jeff" wrote in message
news

"Jan Drew" wrote in message

Mercury is one chemical that should not be in the body. Fortunately, the
amount of ethylmercury in vaccines is very small and has never been
shown to be harmful in the quantities used. However, I wish that they
would get rid of mercury from vaccines, just the same.

Jeff

You have been shown time and time again--that it has been shown to be
harmful.

I have never been shown that, *at the doses used*, the thimerasol in
vaccines is harmful.

Indeed. Just like I said.

Clearly, an overdose of thimerasol would be bad. However, there is no
evidence that I know of that, at the doses used, thimerasol is harmful.

Jeff

You see only what you want to see.

What is the LD50 dose of thimerosal for rats, Jan? For humans?
--
Peter Bowditch aa #2243
Australian Skeptics http://www.skeptics.com.au
To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com
Old August 8th 06, 01:46 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.breast-implant,misc.kids.health,sci.med.nursing
[email protected]

Jan Drew wrote:
Mercury is one chemical that should not be in the body. Fortunately, the
amount of ethylmercury in vaccines is very small and has never been shown
to be harmful in the quantities used. However, I wish that they would get
rid of mercury from vaccines, just the same.

Jeff

You have been shown time and time again--that it has been shown to be
harmful.

Jan,

Sodium chloride is an essential part of our diet either directly or
indirectly. Despite that attempting to take in a years supply at once
will kill us. The same can be said for *every* compound that enters
our body. You can even kill a person with oxygen!

Dosing is just as important as the chemical in question Jan otherwise
we would be killed when eating apples and cherries ( cyanide ).

Cheers,
Eric

Old August 8th 06, 10:51 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.breast-implant,misc.kids.health,sci.med.nursing
Jan Drew

Oh, my. I jumped right out of Coleah's killfile AGAIN.

I see you are still NOT a practicing Christian.

I have NEVER denied others their right of choice.

In FACT--just the opposite.

"Coleah" wrote in message

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
. ..

"Jeff" wrote in message
news

Old August 9th 06, 12:31 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.breast-implant,misc.kids.health,sci.med.nursing
Mark Probert

wrote:

Dosing is just as important as the chemical in question Jan otherwise
we would be killed when eating apples and cherries ( cyanide ).

Eric, you are wasting your fingers...the AltNuts refuse to accept the
well established concept that dose contributes to toxicity.
Old August 9th 06, 02:58 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.breast-implant,misc.kids.health,sci.med.nursing
Coleah

Jan Drew said: "You see only what you want to see."

What made this old hag think I'd put her back IN my killfile?
Ha, ha, ha.....the stupid events that drive Jan Drew's "important" life !!!

I'm certainly not a practicing Christian for you,
because frankly I don't find YOU worthy, SAT-JAN.

Jan Drew said: "I have NEVER denied others their right of choice."
Prove it, LIAR !!

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
Oh, my. I jumped right out of Coleah's killfile AGAIN.

I see you are still NOT a practicing Christian.

I have NEVER denied others their right of choice.

In FACT--just the opposite.

"Coleah" wrote in message

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
. ..

"Jeff" wrote in message
news

Old August 9th 06, 03:12 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.breast-implant,misc.kids.health,sci.med.nursing
Jan Drew

Oops. There went the UDP Again.

"Mark Probert" wrote in message

Dosing is just as important as the chemical in question Jan otherwise
we would be killed when eating apples and cherries ( cyanide ).

Eric, you are wasting your fingers...the AltNuts refuse to accept the well
established concept that dose contributes to toxicity.

[some of the links may not work--or disappeared. I am not wasting my time
to try
and correct them. For this close-minded ilk].

Look them up yourself. Nevertheless they are true.

Research in molecular biology has elucidated mechanisms that may underlie
the toxic effects of mercury.

Studies of the effects of mercury on the immune system in rodents have
enhanced knowledge of the mechanisms whereby mercury affects the immune
system. Clinical studies of occupationally exposed employees have
objectively confirmed subclinical influence of mercury on the immune
system at low levels of mercury exposure.

The thyroid has been identified as the target organ for the toxic effect
of mercury in occupational exposure to mercury vapour in low doses.

Clinical studies of the effects of mercury on occupationally exposed
workers, using modern diagnostic methods, have elucidated the connection
between dose and effect. They have also identified and quantified
neuropsychological symptoms at low exposure levels.

Relation between symptoms and mercury concentrations in saliva after
chewing. The Tübingen amalgam study could establish in the especially
examined group of 21-40 year old persons a statistically significant
relation between mercury levels in saliva and symptoms. Only symptoms
which are characteristic of subacute or chronic mercury exposure in the
low-level range were studied.

Low-level chronic exposures to mercury may affect the peripheral nervous
system resulting in polyneuropathies (reduced sensory and motor nerve
function) and neuropsychological effects (visual alterations, sensory
loss, stress) (ATSDR 1989); these effects correlate to tissue levels of 20
to 40 µg/g. Neuropsychological effects were also reported by Smith et al.
(1970) for occupational exposure to mercury levels of 0.1 mg/m3. Mercury
concentrations below this value did not appear to cause observable
effects. Kishi et al. (1993) reported that neurobehavioral and motor
function effects persisted in ex-mercury miners more than 10 years after
cessation of exposure.

Once inhaled, elemental mercury is mostly converted to an inorganic
divalent or mercuric form by catalase in the red blood cells. This
inorganic form has similar properties to organic mercury. Small amounts of
non-oxidized elemental mercury continue to persist and account for CNS
toxicity.

Elemental mercury, as a vapor, which escapes from fillings, penetrates the
blood-brain-barrier and enters the CNS, where it's ionized and trapped,
attributing to its significant toxic effects

http://www.floridalcv.org/FLCV*EdFun...t_of*_dental_a...

Environmental Effect of Dental Amalgam

Mercury is one of the most toxic substances commonly encountered, and
according to Government agencies causes adverse health effects in large
numbers of people in the U.S.[1] The extreme toxicity of mercury can be
seen from documented effects on wildlife by very low levels of mercury
exposure. The average amalgam filling has more than ½ gram of mercury, and
has been documented to continuously leak mercury into the body of those
with amalgam fillings due to the low mercury vapor pressure and galvanic
current induced by mixed metals in the mouth.

1. Hg plasma concentration correlated with no.of amalgam fillings.
http://tinyurl.com/cdb0 2003

2. Correlation between number of fillings and salivary Hg.
http://tinyurl.com/cgs 2000

3. The amount of organic and inorganic mercury in paraffin-stimulated
saliva was significantly higher in subjects with dental amalgam fillings
http://tinyurl.com/cgs1 2001 4. Mercury vapour release increases with
chewing, with absorption and uptake by the brain and kidneys.
http://tinyurl.com/cczd 2002

5. Amalgam causes nerve cell toxicity in culture. http://tinyurl.com/ccyo
2003

6. Plasma concentrations of mercury before and after treatment supported
the metal exposure to be causative for the ill health.
http://tinyurl.com/ccyr 2002

7 None of the materials tested consistently prevented microleakage.
http://tinyurl.com/cfcg 2002

8. In neither of the nonamalgam groups was this [wastewater] limit
exceeded, but 20.5% in the amalgam group exceeded the limit
http://tinyurl.com/ccyu 2002

9. I-Hg levels in placenta increased with an increasing number of
maternal dental amalgam fillings (p 0.001)... a substantial fraction of
maternal blood I-Hg, probably as Hg(0), reached the fetus.
http://tinyurl.com/cgrz 2002

10 Evidence of a pro-oxidant role of the amalgam Hg chronically released
in saliva. http://tinyurl.com/cgrv 2002 11. Mercury released into air
from dry abraded amalgam was shown to be above the recommended industrial
limit http://tinyurl.com/cf7j 2002

http://www.chem-tox.com/pregna*ncy/mercury.htm

Low Level Mercury Causes Behavior Problems During Pregnancy

Subtle behavior problems were observed in mice offspring exposed to a
single low level mercury dose.

In summarizing the results of their study, the researchers stated,

"This hypothesis generating study showed highly significant correlations
between mood scores and most measures of low level Hg (mercury) exposure.
The specific mood measures most associated with Hg exposure were tension,
fatigue, and confusion. The strength of these associations suggests that
mood should be included for investigation in future hypothesis-testing
studies..... Among the cognitive and motor function tests, only the digit
span and simple reaction time (nondominant hand) scores were associated
with any measure of exposure...... Overall, and despite the small size of
the study population, this investigation found some evidence of adverse
preclinical effects at mercury doses averaging 36 ugs/l in urine. The mood
and symptom results of this study agree with prior evaluations of both
high and low urinary mercury doses. These preliminary survey findings
support a critical evaluation of the adequacy of the 50 ug/g creatinine
biologic threshold for mercury proposed by the World Health Organization
This is the first U.S. dental study to detect potential behavioral
deficits at such a low level of exposure. A larger and more comprehensive
study is required to accurately determine a biologic threshold of adverse
central and peripheral nervous system effects for elemental mercury."

Drs. Diana Echeverria, Nicholas J. Heyer, Michael D. Martin, Conrad A
Naleway Depart. of Environ. Health, Univ. of Washington, School of
Dentistry, Univ. of Washington Neurotoxicology and Teratology, Vol.
17(2):161-168, 1995

Dopamine Uptake in Brain Cells Changed By Methylmercury

Attention Deficit Disorder children were reported in other headings in
this book as having altered dopamine levels. Several compounds, including
alcohol, have been shown to alter dopamine levels in test animals. Now,
researchers at Duke University Medical School have shown that even very
low levels of methylmercury result in dopamine and norepinephrine brain
neurotransmitter changes.

http://www.fasebj.org/cgi/cont*ent/full/12/11/971

Neurobehavioral effects from exposure to

****dental amalgam****

Hgo: new distinctions between recent exposure and Hg body burden

Work-related and personal factors (including postchelation HgU levels and
number of

****amalgam fillings****

in one's mouth) were determinants of prechelation HgU levels

These factors include the number of restorations placed per week, the use of
dispensers vs. capsules, and the irregular use of a mask while handling Hg,
as
well as the number of

****amalgam fillings****

in one's mouth.
[...]

Medline.

Salivary mercury levels in healthy donors with and without amalgam fillings.

Pizzichini M, Fonzi M, Gasparoni A, Fonzi L.

Department of Biomedical Science, University of Siena, Siena, Italy.

Dental amalgam (AMG) is the most diffused dental filling material. Since it
is
constituted for at least 40-45% of Hg, many questions have raised about its
safe use. Hg particles from dental amalgam dissolve in saliva and, being
ingested, they reach the blood stream through the intestinal mucosa. It has
been demonstrated that amalgam fillings continuously release Hg vapour and
that
there is detectable Hg in expired and inspired air of amalgam owners. It is
not
yet fully accepted that AMG fillings represent the principal source of Hg
for
man and the aim of this study was to evaluate if the mercury level in
saliva:
1) was higher within people bearing dental amalgam restorations than in
people
with no restorations; 2) was different between males or females; 3)
increased
in relation to the surface of amalgam restorations. The results showed a
correlation between number of fillings and salivary Hg, between amalgam
surface
and salivary Hg. The Authors could finally assert that AMG fillings
represented
the principal source of salivary Hg in the subjects studied.

PMID: 11799732 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Hg plasma concentration was found to be correlated with the number of
amalgam
fillings, suggesting that Hg released from fillings is a source of Hg in
non-occupational exposed subjects. P-FRAP correlated negatively with P-Hg
suggesting a pro-oxidant role of the Hg released from amalgam fillings.
Though
age by itself was not significantly correlated with P-FRAP, when considered
together with P-Hg in multivariate analysis, it was found to be a major
related
cofactor.

Dental amalgam fillings are known to release significant amounts of mercury
(Hg) in saliva which could represent a continuous source of oxidative damage
mouth tissues. The present investigation was aimed at verifying this
hypothesis
by determining a possible correlation between salivary Hg levels and
salivary
total antioxidant activity (TAA), which is used as an index of oxidative
stress. Samples of saliva from 34 healthy donors were analyzed for Hg
content,
by vapor atomic absorption spectrometry, and for TAA, by determining the
ferric
reducing ability ('FRAP' method). A significant correlation between Hg and
the
number of amalgam restorations or total amalgam surface was evident in both
the
male and female subjects.

Dental amalgam fillings and the amount of organic mercury in human saliva.

Leistevuo J, Leistevuo T, Helenius H, Pyy L, Osterblad M, Huovinen P,
Tenovuo
J.

The National Public Health Institute, Antimicrobial Research Laboratory,
Turku
University, Turku, Finland.

We studied differences in the amounts of organic and inorganic mercury in
saliva samples between amalgam and nonamalgam human study groups. The amount
of
organic and inorganic mercury in whole saliva was measured in 187 adult
study
subjects. The mercury contents were determined by cold-vapor atomic
absorption
spectrometry. The amount of organic and inorganic mercury in
paraffin-stimulated saliva was significantly higher (p0.001) in subjects
with
dental amalgam fillings (n = 88) compared to the nonamalgam study groups (n
=
43 and n = 56): log(e) (organic mercury) was linearly related to log(e)
(inorganic mercury, r(2) = 0.52). Spearman correlation coefficients of
inorganic and organic mercury concentrations with the number of
amalgam-filled
tooth surfaces were 0.46 and 0.27, respectively.

****Our results are compatible with the hypothesis that amalgam fillings may
be
a continuous source of organic mercury, which is more toxic than inorganic
mercury, and almost completely absorbed by the human intestine.****

I-Hg levels in placenta increased with an increasing number of maternal
dental
amalgam fillings (p 0.001). Despite placental accumulation (median, 1.3
microg/kg; range, 0.18-6.7 microg/kg wet weight), a substantial fraction of
maternal blood I-Hg, probably as Hg(0), reached the fetus

Mercury vapour release from amalgam fillings increases with chewing, with
absorption and uptake by the brain and kidneys.

The concentration of total mercury in stimulated saliva was studied in
humans
with dental amalgam fillings and in 2 nonamalgam groups. The probability of
exceeding the limits of mercury permitted in wastewater increased
proportionally as the number of amalgam-filled surfaces increased. The
mercury
limit for sewage is 0.05 mg/l (= 250 nmol/l) effluent, according to the
Council
of European Communities directive 84/156/EEC. In neither of the nonamalgam
groups was this limit exceeded, but 20.5% in the amalgam group exceeded the
limit (p .001). The risk of exceeding the limit increased 2-fold for every
10
additional amalgam-filled surfaces (odds ratio = 2.0; 95% confidence
interval =
1.3, 3.3). These results demonstrate that humans, especially in populated
areas, can be a significant source of mercury pollutants. As a consequence
of
mercury release, bacteria may acquire mercury resistance, as well as
resistance
to other antimicrobial agents, thus resulting in failure of antibiotic
treatment.

The use of dental amalgam is controversial largely because it contains
mercury.
We tested whether amalgam caused toxicity in neuronal cultures and whether
that
toxicity was caused by mercury. In this study, we used cortical cell
cultures
to show for the first time that amalgam causes nerve cell toxicity in
culture.
However, the toxicity was not blocked by the mercury chelator,
2,3-dimercaptopropane-1-sulpho*nate (DMPS), but was blocked by the metal
chelator, calcium disodium ethylenediaminetetraacetate (CaEDTA). DMPS was an
effective mercury chelator in this system, since it blocked mercury
toxicity.
Of the components that comprise amalgam (mercury, zinc, tin, copper, and
silver), only zinc neurotoxicity was blocked by CaEDTA. These results
indicate
that amalgam is toxic to nerve cells in culture by releasing zinc. While
zinc
is known to be neurotoxic, ingestion of zinc is not a major concern because
zinc levels in the body are tightly regulated

Dental amalgam as one of the risk factors in autoimmune diseases.

Bartova J, Prochazkova J, Kratka Z, Benetkova K, Venclikova Z, Sterzl I.

Institute of Dental Research, lst Medical Faculty, Charles University and
General Faculty Hospital Prague, Vinohradska 48, 120 60 Prague 2, Czech
Republic.

BACKGROUND: Experimental and clinical data published recently show that
dental
amalgam can give rise to undesirable immunological responses in susceptible
individuals. In genetically susceptible strains of experimental animals,
mercury and silver can induce autoimmune responses. Sera of patients
sensitive
to mercury were found to have a higher incidence of autoantibodies relative
controls. OBJECTIVE: The aim of this study was to determine possible
presence
of antinuclear SSB/La autoantibodies after the in vitro stimulation of
peripheral blood lymphocytes with HgCl2. METHODS: Lymphocytes were obtained
from patients with autoimmune thyroiditis and increased response to mercury
in
vitro. Mononuclear cells were cultivated for 6 days with 100 microl HgCl2
solution or with pure medium and the levels of antinuclear autoantibodies
SSB/La were assayed by a commercial SSB/La ELISA kit. RESULTS: Increased
production of SSB/La autoantibodies in the media following stimulation of
peripheral blood lymphocytes with HgCl2 was found in all cases. Using the
Student's paired test, the results were significant on the p=0.05
significance
level. CONCLUSION: Results imply that, in some patients with thyroiditis,
mercury from dental amalgam can stimulate the production of antinuclear
antibodies. Dental amalgam may be a risk factor in some patients with
autoimmune disease.
Elemental mercury from mercury vapor readily passes through the
blood-brain barrier

I seriously doubt that the blood-brain barrier is open to metal..

--
madiba

Do some research.

http://home.earthlink.net/~ber*niew1/damspr17.html

From _Mercury Poisoning from Dental Amalgam: Hazard to Human Brain_ by
Patrick Storetebecker MD PhD:

Elemental mercury from mercury vapor readily passes through the
blood-brain barrier, is oxidized to Hg+2 (ionic mercury) and then
binds to brain cells and enzymes. This is specifically why the
Lorscheider group at Univ of Calgary did their recent study using
ionic mercury rather than methyl mercury.

http://www.testfoundation.org/*amalgampage.htm

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/en*trez/...ve&d*b=PubMed&...

=10516733&

dopt=Abstract
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/en*trez/...d=Retrieve&d*b

=PubMed&list_uids=9646047&dopt*=Abstract

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/en*trez/...ve&d*b=PubMed&...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/en*trez/...ve&d*b=PubMed&...

http://www.algonet.se/~leif/FU*SCIFCT.html

Mercury is absorbed directly into the brain.Mercury crosses the brain
barrier.Mercury concentrations in the human brain and kidneys in relation to
exposurefrom dental amalgam fillings.Nylander M, Friberg L, Lind
B.Department
of Environmental Hygiene, Karolinska Institute, Sweden.Samples from the
central
nervous system (occipital lobe cortex, cerebellarcortex and ganglia
semilunare)
and kidney cortex were collected from autopsiesand analysed for total
mercury
content using neutron activation analyses.Results from 34 individuals showed
statistically significant regressionbetween the number of tooth surfaces
containing amalgam and concentration ofmercury in the occipital lobe cortex
(mean 10.9, range 2.4-28.7 ng Hg/g wetweight). The regression equation y =
7.2
+ 0.24x has a 95% confidence intervalfor the regression coefficient of
0.11-0.37. In 9 cases with suspected alcoholabuse mercury levels in the
occipital lobe were, in most cases, somewhat lowerthan expected based on the
regression line. The observations may be explainedby an inhibition of
oxidation
of mercury vapour. The regression betweenamalgams and mercury levels
remained
after exclusion of these cases. The kidneycortex from 7 amalgam carriers
(mean
433, range 48-810 ng Hg/g wet weight)showed on average a significantly
higher
mercury level than those of 5amalgam-free individuals (mean 49, range 21-105
ng
Hg/g wet weight). In 6 casesanalysis of both inorganic and total mercury was
carried out. A high proportion(mean 77% SD 17%) of inorganic mercury was
found.
It is concluded that thecause of the association between amalgam load and
accumulation of mercury intissues is the release of mercury vapour from
amalgam
fillings.

http://www.y2khealthanddetox.c*om/mercuryinfo.html

8. Mercury from dental amalgam will also be transported across the breast
milk
of lactating women. In fact, it has been demonstrated that breast milk
increases the bio-availability of mercury to the newborn. Negative
developmental effects have been shown (In animal models) in relation to
these
sources and concentrations of mercury.

http://www.chem-tox.com/pregna*ncy/mercury.htm

Old August 9th 06, 05:12 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.breast-implant,misc.kids.health,sci.med.nursing
Jan Drew

"Coleah" wrote in message
Jan Drew said: "You see only what you want to see."

What made this old hag think I'd put her back IN my killfile?
Ha, ha, ha.....the stupid events that drive Jan Drew's "important" life
!!!

I'm certainly not a practicing Christian for you,
because frankly I don't find YOU worthy, SAT-JAN.

You have to find me worthy to be a practicing Christian? How Christian is
that?

Jan Drew said: "I have NEVER denied others their right of choice."
Prove it, LIAR !!

Actually, YOU made that claim. YOU prove it.

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
Oh, my. I jumped right out of Coleah's killfile AGAIN.

I see you are still NOT a practicing Christian.

I have NEVER denied others their right of choice.

In FACT--just the opposite.

"Coleah" wrote in message

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
. ..

"Jeff" wrote in message
news

Old August 9th 06, 07:00 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.breast-implant,misc.kids.health,sci.med.nursing
[email protected]

*+- I hope there are dozens of chemicals in the human body.
*+- *many them linked to potential health threats.*

*+-Absolutely. Sodium, chlorine, DHMO, lithium, carbon, nitrogen,
*+-hydrochloric acid, ...

*+-Did you know that combining carbon and nitrogen produces cyanide?

Heck, didn't they use a bloated pig to blow up castle walls during
medieval sieges on the ground that all those gases in the gut explode?

During the Three Mile Island gugafest, the kooks wanted to dismantle
our campus reactor so we put out a flier "Humans generate K40
radiation! Dismantle humans!" (Potassium 40 radiation is what causes
you to generate sparks when you go near an electrical device.)

I'd like to see those gugas look for "chemical free life form"!

- = -
Vasos-Peter John Panagiotopoulos II, Reagan Mozart Pindus BioStrategist
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/vjp2/vasos.htm
[Yellary Clinton & Yellalot Spitzer: Nasty Together]