Clomid question

Old January 15th 07, 06:30 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
blue

Default Clomid question

My newsreader doesn't go back that far so sorry if this has been discussed
recently. I plan to ask my OB, as I am TTC (as I mentioned)....we just
started TTC again but my regular dr has me a little worried, because I was
diagnosed with endometriosis about 5 years ago. I have an almost-3 year old
so I was able to conceive right away, but that came soon after a course of
treatment with Lupron. For about a year now I have been having terribly
severe pain around ovulation and my periods, and at random times. They have
done all kinds of tests to eliminate everything but endometriosis. I have
had several pelvic x-rays and ultrasounds to check for cysts, which I
sometimes get, and this last time when I was in severe pelvic pain, an
ultrasound showed NO cysts. (Normally there has been at least one syst which
makes the doctors wonder if that is causing some of the pain- one burst one
time and that hurt like you would not believe). So to make a long story
short the doctors think I am having pain often enough that something
(surgery) needs to be done to treat my endometriosis again. But, since my
husband and I want to TTC, we've been told the best option is to TTC for a
few months and if I get pregnant that will delay my endo symptoms like my
first pregnancy did.

If I don't conceive right away (and yes I am going to ask my OB, this is
just a general question) is Clomid an easier option if I still don't want to
have a surgery before having another baby? They were a little concerned
about scarring from endo surgery and wanted to be careful with me before I
had any children and because I was so young. so with my first laparoscopy
they felt there was not serious enough endometriosis to remove, it was
around my bladder etc.I now see a different OB and I am sure if I do have
surgery, he WILL remove some of the endometriosis. But I am not keen on
surgery and if I can would like to have 2 more babies. Then I can look at
the surgery options for endometriosis without worrying.

Is Clomid no big deal to take, or is it something that should only be taken
when so much time has gone by with no results TTC? IOW, is it ok to try it
after a very short time TTC to speed things up?

Old January 15th 07, 03:43 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
CY

I am not a doctor, but have a friend who has been undergoing fertility
treatments for a while. Clomid is a drug used to induce ovulation, and
afaik isn't any kind of help when you have endo (which she has). So unless
you know you have a problem with ovulating, I don't think it's going to help
you get pregnant any faster.

After googling, it looks like Clomid isn't advised for ppl with endo anyway
http://drugs.com/Clomid.html

Good luck

CY

"blue" wrote in message
[...]

Clomid & CM question Ilse Witch Pregnancy 7 December 7th 04 05:24 PM
Another child killed in kincare Kane Spanking 26 February 17th 04 05:30 PM
Kids should work... bobb General 108 December 15th 03 03:23 PM
And again he strikes........ Doan strikes ...... again! was Kids should work... Kane General 2 December 6th 03 03:28 AM