Stepdaughter Allergic to Everything

Old May 18th 05, 07:16 PM
Brad_Chad

I'll venture that you haven't bothered to research anything about the
subject. Once people find out what their hidden food allergies are and
remove them from their diet, their eczema, psoriasis, acne, asthma,
hayfever, whatever, may start to disappear in a matter of days. They
may also have a lot more energy. My health improved dramatically once I
found out I had a hidden allergy to corn and dairy. I can't have food
with corn starch, corn syrup, etc. I didn't realize that these foods
were triggering my joint pain, fatigue, eczema, and hayfever.

Brad_Chad

Old May 18th 05, 07:25 PM
Lacustral

Brad_Chad ) wrote:
These allergic
reactions are delayed reactions. They are not the most severe kind.
Many people can throw out their eczema or psoriasis medicine after they
find out what their Hidden food allergies are because they no longer
have symptoms.

When you have it bad, food intolerance can be incredibly severe. It's
very sneaky too. People often know if they have an IgE-mediated food
allergy because reactions are (sometimes) obvious. But you can get your
emotional and physical health wrecked by food intolerance for decades
without knowing what's the problem.

Actually igE-mediated food allergies can be hidden too. I have a yeast
allergy, i'm supposed to avoid dried fruit because there's a lot of
yeast in it. I never noticed anything after eating dried fruit so I
ignored that.

But, I have a really severe corn intolerance/allergy. I don't know which
it is - but 1/16 of a grain of corn made me VERY sick for several days.
Once I went seriously corn-free, which is hard to do, I got awful
itchy rashes from dates - an IgE allergy type symptom. My body had been
suppressing the symptoms from
the corn I'd been eating, and it served to suppress all sorts of other
food reactions too - including the IgE yeast allergy.

I used to be "hypoglycemic" - a lot of anxiety, irritability, spaciness,
hunger after eating sugar. Not any more! After clearing out foods I was
intolerant to by elimination diet/food challenges, I now can eat sweets
Fine!!! And I do, lots of maple syrup

I'm gluten intolerant - the underlying cause of all this is probably
gluten intolerance, which causes people to develop many other food
reactions because of damage to the small intestine.

Laura

Conventional medicine can't explain it so they make the
excuse that the problem must go into remission (or it is the placebo
effect).

They haven't done the research yet, food intolerance is utterly
under-researched. Lots of things not known, like how or why food
intolerance would affect the endocrine system, as likely happened with
my "hypoglycemia".

Old May 18th 05, 09:28 PM
CWatters

"Brad_Chad" wrote in message
oups.com...

My health improved dramatically once I found out I had a hidden
allergy to corn and dairy.

Naturopathic doctors are great - but if your condition was only "improved"
not eliminated perhaps your Naturopathic doctor isn't the best around? How
would you decide which Naturopathic doctor was better?

Old May 18th 05, 11:10 PM
Mark Probert

oups.com...

Horse****.

Once people find out what their hidden food allergies are and
remove them from their diet, their eczema, psoriasis, acne, asthma,
hayfever, whatever, may start to disappear in a matter of days. They
may also have a lot more energy. My health improved dramatically once I
found out I had a hidden allergy to corn and dairy. I can't have food
with corn starch, corn syrup, etc. I didn't realize that these foods
were triggering my joint pain, fatigue, eczema, and hayfever.

PLACEBO EFFECT

Old May 19th 05, 05:32 AM
Brad_Chad

It is possible that I have another health problem besides Hidden Food
Allergies that I haven't detected yet.

Brad_Chad

Old May 19th 05, 05:42 AM
Brad_Chad

Explain to me how I could go for a long period of time and have no
health problems, forget to read the ingredients in food, and have the
joint pain and fatigue all over again. It is amazing that my body can
cause me to suffer diarrhea from corn even when I don't realize that
something has corn starch in it. It is amazing that many people have
bodies that can majically guess that foods have ingredients in ithem
that people are sensitive to without reading the label. Placebo Effect,
when you don't know the ingredients until afterwards?

Brad_Chad