Undercover In High School

Old November 7th 06, 02:49 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Bev

Default Undercover In High School

'Kate wrote:
On 6 Nov 2006 18:17:59 -0800, "Bev" the
following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

'Kate wrote:
On 6 Nov 2006 15:05:48 -0800, "Bev" the
following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

I hear about more deaths of our teens, at least here in this State,
caused by alcohol. I have never heard of someone dying from over
intoxication of pot.......

Yeah, but you never know what lung cancer rates will look like in 20-30
years. That 8hit ain't filtered (bongs excepted).

Yeah, but there are more and more cases of lung cancer surfacing in
people that never smoked so much as a ham ! smirk

There are several types of lung cancer and many causes.
And yes, people who have never smoked can get lung cancer.
However, the incidence rate for smokers is higher than nonsmokers (of
anything).

So yes the long term effects of pot smoking could lead to lung cancer
you are right.

Speaking of bongs, I think I was the plant that night ...yowzaaa!

Pot does lower inhibitions.

Oh yes and how embarassing that can be !

People who are high act stupid.

at least they have a good reason for it....what about the stupid people
that arent high? g

Some stare at plants.

or as I said up there ^ ......are the plants! roflol!

Others have "pipe dreams". Paranoia. Munchies. and when they
try to quit, if they've been smoking often, they will get insomnia and
can become aggressive/angry.

seriously ......yes I know there are the down falls of being a stoner

Also the driving accidents that are killing
our kids are alcohol related.

It's DUI... doesn't mean alcohol.. anything that alters
reality/perception is worthy of a DUI.

Oh I know this ! What I see tho is that the front page stories of our
teens dying in car wrecks, it is found that 99.9 percent of the time
Alcohol is most definately involved in both driver and occupants levels
being well over the legal limit for legal users of alcohol. So here we
have our children consuming this stuff and getting in cars! Where as
other substances are not mentioned as a contributor to the accident. I
dont think there are as many stoners getting killed in car wrecks as
there are alcohol consumers.......

How would anyone know? Alcohol abuse is the one we hear about the most
because of organizations like MADD. Alcohol is the first suspected
substance when an accident happens... you can smell it on the person,
there are cans or bottles, it's the one that is tested for by
breathalyzer. It takes a urine test to prove pot was a factor and if a
suspect tests positive, it doesn't mean that the person was smoking that
day. It could have been smoked at any time within 9 weeks of the test
(if the person uses daily). Because of the slow rate of "getting clean",
it's easy for a lawyer to get a user off because the test cannot show
that the person was impaired at that particular time. Alcohol, however,
has a definite rate of absorption and... disabsorption? We know that it
takes a shorter time for alcohol levels to drop.

Accurate info .....my point is/was that the news stories are not saying
pot was a factor or coke was a factor etc in the accident, they can
tell by toxicology exams that there may have been "levels" of other
drugs and will report it but not too often do we hear those levels were
a contributing factor in the cause for the accident . Alcohol on the
other hand is more often noted as a factor .

Pot = illegal = munchies....good treatment for "wasting syndrome"
Alcohol = legal = death

hello !

Oh and if I lost brain cells in all of that I'm not noticing them
missing lol! Matter of fact I'm pretty telligent ! ;-)

yes, you are!

Confucius say ......maybe it was the pot! ....... J/K of course :-)

Bev

Ah.... what? :-)

'K

Ah...you heard me er read me...lol!

Bev

Old November 7th 06, 02:55 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Tiffany

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 00:53:15 GMT, "Tiffany" the
following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

"'Kate" wrote in message
. ..
On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 21:39:48 GMT, "Tiffany" the
following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

And I know that pot is always
condemned the gate-way drug and for many it probably is. But not
everyone
becomes a junkie after smoking pot.

Tobacco is now the new "gateway" drug.

I don't know if that's because the powers that be have decided that it
is a "drug" so now they study it differently.

'K

So then it should be illegal?? lol

It should atleast demand that smokers pay a higher price for their drug of
choice.

They do. The price of a pack is more than doubled by taxes in most
areas.

Still not enough and the taxes should go to health care. But just my
opinion.

They should also have to pay higher premiums for health insurance but I
think other classes of folks should pay higher premiums too BUT that is a
whole other newsgroup.

Old November 7th 06, 02:56 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Tiffany

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 00:57:09 GMT, "Tiffany" the
following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

I will on occasion look through the friends friends list...... always
checking for that hidden myspace. lol

Me too! LOL

Kids.... they keep you on your toes.
Some days I just want to say screw it.... do what you want! But that
doesn't
last more then an hour.

I can relate to that.

I don't want to know everything that's going on in my children's lives.
They know, by this age, how to hide something from me. They can always
go to each other for advice and help and often do. Between the three of
them, they usually come up with the right thing to do.

'k

That's all you can ask for, right?

(I am glad I am not the only parent that My Space snoops. lol)

Old November 7th 06, 02:58 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Tiffany

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 23:44:27 GMT, "Moon Shyne"
the following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

My kids know, bottom line, they have no rights. They live in my home, on
my
nickel, while the rest of the nickels pay for everything around here.

Yes, if it's in plain view, it was there to be seen. Yes, I have the
right
to go into their rooms at will. Yes, I have the right to their usernames
and passwords for email (and if they don't work, I will force them to
cancel).

They're kids. I'm the adult. If they break the law, the law will find me,
as their parent, responsible.

Damn right!

And ya know what? It works, at least here. The worst trouble my oldest
got
into was to be on the receiving end of a punch to the face (for which the
puncher was found guilty) - the worst trouble my younger has gotten into
was
detention for being late to class.

Wow... you've done a GREAT job keeping your kids safe!

They talk to me - sure, probably not about everything everything, but
certainly about the important stuff (opposite sex, drugs, all that stuff),
when and if I catch them lying, it's about the little stuff (like being
home
by curfew versus 20 minutes late)...

And in return for following the rules of the house, respecting me as the
keeper of the goodies, and staying in school and out of trouble, they are
allowed their privacy.

It works for us.

Rules sure do make parenting easier. You wouldn't believe the number of
parents and kids that don't know and don't set rules. "They should
know"... um.... how? Tell them what you expect and check up.

I didn't expect my kids to get into what they did but they were caught
right away when they made bad decisions. They were told. They chose not
to follow the rules. They payed the price. They know I'll test.

The schools here are rife with drugs. The community that I live in is
ineffective at controlling illicit drugs. All the kids know which house
sells. It's a shame. It makes everyone unsafe.

'K

Don't feel bad..... I think most schools are ripe with drugs now a days.

I also will test on a drop of a dime. And she will pay for the test. lol

Old November 8th 06, 01:33 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Moon Shyne

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 13:55:34 GMT, "Tiffany" the
following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

"'Kate" wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 00:53:15 GMT, "Tiffany" the
following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

"'Kate" wrote in message
m...
[...]

They pay higher life insurance rates. They also feed the system with
social security money because they die sooner... and they don't use the
same ongoing level of care once they're older. Lung cancer takes'em
pretty quickly.

My understanding of private health insurance policies is that they cost
more for smokers and they often test for nicotine in the system.

So what's next? Higher premiums for anyone who's 'obese', since that causes
health problems too? What about people who drink alcohol? They're
impairing their own health too...... as is anyone who picks up an STD,
anyone who drives too fast, anyone with high cholesterol, or diabetes....

By the time you get done, everyone will fall into some group who "should
also have to pay higher premiums for health insurance"

And then we're right back at square one.

Old November 9th 06, 11:19 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Tiffany Duncan

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 13:58:21 GMT, "Tiffany" the
following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

"'Kate" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

The threat alone gives them something to say when they're offered.
"Sorry, I can't. Mom drug tests."

lol... but only if mom suspects something. Kids can be so sneaky. Gotta love
em.

Old March 13th 07, 09:07 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents

Default SPAM

"Jeff_M" wrote in message
ups.com...
A former undercover drug detective takes parents and teachers into the
dangerous world of teenage drug use. A must read blog for every parent
and teacher. The blog is free and is supported by readers visiting all
the life saving and informative links on the blog.

http://parentsbattleplan.blogspot.com/