wDnnSCPS

Old July 18th 05, 12:59 AM
Doug

Kane writes:

Diseases have characteristics. And respond to conditions to become
active in the victim.

Child abuse has them as well, both.
"
Even today, child abuse is highly correlated with income, with children
in homes with incomes below $15,000 being 22 times more likely to be
physically abused, 18 times more likely to be sexually abused, and 56
times more likely to be neglected than those with family incomes
exceeding $30,000.

Hi, Kane,

So, is being poor a disease?

Children are abused by foster carers at eight to ten times the rates of
children raised by other caregivers, including parents. Does that make
foster caregiving a disease?

Is correlation to incidence of child abuse make the variables a disease or
child abuse itself a disease?

Old July 18th 05, 01:02 AM
Pop

Thou cockered crook-pated strumpet... Thou vain
swag-bellied harpy... Thou currish knotty-pated
wagtail... Thou goatish fly-bitten mammet... Thou
pribbling tickle-brained strumpet...

Sure, I've seen people like you before - but I had to
pay an admission...

Hi there, I'm a human being! What are you?

I've seen more life in a down and out's vest.

You're red shirt goes well with your eyes...

Save your breath...You'll need it to blow up your date.

Shouldn't you have a license for being that ugly?

Calling you an idiot would be an insult to all the
stupid people.

Folk clap when they see you...but they clap their hands
over their eyes.

You're about as much use as a Betamax videorecorder

All day I thought of you....I was at the zoo.

I'd love to ask how old you are, but unfortunately I
know you can't count that high.

You should learn from your parents mistakes - try using
some birth control.

He does the work of three men: Curly, Larry and Moe

Next time you shave, try standing an inch or two closer
to the blade.

If I was as ugly as you were, I wouldn't say Hi to
folk, I'd say BOO!

You've got the perfect weapon against muggers - yer
face.

You got a face only a mother could love...unfortunately
she too hates it!

I heard that you went to the haunted house and they
offered you a job.

Listen, are you always this stupid or are you just
making a special effort today?

Sure, I'd love to help you out...now, which way did you
come in?

Anybody who told you to be yourself simply couldn't
have given you worse advice...

I heard you were so cool that you began teaching
remedial classes at Cucumber college.

Well, they do say opposites attact...so I sincerely
hope you meet somebody who is attractive, honest,
intelligent, and cultured.

I heard that you changed your mind. So, what did you do
with the diaper?

Why don't you slip into something more
comfortable...like a coma.

You started at the bottom...and it's been downhill ever
since!

I heard that you were a Ladykiller. They take one look
at you and die of shock.

Is your name Maple Syrup? - Well, it damn well should
be, you sap!

I know what sign you were born under...'RED LIGHT
DISTRICT'

ups.com...

http://www.psychohistory.com/htm/eln07_evolution.html

Old July 18th 05, 01:06 AM
Doug

I wrote:

Nope. Child abuse decidedly does not lay limpant as a disease and then
suddenly surface as a criminal behavior. There is no such thing as a
latent
child abuse disease.

To which Kane replies:
"Yes there is. People regularly, for instance, use Corporal Punishment
to 'discipline' their children...to try and control them. It may never
rise to the level of abuse. And then again I may. And does, all too
often."

"It was a latent condition prior to rising to the level of abuse."

Old July 18th 05, 01:18 AM
Pop

"GOT-DAM, bow-legs! You couldn't find your ass with
both hands if you had a map!"

"**** YOU, Cat! If YOU had to haul ass, you'd have to
make two trips."

"Aw... BITE ME!"

"I don't eat ****!"

See? That's how we talk. We might be shooting pistols
or eating shrimp while this kind of conversation
transpires, but we're not mad at each other. It's just
a Southern thing. Good ole boy stuff.

Go to the Swamp Fox on Highway 30 and sit around the
coffee pot with the old men who gather there every day.
You wanna talk about insults and bitchin'? Those old
farts are EXPERTS and they've been insulting and
bitchin' at each other for 30 ****ing years. I used to
go there just to take notes.

I believe in studying at the feet of the masters.

So, if I tell you to bite me, or if I say that you need
to be dragged off and shot, that's not necessarily a
bad thing. And if I bark at you over the way you're
cutting a watermelon, it JUST might be my way of
starting a conversation and getting myself a piece of
that melon.

You've gotta live Down South to understand.

"Doug" wrote in message
Kane writes:

Some crime does. Some crime comes under civil law.
The police may not
even see it. That is the point of CPS. To keep it
from becoming, as you
pointed out in an earlier post, felonious.

Hi, Kane,

Crime comes under criminal statutes. The misdemeanor
charge of child endangerment is not investigated by
CPS and does not fall under civil law. Child
endangerment is investigated by police and tried in
criminal court.
More severe child abuse is investigated by police and
is prosecuted in criminal court as a felony.

There is nothing false in my statement defining and
clarifying what you
are up to.

The falsity is in your statements. You know nothing
about what an author of a post is "up to." My
purpose is to discuss the issues, not the motivation
of those who take positions on those issues. If you
are so involved in the witchcraft of guessing at
people's motives, you'll have to go it alone.

They are so well trained they even know when to stop
and turn a case
over to a police detective for investigation.

The literature abounds with research that disputes
your contention. It is a common complaint among CWLA
and other child welfare agencies that CPS workers are
poorly trained.

Not all child abuse is a felony. Not all child abuse
rises to the level
of the perp being a felon.

Not all crimes of child abuse are felonies. Most
criminal violations of child abuse statutes are
misdemeanors. Child abuse is a crime. Not all child
abuse rises to the level of the perp being a felon,
you're right. That is why states have the lower
theshold of "misdemeanor" for the crime of child
abuse.

Yes, that is correct, but in no way negates my
statement. When CPS
opens a case, and there is no evidence in the
allegation call to
suggest strong likelihood of a felony, CPS will
investigate. If such
evidence shows up, they will turn the case over to
the police,
sometimes still being part of the investigative
team. Please stop this
lying Doug. It's unfair to confuse the reader that
might not know your
history.

There need not be evidence to suggest strong
likelihood of a felony for the crime of child abuse
to be turned over to police. Most criminal
prosecutions for child abuse are misdemeanors. Most
investigations by police overall are for
misdemeanors.

Have a great day!

Old July 18th 05, 04:31 PM
Pop

This is a Foster Parent Support newsgroup. Give it
back to the foster parents and stop with the childish,
inane crap. Do not go away mad, just go away;

"Doug" wrote in message
Kane SCRIBBLED:

Diseases LIKE ME have characteristics. And respond
to conditions to become
active in MY victim.

Old July 18th 05, 09:05 PM

"Doug" wrote in message
Kane SCRIBBLED:

Diseases LIKE ME have characteristics. And respond
to conditions to become
active in MY victim.

Interesting that you'd change my words without proper attribution,
POOPinpants. For someone that keeps posting information on netiquette
you certainly miss how much you are in violation yourself.

Does your lack of ethics go with you being more important than anyone
else?

0:-

Old July 19th 05, 12:38 AM
Pop

Publications List (A complete list in .pdf format of
AFCR titles)

New Titles Listing
Most recent titles

American Foster Care Resources, Inc., founded in 1983,
is a nonprofit, tax exempt corporation dedicated to the
research, development and production of informational
and educational resources for and about family foster
care.

As a publisher, AFCR strives to provide resource
materials to foster care providers, the children in
care and their families, and, the placing agency's
staff and administration. AFCR publishes its Foster
Care Journal quarterly; a complimentary subscription is
available - please click the Foster Care Journal tag in
the Index column to the left and complete the online
subscription form. AFCR's publications are subdivided
into general topic areas and listed in the Index
column.

The DOWNLOAD CATALOGS tag offers AFCR's catalogs in
..pdf format.

If you have questions or comments visit the Contact Us
tag and use the e-mail link.

wrote in message
oups.com...

Old July 19th 05, 06:47 AM

Kane's Komments

Kane:

Mmmm...this one is becoming just too sad to comment on. Mental illness,
a disease, seems to, at this point, be the defining factor in the death
of this child.

Isn't it odd how family can be the source of the best and the worst.
And so important to us. No wonder we want a CPS.

Warning. If you are already down for some reason, don't read the
article at the news site. It's just too sad.

" An interview conducted with Acevedo the day her son disappeared has
her describing Coffman as "psychotic, depressed and often suicidal,"
the document says.

She also said that her mother-in-law had at some earlier point
attempted to kill herself "by cutting her throat."

http://katu.com/stories/78448.html

Old July 25th 05, 04:45 AM

Doug, you propagandist, these people tell the truth, and it's like this
all over the country.

Propagandist. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Foster kids need solution like home
Published July 23 2005

Tamara Dietrich

Foster kids need solution like home

Police found six of them in May - siblings all under the age of 6, left
alone in a filthy house in Newport News - sleeping on a single bare
mattress on the floor.

"I saw situations like that 15, 16 years ago," says Christina Smith,
senior social work supervisor with the Department of Social Services.
"But you keep thinking things surely would have improved by now."

Social workers took the youngsters to their office, bathed them in a
sink, then started ringing up foster parents.

With foster children outpacing foster homes in the city by about four
to one, they were lucky to place the children between only two homes.
Since then, the two oldest have already been moved four times. The
infant, twice.

These children underscore the crying need for improvement in an
overburdened system. For a stable place for shell-shocked kids,
especially sibling groups.

The solution? One bunch of bona fide do-gooders thinks it lies in an
idea as retro as a Peninsula Children's Home.

If you're thinking Charles Dickens, don't. That's far too bleak an
image for what Jayne Di Vincenzo and her colleagues at MICG Investment
Management have in mind.

What they envision is a child-friendly place with live-in guardians and
mentors, where children will be treated with respect, where they'll get
an education and medical care, where their wounds will be healed and
talents and skills encouraged.

Yes, we're talking Big Rock Candy Mountain. But these people aren't
pie-eyed innocents.

Di Vincenzo is married to one of the Local News editors here at the
Daily Press. She also is MICG vice president for the Peninsula region
and a two-year volunteer as a Court Appointed Special Advocate. Through
CASA, she represents the interests of children who've been abused and
neglected. She's seen the worst that families can dish out.

Just last week, one of her CASA kids told her that his 6-year-old
friend had just been killed by his own mother. "This is just not good,"
she says.

She knows full well that children in foster care are more likely to
drop out of school, to drop out of life, to drop kids who will
eventually enter the system, too.

One of her CASA cases includes a mother raised in foster care. She's a
drug user and incarcerated again, so her kids are in foster care, too.
"I don't want them to grow up and repeat the cycle," Di Vincenzo says.
http://www.dailypress.com/dp-55026cm...temailedli nk