Peeing?

Old August 19th 06, 08:06 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
xkatx

Default Peeing?

Sorry if this is TMI, but I'm wondering if anyone has had something like
this before...

I just can't stop peeing, but it's not really like I am actually going to
the bathroom... I feel huge urges to pee, but when I actually go, it's like
2 little dribbles, and it seems to be ALL the time - probably every 5
minutes or so. Is this normal? It often feels like it gets worse when the
baby moves around, which is all the time. The small dribbles are kind of
getting somewhat annoying, obviously.
Is this alright? It doesn't hurt - I don't think it's a bladder infection
or anything, as I've had that before and found it downright painful. Could
I have some sort of infection or problem that I should go see about getting
checked out? I am literally running to the toilet every 5 minutes, feeling
like I *really* have to go, only to find out that I really don't. If I sit
down, it's easier to manage and ends up being every 10-15 minutes, but the
second I stand up it's like I get hit hard and have to RUN to make it, only
to find out nothing.

Any ideas on what the problem could be or is this normal? I'm 30+w right
now, if that matters, and with the other 3, I don't recall this being an
issue.

Old August 19th 06, 09:30 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Me Myself and I

"xkatx" wrote in message
[...]

I still think it sounds like a UTI. The frequent need to go, but not being
able to go etc. I have had dozens of UTI's and this is how they all start.
They normally only become painful when you have had them for a little whole
and the lining of the tract has become irritated.

It could be the baby too but I think if it were then you would actually
be peeing.

Either way you will probably find out in about 24 hours. If it get painful
you'll have your answer and if it stays painfree you'll have the other
answer

How about lying on your left side and see if you can encourage the baby to
move?

Good luck

--
Pip

My girls :
DD1 Jasmine - 5 weeks early - 21 March 02 -
Still as small as a peanut but as smart as a whip!

DD2 Abby - 8 weeks early - 3 Feb 05 -
"Uhhhhh ohhhhhh" is my new favourite phrase, now what other trouble can I
find!

"Yes you can drive me insane just by talking to me!"

Old August 20th 06, 05:20 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
xkatx

"Me Myself and I" wrote in message
"xkatx" wrote in message
[...]

Hm... I don't remember this peeing/not peeing issue ever before, but... I
think I will get it checked out, just to be on the safe side. I would
*hate* to end up thinking it was nothing and not doing a thing about it and
find out in a short time that I'm suffering and in pain. UTI/bladder
infection of any sort is pure hell for me... Do NOT want to deal with that
again if I don't have to!

It could be the baby too but I think if it were then you would actually
be peeing.

Either way you will probably find out in about 24 hours. If it get
painful you'll have your answer and if it stays painfree you'll have the
other answer

I talked to a friend who said to avoid a walk in clinic of any sort unless I
absolutely have to. I'm going to hold out until Monday morning and call my
OB and see if I can get in ASAP. If it becomes painful, then off to the
walk in I shall go, but I've heard (from this friend as well as another)
that pre-natal care of any sort in the walk-ins are pretty shotty. I'd
rather look fairly silly with nothing wrong with the OB than sit around the
walk in clinics for nothing, or have my own doctor aware of any issues or
problems (that could or could not be pregnancy related)

How about lying on your left side and see if you can encourage the baby to
move?

Hm... How about what??? Encouraging this thing to move? Is there any way
to discourage her from moving? lol It seriously drives me insane at times
as there doesn't seem to be any time that there's no movement! I think I
really don't get a very good sleep at night... Normally movement is more
noticed at night, or when you're sitting and relaxing, yet I get major
movement all day, every day...

....Which doesn't help as far as my current washroom issue goes

Good luck

Old August 20th 06, 02:45 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
V.

"xkatx" wrote in message
Sorry if this is TMI, but I'm wondering if anyone has had something like
this before...

I just can't stop peeing, but it's not really like I am actually going to
the bathroom... I feel huge urges to pee, but when I actually go, it's
like 2 little dribbles, and it seems to be ALL the time - probably every 5
minutes or so.

You probably should still get checked for a UTI, but I had this problem when
pregnant with no UTI. Something about the baby putting pressure on the
nerves to the bladder so I thought I had to go when I really didn't? I've
forgotten the explanation now, but the midwife thought it was totally
normal. I just tried to ignore the urges as much as possible, but that
meant I had to literally schedule going to the bathroom since my body
couldn't tell the difference between really needing to go and a "fake out".
Hope it's just that and not a UTI! Drink cranberry juice just in case (pure
juice, not cocktail if you can find it).

Amy

Old August 21st 06, 12:52 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
betsy

xkatx wrote:

I just can't stop peeing, but it's not really like I am actually going to
the bathroom... I feel huge urges to pee, but when I actually go, it's like
2 little dribbles, and it seems to be ALL the time - probably every 5
minutes or so. Is this normal? It often feels like it gets worse when the
baby moves around, which is all the time. The small dribbles are kind of
getting somewhat annoying, obviously.
Is this alright? It doesn't hurt - I don't think it's a bladder infection
or anything, as I've had that before and found it downright painful. Could

UTIs during pregnancy can have serious consequences for both the mother
and baby. Since you have some symptoms, you could call now and ask
your doctor what to do. He may send you right in somewhere for a quick
urine test.

uuhsc.utah.edu/healthinfo/pediatric/Hrpregnant/kidney.htm

If you do not have an infection, here is something that has helped me
in later pregnancy. When you sit on the toilet, pee all you can, then
while sitting on the toilet, bend forward, then to each side and then
lean back as far as is practical, when you return to a normal sitting
position, see if you can pee more.

--Betsy

Old August 21st 06, 06:16 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
PK

xkatx wrote:
[...]

by all means, get it checked out if you feel that its an issue, but I
had exactly the same problem at about the same gestation (33 weeks for
me). in fact, when I tried to pee, I remember nothing actually
happening. After much freaking out, it turns out the baby's position
can squeeze the bladder (which you are probably finding out !) and in
certain positions can impede the flow of urine. make baby move and try
again. This is from the nurse that I talked to back then.
(It also means that baby has dropped really low - have you had your
fundal height measurements slack off or anything ? Kat, you know with
all the stress you are going through and all the running around you are
doing, and if the baby has dropped already - its giving me a feeling of
deja vu. This was exactly how I felt right about where you are now in
the pregnancy, next came night sweats, then baby becoming more active
than usual for a few days, and then pre term labor. If you see the
same progression, (and I know this has no real scientific basis), just
take it easy OK ? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you).

But again, if you feel like this is an issue, get it checked out.

PK

Old August 21st 06, 06:30 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jennifer Massey-Howe

I get what you are talking about once every 3 to 6 months. I usually take a
hot bath and relax and the next day it is usually gone.

jennifer
Ariana 8/17/06
Alex 6/4/05

Old August 21st 06, 08:42 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Lori

Since you are peeing, I would guess it's probably not an infection. I would
think most likely just all the extra pressure that's on your bladder right
now.

Not a bad idea to go get the doctor to check it out though just in case.

Old August 22nd 06, 12:16 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
xkatx

"PK" wrote in message
ups.com...

xkatx wrote:
[...]

I find that today it's all about the same still.

(It also means that baby has dropped really low - have you had your
fundal height measurements slack off or anything ?

I had my last appointment on Thursday - I was measuring 28, which would be
about 2 weeks behind?
I'm really not sure if I was always measuring right on, or off, but I know
last appointment was 28.

Kat, you know with
all the stress you are going through and all the running around you are
doing, and if the baby has dropped already - its giving me a feeling of
deja vu.

Is this a bad thing if it did drop so soon? My doc said that even though I
was measuring a bit small for weeks, she wasn't concerned at all.

This was exactly how I felt right about where you are now in
the pregnancy, next came night sweats, then baby becoming more active
than usual for a few days, and then pre term labor.

I don't think I get night sweats... I do tend to be lacking decent sleep -
when I actually do eventually fall asleep, it's horrible as I toss and turn
most of the night. I wake up with major aches in my hips back and neck, and
every now and then with a slight headache (that normally tends to clear by
mid-morning without needing to take anything)
I also find when I get up in the morning, it takes some time to get my head
out of my a$$, and I find I can sometimes be fairly dizzy if I get up in the
middle of the night for a washroom break or in the morning.
I thought that she might have turned head up the other night, as I always
seem to get something jabbing in the middle of my stomach on the left side.
The other day it was opposite - jabbing on the right side in the middle, and
I also felt something fairly hard and round up at the top of my stomach that
was definitely not there before. Seems since then, though, that it's gone
back to the left side with no hard round thing at the top (that I thought
*could* be a head, although I am far from an expert)

If you see the
same progression, (and I know this has no real scientific basis), just
take it easy OK ? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you).

Could it all just be stress or in my mind? I do feel urges to go to the
washroom, but normally nothing, or very little. If I hold it off for a
while and fight the urge, when I can't fight it anymore I *really* go...
Again, it's not a whole bunch, but it seems to have the pressure of a fire
hose!

But again, if you feel like this is an issue, get it checked out.

PK

It was just such a crazy, crazy day today... There ended up being this
community bbq thing going on for families in the area, and also games and
such for the kids... I ended up getting trapped into going to that today
when the kid came home wanting to go after another kid a few doors down had
mentioned it!

Old August 22nd 06, 01:27 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
PK

xkatx wrote:
"PK" wrote in message
ups.com...

xkatx wrote:

Is this a bad thing if it did drop so soon? My doc said that even though I
was measuring a bit small for weeks, she wasn't concerned at all.

Well, it could be bad, but then again it also may be perfectly normal.
I know I know that doesn't help at all! The most common reason for
fundal height not increasing is usually because the baby has dropped.
Now it could also mean that baby was in a different position than the
last time you were measured, or that the person who measured you
introduced some human error in measurement. Probably a combination of
all three. The only thing I want to stress is that, *if* the baby has
dropped, or starting to drop, then you want to not go gung ho and work
your ass off, but take it easy. (I did not know this when I was
pregnant, and ended up working on my feet for pretty much a continous 8
hour stretch for 2 or 3 days). Also, for second babies and further out,
babies tend to drop closer and closer to labor time, but again - thats
just a general rule and may not be true for everybody.
Hence, it could be bad, but then again it also may be perfectly normal.

I don't think I get night sweats... I do tend to be lacking decent sleep -
when I actually do eventually fall asleep, it's horrible as I toss and turn
most of the night. I wake up with major aches in my hips back and neck, and
every now and then with a slight headache (that normally tends to clear by
mid-morning without needing to take anything)

Sounds normal to me.

I also find when I get up in the morning, it takes some time to get my head
out of my a$$, and I find I can sometimes be fairly dizzy if I get up in the
middle of the night for a washroom break or in the morning.

Do you tend to have low BP ? Or low iron in your blood (anemic?) or a
combination of both ?

I thought that she might have turned head up the other night, as I always
seem to get something jabbing in the middle of my stomach on the left side.
The other day it was opposite - jabbing on the right side in the middle, and
I also felt something fairly hard and round up at the top of my stomach that
was definitely not there before. Seems since then, though, that it's gone
back to the left side with no hard round thing at the top (that I thought
*could* be a head, although I am far from an expert)

Actually I think the hard round thing was probably her butt. and the
jabbing in the left middle is probably her knee / leg. They start to
get pretty cramped there in a very short while, and really have to
double up to fit. I wouldnt / couldnt guess the baby's body parts
without expert assistance at all. But E was head down and stuck that
way since week 32.

Could it all just be stress or in my mind? I do feel urges to go to the
washroom, but normally nothing, or very little. If I hold it off for a
while and fight the urge, when I can't fight it anymore I *really* go...
Again, it's not a whole bunch, but it seems to have the pressure of a fire
hose!

I'd go if I were you. Worst case is you'll end up with the nuisance of
going a lot. But you dont want to stress your already stressed bladder.

It was just such a crazy, crazy day today... There ended up being this
community bbq thing going on for families in the area, and also games and
such for the kids... I ended up getting trapped into going to that today
when the kid came home wanting to go after another kid a few doors down had
mentioned it!

Tut. Take care. And don't tire yourself out.

PK