36 weeks update - bp lowers!

Old April 16th 05, 08:43 AM

Default 36 weeks update - bp lowers!

Another eventful week. I go to the doctor's twice a week for fetal
monitoring and to see the OB. In the first appointment the baby was
back to breech again. I had felt the baby flip back to breech again so
I wasn't surprised. My BP was 140/96 at that appointment.

In between appointments my cold/flu that I've been fighting for weeks
turned into a sinus infection, so I had to go to a drop in doctor to
get some antibiotics and some nasal spray.

Then the really eventful appointment was today because my bp was
165/116, so I was sent to labor and delivery for evaluation. I was
really worried that this was going to be it since I am already on so
much bp meds, but miracle of miracles my bp dropped down to lower
levels while at labor and delivery. I mean like 120/80ish levels!! I
thought there must have been something wrong with their cuff, but was
happy they let me go. When I checked my bp at home tonight it was then
130/85, so still much lower than lately!! I am so happy. I hope this
keeps up. I think maybe the cold/flu/sinus infection the past few
weeks was being hard on my body and raising my bp, and now that I am
finally over the hump of this illness, maybe my bp will be under better
control again - yay. I can hope at least! Dh has also taken over
night-time care of our kids until a few weeks after the new bub is
born, to try to help me get more rest, so perhaps that is helping my bp
too. But with bp lower I actually had protein in the urine for the
first time, and there was some other lab value that was slightly off, I
think it was elevated uric acid. They said that was only a soft marker
for pre-e, so they didn't give that much weight. My platelets were
back up into the 80Ks again, so rising platelets made them think it
wasn't pre-e.

Also, between appointments I was able to get the baby back to head down
again. When I was on my side I felt the baby go to transverse, so I
pushed down with my hand to keep the head from going up while I got
into hands and knees position and then dropped my front which made the
head float up toward my butt. Hopefully baby will stay head down, but
since it floats to transverse when I lay on my side it might be a pipe
dream to think the baby will stay put.

So that was my eventful week. I sure hope my bps keep staying lower.
And I am so glad I am finally feeling better from this horrible
cold/flu thing I've had.

KC

Old April 16th 05, 04:47 PM
Anne Rogers

that sounds bizarre, but a good thing, I hope it stays low

Anne

Old April 19th 05, 09:27 AM
Larry McMahan

Good luck KC. We are rooting for you.

Larry

12 weeks update Mamma Mia Pregnancy 5 November 8th 04 01:02 AM
misc.kids FAQ on Breastfeeding Past the First Year [email protected] Info and FAQ's 0 October 29th 04 05:23 AM
misc.kids FAQ on breastpumps, Part 1/2 Beth Weiss Info and FAQ's 1 April 3rd 04 12:36 PM
misc.kids FAQ on Breastfeeding Past the First Year [email protected] Info and FAQ's 0 January 16th 04 09:15 AM
Update on breech at 35 weeks Christa Pregnancy 3 December 5th 03 03:01 PM